OT: Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007

This is the exact thing I was talking about this morning. This tweet is leaving out context (these are potential numbers if no mitigation actions are performed) is solely trying to get clicks and scare people. It's absolutely bullshit.

It looks like someone paraphrased a quote is what it looks like. There is no information in that at all.

---

My experience from just getting back from the grocer:

Uncomfortable amount of shoppers. It's like I'm in a NYC store on a weekday during tourist season.

Hot pockets, Ellio's pizza's and other frozen pizza's, all gone. Soups were hurting, I'd say 30% remain.
Paper stuffs kind of light - TP and things about 30%
Meat fine. Chicken a little low.
Frozen fish kind of obliterated... 5%

Lots of milk lots of eggs lots of loaves of bread.
Overall wasn't really bad, just a lot of people.

Not really pertaining to anything important, but I'll share. I was in line with like 15 people in line close by, kind of annoying, but this one guy kept smokers coughing or whatever the hell he had, so I turned around and looked at him and he did it again and just coughed open mouth in front of him dispersing all his phlegm goblins upon the nearby people to breath in... and I said, condescendingly, "gross, cover your mouth" and in a low gravel tone turned to look at me and said '**** off'.

That is exactly why we are where we are. Disgusting people being disgusting in public and nobody having the balls to tell these people they are disgusting. When the president has to tell people to wash their hands on national television... you know we're screwed. This over tolerance of everything culture today is going to rip everything apart.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Pffft. What does he know? I've never even heard of this John Hopkins guy. Any relation to Tony? [MOD]

Normally, I'll take what a physician says over a news report, but some of what this guy is saying is obviously sensationalistic stupidity. Comparing a respiratory disease with a 1% mortality rate to Polio, which once killed 20% of the infected and crippled many of those it didn't kill, has to be among the dumber things I've seen said about this outbreak. Perhaps the absolute dumbest.

Additionally, according to his staff bio, this guy's medical specialty is in "holistic" approaches to managing gut bacteria. I don't see how this would qualify him to comment on the infection rates of a global respiratory viral pathogen at all, let alone to stand out on a limb making such bold statements.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Lol what a moron. Chet.

tenor.gif

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Pffft. What does he know? I've never even heard of this John Hopkins guy. Any relation to Tony? In any case the FB group I was just reading had a guy who went to the School of Hard Knocks and he said this is all just fake news in order to distract from all the gay frogs Planned Parenthood clones in the Obama's basement. And his profile picture had like ten American flags jammed into it. So Imma go with him since he seems like a pretty straight shooter and a patriot. My gut says he knows what's what.
Stephen Colbert has asked me to tell you to stop stealing hack material from his writing staff. Thank you.

Reactions: Coastal Kev

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
Is it me or does anyone else feel like the media is putting a negative spin on stuff relating to COVID-19 to almost scare people? Idk, I've just been noticing stuff like this a lot recently, where they always mention a worse case scenario but never a best case scenario.

With that Saskatchewan vaccine case, they mentioned it could take as long as a year to get the vaccine tested and approved, but they never mentioned how short it could take. I've heard that the disease could impact up to 70%-80% of the population, but nothing on the low end. I've heard that the bad cases are really bad, but I've had to dig to find reports of people who only had symptoms on par with a strong cold. It just seems dishonest to me to paint everything in the worst light, it's scaring the shit out of a lot of people.

Fear sells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad