Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Nothing has changed. At all. I haven't gone anywhere.

You are being hysterical. Your takes on this are as bad as hockey. And oddly enough you seem to follow me everywhere on this board. I feel special.

What's the death toll here in the States after 3+ months of the virus being in the nation? 3-4 months, at least and where are we? How many people under 60 have died? 10? 3? 0? Christ almighty there are entire states that don't have a single reported cases. Many with very small totals.

Viruses like this cannot survive in warmer temps. Period. And we're coming up on spring.

Like I said. Hysterics. That's why you see people hoarding liquor, and f***ing toilet paper. Price gouging supplies some people actually need.

But go on ahead and buy everything a government (and others for that matter) that allows millions to rot in the streets homeless, is selling.

I'm content going to work, going home and tuning out the bulk of this BS.

Like I said. Haven't been sick in about 3 years, to coincide starting to regularly smoke/eat pot. Haven't gotten a flu shot in years and haven't had the flu in a decade and a half.

People suck and are totally programmed to buy BS. This is just another chapter.
True, they can't survive in warmer temperatures of like 140 degrees.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Kind of, I think?

"Splatoon 2 does have a local multiplayer for those wanting to play with friends. However, the one catch is you cannot take your friends with you locally online.

...There is no split screen available in Splatoon 2, so you can only game with other people if they own a Switch and a copy of the game."

I guess the answer is "no" for your situation?

Bah that sucks. It sounded like fun.

My daughter wants to get the Olympic Games so I guess we will just get that - thx.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Florida has one of the most rapidly growing caseloads of COVID-19, including a bunch in Tampa. Tampa has been regularly hitting mid -80's F over the last month. I was there last week, it was miserably hot inland.
I know, the point was that viruses are destroyed at temperatures that occur nowhere in the world.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Definitely the best five or so years of my life. Too damn bad you'll never know the glory of Sunnyside!

Lots of H.S. friends went there when drinking age was still 18 (not that it mattered). Those few that made it past the first year (or even semester) were happy to get through with a 2.0. But they all had a lot more fun than I had at a small, Uber-competitive liberal arts college.

Our grocery store in S.C. just now catching up with the rest of the world and shelves are kind of bare. I’m still going to work every day, but I assume I’ll be directed to work from home pretty soon.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I get being annoyed with people who don’t like the measures taken for superficial i.e. entertainment reasons, but for now it’s pretty valid for some to be miffed or uneasy about the entire world economy grinding to a halt because of this particular virus right now. People are losing necessary income and many businesses are going under if this lasts much longer. We’ll be able to evaluate whether or not the steps taken were too drastic in hindsight, but I don’t blame some people for questioning whether this is worth it.

This coming from somebody who would love to get paid leave from work right now and be quarantined :laugh:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Basically looking for a 3-4 multiplayer game all of us can play... that isn’t ultra violent.

Trying a demo of Mario and Sonic Olympics now...
Mario games are mostly good, especially for family. Party, kart, and tennis are all good. I haven't played Olympics but I hear it's solid.

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
And yet the death toll remains ridiculously low compared to other pandemics. Has anyone, without underlying conditions, died under the age of 60 in the States? I'd be willing the bet the overwhelming majority of deaths worldwide, at least in developed countries are elderly.

Their time to go huh.

I'm not elderly (54) but have heart failure. If I get this I'll need a ventilator right away. Deaths are coming.

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
There’s nothing courageous about letting yourself get duped by an 85-IQ recruiter into fighting someone else’s war.

I fully disagree with the poster you’re responding to, but this isn’t it either.

Those kids risk everything for little in return. Doesn’t mean they’re gods or anything but I do think it takes some balls.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Florida has one of the most rapidly growing caseloads of COVID-19, including a bunch in Tampa. Tampa has been regularly hitting mid -80's F over the last month. I was there last week, it was miserably hot inland.

My buddy (lives outside of Tampa) said bars are still open and people are congregating like nothings wrong. Prob gonna get worse there.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I get being annoyed with people who don’t like the measures taken for superficial i.e. entertainment reasons, but for now it’s pretty valid for some to be miffed or uneasy about the entire world economy grinding to a halt because of this particular virus right now. People are losing necessary income and many businesses are going under if this lasts much longer. We’ll be able to evaluate whether or not the steps taken were too drastic in hindsight, but I don’t blame some people for questioning whether this is worth it.

This coming from somebody who would love to get paid leave from work right now and be quarantined :laugh:

I'm with you, man. The rampup in quarantine/distancing measures has a finite shelf life as unemployment skyrockets. Patience is going to run pretty thin in even 2-3 weeks as the younger people lose their jobs to protect the elderly. They may get a couple thousand bucks from the government to tide them over, sure, but they'll still be out of work once we get to the other side of this thing. And paranoia around human contact is going to permeate our civil society for years to come.

Ethicists are going to debate the question of the virus or the "social immune system" response to this in a few years. It's a close debate.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I'm with you, man. The rampup in quarantine/distancing measures has a finite shelf life as unemployment skyrockets. Patience is going to run pretty thin in even 2-3 weeks as the younger people lose their jobs to protect the elderly. They may get a couple thousand bucks from the government to tide them over, sure, but they'll still be out of work once we get to the other side of this thing. And paranoia around human contact is going to permeate our civil society for years to come.

Ethicists are going to debate the question of the virus or the "social immune system" response to this in a few years. It's a close debate.

I think everyone needs to look at Italy and wonder whether they wish they had done more, sooner.

The U.S., for a number of reasons, is playing catch-up right now.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I get the concerns about the economy and money, but I strongly feel you need to prioritize human life. Preventing deaths and preserving health should be the number one priority.

While people may not be saying "I don't care about others' health and you should give me money" certain posts sure seemed, to me, like they were saying "kill the weak".

I think that's why I was getting so ornery with @Ryder71 last night. Ryder's concerns are valid, but I was feeling they were misplaced/prioritized terribly.

But who knows. I think I've lost faith in humanity.

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Definitely the best five or so years of my life. Too damn bad you'll never know the glory of Sunnyside!

I'll never know the glory of sunnyside? I'm a townie, man. Born and raised. I was at the last block party in '94. Most fun I've ever had across the street from a shooting.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

This perception that it is only effecting the elderly makes no sense.

It can put 30-50 year olds in the hospital for a month. How is that effecting someone’s financial system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad