Refs/Oilers clown-out another loss.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
This isn't bantam house were everyone gets equal play. Sit the damn passengers and send a message. Quit pointing out the obvious.

He needs to just keep sending a list to Chia of guys that aren't willing to bring it and ask for them to be moved on. It's getting really old.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
The whole second line was **** because Benoit Pouliot is just not a centre. Eberle has never been able to carry a line by himself and neither has Yakupov - that's not the kind of player either of them are (although really, Yakupov should be, sometimes we don't get nice things). Eberle is one of the best complementary players in the league. Give him someone who can drive the driver's seat (Hall) and he usually complies.

McDavid being back at least gives one of the two of those guys a legit NHL centre.

McDavid won't give them balls

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
haha yup... we are that pathetic.
I guess we can just watch our shiny new toy rest of the year now.

Chia did nothing to fix the D... pretty much pissed away the season..

Lol? Sekera and Reinhart are nothing? It takes time to fix a decade of utterly inept management. There are only a limited number of decent options that become available in a given year. Also do you know how much cap space is tied up in useless pylons that MacT.signed?

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Hall blames injuries and tough schedule..

Not my captain!

Still not an excuse for many guys every night mailing it in. Hall isn't one of them, but he has to realize the team doesn't bring it every night, and listing excuses isn't going to make anyone play harder.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Justin Schultz's high end was an Erik Karlsson style #2 dman
His low end was a Marc Andre Bergeron style #5 dman

Never question the Oilers and their ever achieving search to find rock bottom
I wish Schultz was as good as Marc Andre Bergeron. At least he had a big shot from the point. Schultz literally brings nothing to this team. On top of that he doesn't ever look like losing or playing awful ever bothers him. How much do you need to suck when fans would rather have a guy that cost the team a Stanley Cup and was driven out of town than you?

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Still not an excuse for many guys every night mailing it in. Hall isn't one of them, but he has to realize the team doesn't bring it every night, and listing excuses isn't going to make anyone play harder.

Guys like Eberle and Schultz don't care though. Eberle clearly has mailed it in with his pathetic effort tonight. It annoys me when I see guys like Hall, Drai, and a newcomer in Kassian try to actually win while Eberle and Schultz get on the ice, skate around, and get back to the bench. Rinse and repeat.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I wish Schultz was as good as Marc Andre Bergeron. At least he had a big shot from the point. Schultz literally brings nothing to this team. On top of that he doesn't ever look like losing or playing awful ever bothers him. How much do you need to suck when fans would rather have a guy that cost the team a Stanley Cup and was driven out of town than you?

Yup, Schultz is always smiling and hanging this mouthpiece out giving it a chew with a grin. Reminds me of Gags. Although Gags would sometimes show some anger after watching the puck go in our net after he blatantly missed 1 or more defensive assignments (not that he actually realized he missed assignments, the anger is just that we were scored on).

Some players just get comfortable with losing. Shame on Kevin Lowe for allowing that culture to flourish during his time as POHO, but the damage is done to these players now, there's no turning back time. The situation can't be salvaged, you have to just move forward and get rid of players that are never going to help you be a championship team.

ekcut

The Refs shot JFK.
Jul 25, 2007
Edmonton
Draisatl scored a nice goal. Then proceeded to turn the puck over at will. Hall did his usual skate into 4 defenders and lose the puck.

That game was completely worth the $200 I spent and the four hour drive from Calgary.

4hrs? Next time use the $200 to buy a different car!

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Love how TMac said the passengers let this team down tonight

Let's see.. Eberle, Pouliot, Schultz... the usual suspects. And yet we still have morons in the media talking about pairing up McDavid and Eberle, anticipating some miraculous turnaround as a result and thus further convincing management that keeping soft, perimeter players around because of their skill is a good thing. Nurse looked awful, as he has been trending downwards for a while; he reminds me of Hall at times -- great physical tools, not so great IQ on the ice. As critical as I've been of the price paid for Reinhart, give the kid credit. He played a very solid game tonight, and looked like a solid NHL D man. It remains to be seen if he can bring this consistently.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Lol? Sekera and Reinhart are nothing? It takes time to fix a decade of utterly inept management. There are only a limited number of decent options that become available in a given year. Also do you know how much cap space is tied up in useless pylons that MacT.signed?

And how is it any better than last season?
Petry Out Sekera In
Marincin Out Reinhart In

I know how everyone here is addicted to 1st round picks but he couldve traded the pick a month ago for a Hamonic\Byfuglien\Yandle to improve the team.
Connauton\Gormley went through waviers while he knew Klefbom will be out with lower body injury long term but he chose to hang onto Brad friggin Hunt.

pretty much game\set\match when it comes to playoffs.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Let's see.. Eberle, Pouliot, Schultz... the usual suspects. And yet we still have morons in the media talking about pairing up McDavid and Eberle, anticipating some miraculous turnaround as a result and thus further convincing management that keeping soft, perimeter players around because of their skill is a good thing. Nurse looked awful, as he has been trending downwards for a while; he reminds me of Hall at times -- great physical tools, not so great IQ on the ice. As critical as I've been of the price paid for Reinhart, give the kid credit. He played a very solid game tonight, and looked like a solid NHL D man. It remains to be seen if he can bring this consistently.

Nurse started trending downwards once Klefbom got injured. Having a raw rookie play more minutes then he can actually handle with the worst d man in the league aka Schultz isn't gonna do Nurse any wonders. Nurse played relatively well with Sekera from what I can recall.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

Nurse so badly needs to be paired with a real capable NHL d-man. His development is going to stall and reverse if he has to keep playing with a guy like Schultz. Really sucks we have to keep playing him in these situations.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Generally speaking, NHL teams cannot win hockey games unless someone can shoot from the point. I watched the 2nd and 3rd, and I don't think I saw one Oiler (D or otherwise) get a single shot on net from the point. This includes the embarrassing "power"-play late in the 2nd, when the team failed to get possession in the Pred's zone for two minutes.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Nurse so badly needs to be paired with a real capable NHL d-man. His development is going to stall and reverse if he has to keep playing with a guy like Schultz. Really sucks we have to keep playing him in these situations.

Yep. Part of the reason Nashville keeps churning out elite dman after elite dman is the fact that they have so much veteran support. Unless you're a borderline generational player, you're gonna need veteran support to reach your full potential. There are exceptions but they're rare.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
I'll agree that Nurse is way in over his head, and should not be put into this kind of workload. Still, I am beginning to see the criticism I saw from some scouts in his draft year. Great physical tools, but his decision making leaves much to be desired at times. Bad pinches and reads, overhandling the puck and thus compounding and complicating the situation when the simple, quick, efficient play will suffice.. but yes, he should not be paired with a black hole like Schultz.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad