Confirmed with Link: Red Wings Shut Down - COVID Protocol (Gagner, Suter, Veleno, Weintraub added to protocol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
I don’t agree with his stand whatsoever, but there has been nothing that has happened since the vaccine mandate that would cause him to re think his opinion. All of his teammates who were vaccinated have come down with it, and the NHL has shut down in spite of every player being vaccinated sans one-Bertuzzi.
Have any of these players actually "come down with it", though? They keep adding people to the quarantine protocols only to remove them a week later. At this point it looks like they're playing musical chairs.

TheClap

Jul 20, 2014
I don’t agree with his stand whatsoever, but there has been nothing that has happened since the vaccine mandate that would cause him to re think his opinion. All of his teammates who were vaccinated have come down with it, and the NHL has shut down in spite of every player being vaccinated sans one-Bertuzzi.

Technically Jason Archibald is also unvaccinated... But he also developed myocarditis from his covid infection prior to the season starting and is out the entire year.

better Red than Dead

Apr 23, 2021
Have any of these players actually "come down with it", though? They keep adding people to the quarantine protocols only to remove them a week later. At this point it looks like they're playing musical chairs.
No they haven’t. I guess my post was a passive complaint for the way the NHL, and the sports world in general, has handled Covid. Players were told to get the vaccine and life would return to normal and they all complied, they even got the boosters, and yet we are having league shutdowns still for players who are showing zero symptoms and fully vaccinated. Not to mention world class athletes who are mostly under 30, which makes their risk even lower.

pz29

Jun 18, 2015
Are you surprised? Players who feel OK want to keep playing. These guys used to get brain injuries and hop back on the ice.
Brain injuries do not infect others. And even if you do not have symptoms, you can still infect others. Hope this is not too "political."

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Brain injuries do not infect others. And even if you do not have symptoms, you can still infect others. Hope this is not too "political."

I hear you. And that's a good point. I just don't find it all that surprising that guys who play through all sorts of injuries are willing to play through this as well. It's in their DNA as competitors and the financial incentive, especially if you're a fringe guy, to stay on the ice is pretty big, too.

Where it gets "political" for some folks is if we as a society (and the NHL) should just give up trying precautionary measures. Some see it as the common cold 2.0. Others see larger consequences and risks. Luckily people can debate that until they are blue in the gills in the HFBoards COVID forum.
COVID 19 - The Coronavirus Outbreak

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Happy new year everyone. Hope we get better team next season and brighter future

Last edited by a moderator:

pz29

Jun 18, 2015
I hear you. And that's a good point. I just don't find it all that surprising that guys who play through all sorts of injuries are willing to play through this as well. It's in their DNA as competitors and the financial incentive, especially if you're a fringe guy, to stay on the ice is pretty big, too.

Where it gets "political" for some folks is if we as a society (and the NHL) should just give up trying precautionary measures. Some see it as the common cold 2.0. Others see larger consequences and risks. Luckily people can debate that until they are blue in the gills in the HFBoards COVID forum.
COVID 19 - The Coronavirus Outbreak

Got it. However, those who see it as a common cold 2.0 are wrong because a common cold does not kill you in 72 hours. 3 of my acquaintances (two of them close friends) have died in less than 3 days after catching it. Granted, one had a shot immune system because of a previous cancer, but still..

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
If they aren't playing games now, it means he'll get more games in later.

Not sure that's rest but I get what you are saying. His recovery will be completed on schedule and, with games delayed, he'll get more in this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad