Refs/Oilers clown-out another loss.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
CONGRATULATIONS OILERS FANS, you have survived the period of drudgery and laziness of the McDavidless Oilers. In our next game, we will have Klefbom (HOPEFULLY) and McDavid back and somewhat resemble a real NHL team.

:handclap:

Until McDavid's spleen falls out of his body on a breakaway, and Klefbom gets the gout in the first intermission.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
No worries. The Oilers will trade off some players at the deadline for magic beans, get another top pick, sign a couple of mediocre players in free agency, and be ready to contend next season. Then after the first couple of games, they realize that they haven't addressed any of their needs in the offseason and are in fact garbage. Oh well, there is always next season!

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Griff played well, thought Sekera had a solid game. Hall played hard and showed and effort. Nice goal by Drai.

That's about all I've got for positives.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Justin Schultz's high end was an Erik Karlsson style #2 dman
His low end was a Marc Andre Bergeron style #5 dman

Never question the Oilers and their ever achieving search to find rock bottom

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I live in Japan so I have to make some effort to watch these games. I tried to watch the 2nd and 3rd period. Really, I did.

I couldn't. This was a snooze-fest full of unmotivated players with absolutely no idea of how to put any kind of pressure on the opposition.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
A lot of players on this team need to use the break to grow a set of nuts, man up, and get some pride.

Unfortunately a lot of them are just going to header out to a beach somewhere in Aruba... Drinking Pina Coladas and chase tail for the next week. Bunch of ****ing heroes the lot of them.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
...I guess?

Definitely would have helped if he could have done something on those grade a chances he had.

At least he was in the right place making the right reads to get those chances.

He also stepped up on guys nicely a few times tonight and played a solid game.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I just want to see our players trying out there. At the very least, put in an honest effort. Lots of guys need to move on still if we're ever going to get that on a nightly basis from even 95% of our players.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
And once more, guys, all we have to look forward to is the draft... again. Gotta love hearing Stauffer and the Oilers apologist network rationalize yet another loss away, talking about how he thinks McDavid will get Eberle going -- gee, do you think? He made Yakupov, whom I am also sick of frankly, look much better than he is.

This entire team deserves to be repeatedly punched in the face, from management on down through players and their media team. So damn sick of this garbage. :shakehead

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Good players tonight:
Hall, Draisaitl, Reinhart, and Kassian

Everybody else garbage.
Especially Eberle.

Pretty much this. Yak was okay. Letestu decent. Talbot wasn't the reason we lost. Pouliot and Eberle both need to test the arena popcorn for a game if we ever get sort of healthy.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
The refs didn't blow multiple assignments in the Oilers zone...

Well sure, I'm not pinning the loss on the refs only fyi, but it doesn't take a damn genius to recognize Hendricks not laying his stick on the ice yet for a faceoff, not calling offsides, and of course the penalties. Pouliot gets slashed and high stick by the preds with two refs staring right at it, and it gets no call.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Griff played well, thought Sekera had a solid game. Hall played hard and showed and effort. Nice goal by Drai.

That's about all I've got for positives.

Solid if compared to rest of the Oilers perhaps but pretty bad if we are talking about an average NHL team.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
The whole second line was **** because Benoit Pouliot is just not a centre. Eberle has never been able to carry a line by himself and neither has Yakupov - that's not the kind of player either of them are (although really, Yakupov should be, sometimes we don't get nice things). Eberle is one of the best complementary players in the league. Give him someone who can drive the driver's seat (Hall) and he usually complies.

McDavid being back at least gives one of the two of those guys a legit NHL centre.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Pretty much this. Yak was okay. Letestu decent. Talbot wasn't the reason we lost. Pouliot and Eberle both need to test the arena popcorn for a game if we ever get sort of healthy.

Eh, Talbot wasn't bad but was pretty clearly beat by Rinne tonight. Oilers had the higher quality chances tonight and Rinne stopped all of them. Surprised he wasn't first star, but I guess Ekholm getting a couple lucky bounces was good enough for CBC.

Saw characteristically nothing out of Nashville offensively. Guess that trade still only puts them up to 2 actual top 6 forwards now.

Games like this are the easiest the Oilers defensemen are going to get. Sad that Schultz still couldn't handle it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad