Confirmed with Link: Red Wings Shut Down - COVID Protocol (Gagner, Suter, Veleno, Weintraub added to protocol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
How are all these teams going to get their 82 games in this season? Especially with the Olympics shutdown which most likely won't happen. Will they not give players the rest, but instead have them make up games?

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
How are all these teams going to get their 82 games in this season? Especially with the Olympics shutdown which most likely won't happen. Will they not give players the rest, but instead have them make up games?
I don't think the arenas are available

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I think game cancellations benefit the Wings, they'll have Vrana back for more games if the season is extended for makeup games. I know a lot of people don't want a one and done wildcard spot, but I think it benefits the team morale and will help attract UFAs. This team needs to replace Staal, DDK, Rowney, and Gagner. Greiss, Names, and Leddy might also leave. It's easier to attract talent with a winning team....

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
This sucks.

I think we all know the NHL isn't going to the Olympics this year. I anticipate that if we restart, we'll be making these games up then, somehow.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Just give the whole league a week off. Everybody is going to be watching the make up football games anyway.

Agreed. At this point, I think the best thing to do is shut the entire league down for a week or so and re-evaluate on 12/26.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Agreed. At this point, I think the best thing to do is shut the entire league down for a week or so and re-evaluate on 12/26.
SHL dealt with this all of last season without a league-wide shutdown. Not sure why NHL should shut down teams with no/minimal Covid cases.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

They'll just play longer.

Hope there would be COVID-21 protocol, because the virus isn't anymore the same when they created COVID-19 protocol.

Seems to be we lose Minnesota game at december 23rd.

Rangers would be at 27th, after christmas holidays.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Not sure why but the first thought I had was at least Ray Ray gets a break. But every time I think the schedule is catching up to him he gets a multi-point game so what do I know?

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
The NHLPA should right now make it clear that NHL players will not go to China. Too much of a risk and if players get COVID there we have major issues.
They announced No Olympics ~ 2 hrs. ago.l, read it earlier, google if you need the link...

EDIT: apparently not "official" yet, but a foregone conclusion...misleading headline earlier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad