Regehr worst Dman in the League

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Robyn Regehr is the worst defense man in the leage with 6 or more games played according to Corsi. The sabres D core (not surprisingly) is all negative minus Ehrhoff (also not surprising). What a marketing job CGY did to get what they did from us because the wheels have completely fallen off.

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stat...+3+5+4+6+7+8+13+14+29+30+32+33+34+45+46+63+67

Don't need corsi to tell us that. A pair of eyeballs and access to MSG is all one really needs.

I didn't realize that there is actually a speed below "slower than ****."

Ted Black

May 23, 2011
Lol at ehrhoff

I must be blind. Personally I've though RR has been one of our better dmen. Sure, he's slow, but how often does he actually get beat? He's very sound defensively and he can lay the hammer down. Maybe I just haven't been paying attention.:laugh:

Clock

May 13, 2006
Yeah, we need Regehr to score some more goals for him to make be a gooder defenseman.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Talk about cherry picking! :biglaugh:

I would take Regehr over half of the starting top 6 defensemen on each team in the league this season.

Why do some people equate points from a defenseman = good defenseman. And no points = bad defenseman?

Freakin weird!

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Talk about cherry picking! :biglaugh:

I would take Regehr over half of the starting top 6 defensemen on each team in the league this season.

Why do some people equate points from a defenseman = good defenseman. And no points = bad defenseman?

Freakin weird!

Chicago says hello

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
I thought RR played solid against the B's, I think this is a matter of looking way too much into one advanced stat. Im not opposed to advanced stats, I actually think they're pretty useful, but so many variables are in play for them to be calculated it's too easy to choose one of them and make assumptions

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
He's a defensive defenseman getting a boatload of defensive starts against top competition on a team that sucks at faceoffs and is getting murked in shot differential. Not even a little shocking.

Stone87

Mar 20, 2005
Rochester
The Corsi Stat has some pretty major limitations and it is basically +/-, but with shots instead of goals. The idea being that there are way more shots during a game than goals; so in theory there should be a better correlation between the amount of offense being generated against while that player is on the ice.

The problem is that not all shots are created equal. Some defenses give up a decent amount of low quality shots from the outside and that works for them. In Regehr's case it is worth noting that while his Corsi # sucks that he has only been on the ice for three even strength goals against, which isn't bad when you factor in the games played and ice time. Personally I think he is a solid 6th/7th guy at this point, but there is no way he is the worst guy in the league.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
That's why I said over half :)

So you would take him over Oduya who is playing a dominant shutdown role with Hammer this year?

What about the Rangers? You'd take him over Marc Staal??? Or MDZ?

There are some pretty average defensemen around the league that I would take over Regehr. The guy holds an entire shift back.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I think I could choose 4-5 defensemen from half the teams in the league, that I would take over Regehr.

Eichel 9

Jan 2, 2007
He certainly isn't the guy I remember seeing in Calgary, you'd think he was 35+ years old based on his play, not 32. Not the worst, but certainly not the player I was hoping for.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I think I could choose 4-5 defensemen from half the teams in the league, that I would take over Regehr.

Anaheim : Beauchemin, Lydman, Sbisa, Fowler, Souray
Boston : Chara, Boychuk, Seidenberg, Hamilton
Chicago : Keith, Seabrook, Hammer, Oduya
Detroit : Kronwall, Smith, Ericsson, Quincey, White
LA : Doughty, Voynov, Greene, Scuderi
Montreal : Subban, Gorges, Markov, Diaz
New Jersey : Larsson, Volchenkov, Zidlicky,Greene, Salvador, Tallinder
New York : McDonagh, Girardi, Staal, MDZ
Philly : Coburn, Timonen, Meszaros, Schenn, Grossman
Pho : Yandle, Morris, OEL, Zybnek
Pit : Orpik, Letang, Martin, Despres, Niskanen
SJ : Boyle, Vlasic, Burns, Murray, Stuart
Tampa : Hedman, Salo, Brewer, Carle, Aulie
Toronto : Phaneuf, Gunnarson, Gardiner, Liles
Van : Hamhuis, Edler, Bieksa, Garrison

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Corsi or no Corsi, Regher is a huge disappointment this season.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Corsi or no Corsi, Regher is a huge disappointment this season.

He doesn't fit... at all.

There is a reason his Corsi is awful, and he spends all his time in our end.
- He can't pinch... without that, our team can't establish anything offensively.
- He can't skate...
- He's not a good outlet passer

He's a pylon, He can block shots, and dominate the boards... he can prevent goals, but his lack of other abilities means he's always in our end and we are always defending when he is on the ice.

Sure, he's successful at it... defending our end... but good teams play on the other side of the rink

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY

I guess what I meant was 6 x 30 = 180 defenseman. I would take Regehr over at least 90 of those defenseman. And no I haven't poured over 180 defensemans stats to solidify beyond a shadow of a doubt my opinion.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I guess what I meant was 6 x 30 = 180 defenseman. I would take Regehr over at least 90 of those defenseman. And no I haven't poured over 180 defensemans stats to solidify beyond a shadow of a doubt my opinion.

it would be close :laugh:

Some people are holding on to the idea of Regehr, the way Joshjull held on to the idea of Rivet.

CupWanted

Memories of better days
Mar 4, 2008
from what I've seen this year Regehr should be battling Myers and Leo for the 5-7 pecking order.
The Sulzerhoff and Webkera are our two most reliable pairings.

Jeremy2020

Dec 27, 2005
Austin, TX

He obviously knew what your intent was and you'd be better off just ignoring him. He's intentionally misunderstanding.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad