Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Duder is not a Copp.

dafeddc9-e102-44e9-b957-197c9bd6d430_text.gif

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
This dude has been legit. Thought he'd be another Copp/Nielsen type signing but he's so solid. Has some, hands, protects the puck well, and has the vision to make the right plays and make shit happen.
Why are you lumping Copp in with Nielsen? He's been solid his whole time here outside of the first few weeks of last season.

My guess is people who are disappointed with Copp think the Wings expected him to slot in as the clear cut 2C behind Larkin, which I don't think was ever the case. He and Compher are swiss army knife type guys who can play anywhere in the lineup and by all accounts are solid pros.

Nielsen was supposed fill in for Datsyuk on a six-year deal at age 32.

Last edited:

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Why are you lumping Copp in with Nielsen? He's been solid his whole time here outside of the first few weeks of last season.

My guess is people who are disappointed with Copp think the Wings expected him to slot in as the clear cut 2C behind Larkin, which I don't think was ever the case. He and Compher are swiss army knife type guys who can play anywhere in the lineup and by all accounts are solid pros.

Nielsen was supposed fill in for Datsyuk on a six-year deal at age 32.

add Weiss to the list of failed 2C signings too. We haven't had a good track record with these types of players so its nice for one to seemingly work out for once.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
My guess is people who are disappointed with Copp think the Wings expected him to slot in as the clear cut 2C behind Larkin, which I don't think was ever the case.
He was by default the 2C last season, and is still playing on the second line. We want to see him demoted to the third line where he belong. If Copp is playing in the top 6, it means the team doesn't have enough quality forwards. He does not have any puck skills.

The only reason why he's getting points right now is because of his line mates. 2 secondary assists by cycling the puck to Seider, 2 rebound goals, one deflection and EN. No primary assist, and has yet to beat a goalie with an actual shot.

Last edited:

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
He was by default the 2C last season, and is still playing on the second line. We want to see him demoted to the third line where he belong. If Copp is playing in the top 6, it means the team doesn't have enough quality forwards. He does not have any puck skills.

The only reason why's getting points right now is because of his line mates. 2 secondary assists by cycling the puck to Seider, 2 rebound goals, one deflection and EN. No primary assist, and has yet to beat a goalie with an actual shot.

Yes, but his look is extremely consistent. His face is the same whether he signs for 5X5.25, gets an ice cream cone, wins a faceoff or takes a bad penalty!

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Damn I love him at offensive role.

They just have to STOP THAT DAMN COPP-line madenss.

When Compher is set to play offence, he will create and produce. In a very high 2nd line center level.

When he is set to play defence only, we lose a great offensive player, and guy like Christian Fischer can do the same defensive shit with Copp, as we are wasting Compher for.

Let's use Comph for offence. It's a no-brainer.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I heard the announcer say that Compher highest scoring UFA from this summer, did i hear right? Doesn't really matter though, great signing by Stevie Y. One of the Best players on the team every night. Hopefully Fester keeps Copp away from Compher, he is so much better without him.

69 point pace

No, Debrincat is the highest scoring new UFA signing. But Compher is T-3 I think. Guys like Karlsson and ROR have 17 with their new teams.

Very happy with Compher so far. I’ve been most impressed by his IQ. Guy knows where to be with and without the puck, defensively and offensively. He’s got underrated hands too, softer than advertised. Glad he’s ours now.

Reactions: Sentinel

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, OK Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
No, Debrincat is the highest scoring new UFA signing. But Compher is T-3 I think. Guys like Karlsson and ROR have 17 with their new teams.

Very happy with Compher so far. I’ve been most impressed by his IQ. Guy knows where to be with and without the puck, defensively and offensively. He’s got underrated hands too, softer than advertised. Glad he’s ours now.
Debrincat wasn't a UFA signing he was acquired in a trade.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I obviously dont think hes gonna keep scoring at this pace, but hes not exactly getting a bunch of lucky points either. Hes a good zone entry guy on the PP and just makes smart safe plays. Really solid defensively too.

I think he could pretty easily hit 65 points this year

Reactions: Sentinel and 13to40

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Oh lol I’m high good point. That list must’ve just been for new acquisitions period.
You're still right about ROR though. Remember he's the UFA that a lot of people here wanted, especially because he's played with Perron before.

JT was a good signing regardless. He's got some puck skills and hockey IQ, that pass to DBoss in the Boston game was sick. I think I need to post it, lol. Here you go:

Waaay more skill and hockey IQ than Copp. Both of Copp's assists were from cycling the puck back to the D.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
We'll have to see how the season plays out but he has waaaaayyy better offensive instincts than Copp. Nothing really elite about him but he has above average passing and shooting ability, and being a righty is a huge deal on this team. I would like to see a bit better average at the dot from him, but overall really impressed by his play.

This UFA crop is actually giving me some confidence in our pro-scouting team. We haven't really had a bit hit there since the Rafalski/ Stuart days. Some decent lower pair/ lower line guys, but we've been trying to land a #2 center for the better part of a decade.

Reactions: Sentinel

mikerooooose

Nov 7, 2009
Michigan
This contract makes me wish Copp's contract was under 3 million. Haha.

Copp isn't as confident or capable with the puck on his stick.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Ever since he has been put on PP1, we have had a small resurgence in power play conversions.

That FO% really really helps and that's why I wanted/got excited when we got him. Was not prepared for his calm presence with the puck and decision making tbh. He is like an elevated, center version of the only good things that perron brings.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
This contract makes me wish Copp's contract was under 3 million. Haha.

Copp isn't as confident or capable with the puck on his stick.
That's what I said last season, and everyone bitched at me. I would actually like Copp if his contract was around $3.5M, and he played 3C.

Ever since he has been put on PP1, we have had a small resurgence in power play conversions.
The team needed to change it up a bit. Now if Lalonde/Alex can swap back and forth to keep the other teams guessing, then we might have something. Debrincat is too good not to be on PP1.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I always had the feeling this was one of those signings we'll look back on and be like yep that was one of the pieces.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad