Refs/Oilers clown-out another loss.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Put Eberle with McDavid for the rest of the year to up his trade value. I love his dangles and nice goals as much as the next person, but I'd much rather have a heavier team that competes every night and scores a little less than watching him go through stretches where he's actually less useful than us playing short handed would be. If we had more heavy guys who compete then by all means he could stay, but we don't so Sayonara Eberle.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
I missed this game and looks like i didnt miss a thing

by the time this playoff drought ends, i will have been married and be putting my children into college.

When it started i was in the year i dropped out of college. I am now married and will probably having kids in the next couple years.

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
Bingo. Its not like guys like Lander will produce. Another consecutive game where Lander is completely irrelevant.

I find it hard to believe that in 48 games, Anton Lander has 2 points. With that much time. You'd figure a goal or two would've at least tipped off his ass and into the net by now.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I find it hard to believe that in 48 games, Anton Lander has 2 points. With that much time. You'd figure a goal or two would've at least tipped off his ass and into the net by now.

Even Gazdic has a goal. It's unbelievable how Lander is neutralizing himself out there. And he looked so confident in the last half of last season.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

Especially having a strong finish under Nelson and a pretty good preseason overall, I expected way more than 2 mere assists. I'm hugely disappointed in him since I rooted for him.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory

It is by far the saddest story on this team. I was personally pulling for this guy, but wtf happened to him? I just... I can't understand it. He looked like he was rounding into form at the end of last season, and while pre-season is pre-season against non-NHL lineups and hopefuls, he was looking like he picked up where he left off. And now.. like what the hell, Anton... what the hell happened to you? It's a really sad deterioration and regression in a player that I personally was rooting for.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
It is by far the saddest story on this team. I was personally pulling for this guy, but wtf happened to him? I just... I can't understand it. He looked like he was rounding into form at the end of last season, and while pre-season is pre-season against non-NHL lineups and hopefuls, he was looking like he picked up where he left off. And now.. like what the hell, Anton... what the hell happened to you? It's a really sad deterioration and regression in a player that I personally was rooting for.

He seems to have suffered a severe case of Oileritis. Unfortunately its incurable and fatal.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
Draisatl scored a nice goal. Then proceeded to turn the puck over at will. Hall did his usual skate into 4 defenders and lose the puck.

That game was completely worth the $200 I spent and the four hour drive from Calgary.

The last time an Oilers game was worth $200 was maybe the 2006 Cup finals games. Other than that, ummm...no. People need to figure that out. Value for the $$$ is not there and hasn't been for a long, long time. Why do people waste their money? I don't get it.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Send a message. Promote Gazdic, Hendricks, Pakman, Kassian, guys who give a damn.

Can't stand losers like Pouliot, Eberle, and Schultz.

Gazdic can hardly skate and breathe at the same time. Hendricks is wearing an A. Pakarinen has spent time on the top line lately and Kassian is only a couple of weeks removed from his career basically being over.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
The last time an Oilers game was worth $200 was maybe the 2006 Cup finals games. Other than that, ummm...no. People need to figure that out. Value for the $$$ is not there and hasn't been for a long, long time. Why do people waste their money? I don't get it.

Because it's fun when they win.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
That game was completely worth the $200 I spent and the four hour drive from Calgary.
Haha ... wait, really, OMG you have to be kidding me. GK, the guy who never has anything positive to say about the Oilers spent $200 of his hard earned (presumably) money on Oiler tickets! :amazed: And then drove from Calgary to watch the game. :amazed: And picked a Preds game. :laugh: That's the best laugh I had all day man. Thanks.

Oh, and thanks to Asuno for posting up the fancy little chart. I see Weber's name down there at the bottom. How bad does that guy suck, eh?

MPStoEberletoHall*

Send a message. Promote Gazdic, Hendricks, Pakman, Kassian, guys who give a damn.

Can't stand losers like Pouliot, Eberle, and Schultz.
Gazdic is a guy who should never touch the NHL ice again. He's a 4th line player who literally brings nothing to the game. Never hits, doesn't fight, can't handle a puck, not a great skater, and is absolutely lost in the defensive zone.

I like him as a person. He's absolutely useless to this team though.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Promote Gazdic?? GAZDIC?! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yes, I'm aware Gazdic sucks, but that's the point. Skill doesn't mean jack when you don't put in the effort.

Playoffs are a dream now, but at least play with some pride.

Oct 15, 2008
Nurse has really been struggling the last 5-10 games here.

In way too far over his head and it's starting to look like it won't just be a problem that goes away on it's own.

Also I appreciate that Kassian cares but you can't be pushing officals like that. If the league is having a bad day that can be a pretty big suspension.

They are Shultzing Nurse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad