GDT: Red Wings @ Sabres 7 PM EST TV:MSG Radio:WGR550 - Playoff Push Restarts HERE

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
who the hell cares what the metrics say he's a decent bottom 6er imo. I'm more worried that we still have Bryson in the lineup constantly.
We need a defensive center who can win draws and PK in the bottom 6. He’s not that. It would be even better if we could have a two way bottom 6 center on top of that. Someone we could use for occasional match ups. He's not that either.

Krebs has struggled to find an identity as a player. For a stretch in the 2nd half of last season he was a rat/agitator playing well with Girgs/Okposo. But we haven’t seen much of that since then. Which is fine, but its the only time he was consistently effective as a Sabre.

Where does he fit? Whats his role going forward?

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
who the hell cares what the metrics say he's a decent bottom 6er imo. I'm more worried that we still have Bryson in the lineup constantly.
Hard disagree on Krebs. There's just nothing there and the dude can't produce in this league. He's not what they need to take a step forward next year. We need a big boy line that can give you quality defensive minutes and still put some pucks in. I'd much rather build a bottom 6 around Greenway, Benson even Girgs types that play a relentless/high IQ style that is difficult to play against.

Krebs struggles to possess the puck and make smart plays that lead to production and doesn't have the physical attributes to make up for his shortcomings. He's basically a guy that can pass the puck pretty well and not much else. I'm not saying they should drop him for nothing but they cannot go into next season with him penciled into anything more than a 4th line role at this point. He HAS to force their hand for anything more than that, and he's miles away from doing that.

Lastly, Bryson has been extremely solid for a long stretch here. He absolutely deserves the third pairing minutes he is getting right now. I understand he was bad last year, we all saw it. But he was good the year prior and has been even better this year. Perhaps they still have something with him. He can be our Matt Grzelcyk or Chad Ruhwedel type that will never cost a ton and can provide good depth. It also helps that his teammates seem to love him. I have no problem with him being in their future plans as a 6-8 guy. The difference between him and Krebs is that Peyton has never played well, while Bryson has some good NHL play in his career.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Hard disagree on Krebs. There's just nothing there and the dude can't produce in this league. He's not what they need to take a step forward next year. We need a big boy line that can give you quality defensive minutes and still put some pucks in. I'd much rather build a bottom 6 around Greenway, Benson even Girgs types that play a relentless/high IQ style that is difficult to play against.

Krebs struggles to possess the puck and make smart plays that lead to production and doesn't have the physical attributes to make up for his shortcomings. He's basically a guy that can pass the puck pretty well and not much else. I'm not saying they should drop him for nothing but they cannot go into next season with him penciled into anything more than a 4th line role at this point. He HAS to force their hand for anything more than that, and he's miles away from doing that.

Lastly, Bryson has been extremely solid for a long stretch here. He absolutely deserves the third pairing minutes he is getting right now. I understand he was bad last year, we all saw it. But he was good the year prior and has been even better this year. Perhaps they still have something with him. He can be our Matt Grzelcyk or Chad Ruhwedel type that will never cost a ton and can provide good depth. It also helps that his teammates seem to love him. I have no problem with him being in their future plans as a 6-8 guy. The difference between him and Krebs is that Peyton has never played well, while Bryson has some good NHL play in his career.
Its absolutely amazing people can overlook Bryson just because we happened to win with him the lineup when he's constantly gives the puck away every night and can't do anything of note but chastise Krebs all the time who actually will bring some fight in the lineup. I know Krebs isn't the smartest player player in the lineup but he isn't as useless as some people paint him to be.

Panthaz89

Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
We need a defensive center who can win draws and PK in the bottom 6. He’s not that. It would be even better if we could have a two way bottom 6 center on top of that. Someone we could use for occasional match ups. He's not that either.

Krebs has struggled to find an identity as a player. For a stretch in the 2nd half of last season he was a rat/agitator playing well with Girgs/Okposo. But we haven’t seen much of that since then. Which is fine, but its the only time he was consistently effective as a Sabre.

Cool if we can find someone better in FA sure....if we are lucky and a contender who is actually 3 deep at center is willing to give away sure. I wouldn't really be bothered much about Krebs being in a bottom 6 role next year when we will probably have a couple of the guys coming up with real skill to play with.

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
Its absolutely amazing people can overlook Bryson just because we happened to win with him the lineup when he's constantly gives the puck away every night and can't do anything of note but chastise Krebs all the time who actually will bring some fight in the lineup.
Are you telling me Bryson has struggled this year? My comments have NOTHING to do with our W/L record with him. He's been very solid defensively and solidified a third pairing with a struggling Connor Clifton. I think he fits this system far better than the others they've tried there (i.e. Erik Johnson).

Could be be improved up? Yes, absolutely. But as of right now he's more polished than Ryan Johnson and deserves to be playing. He still lacks the offensive awareness that you'd like from a skater like him, but his defensive game and zone exit ability has really helped the team this season.

By all accounts, Adams is still trying to add to his d-core as recently as post-Byram trade. That tells me that Bryson is likely not in their future plans, at least not at anything over a #8 guy. But to objectively look at his game this year and say he's giving the puck away every night is simply untrue.

I just need to better understand what you're seeing in Krebs to make you think he's ready to be a 3C. Please sell me on that.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I don't think that mucking it up and then laughing as guys push him around is the kind of "fight" that the team really needs. It's something, but the team needs smart, simple, and physical play on the forecheck that eventually goes to the net for ugly chances. Krebs doesn't do any of that.

Krebs gets all kinds of slack for "playing with slugs". Most of which were Girgs and Okposo who aren't actually slugs, and were outproducing Krebs for the first couple months of the season. Mittelstadt played with slugs last year in Asplund and Olofsson, and he still produced and earned his time higher in the line-up. Krebs has been given a 3C role simply because the front office decided they wouldn't pay the better player. The only slack Krebs deserves is that he still has a year or so to develop into a better player. As of yet, he's shown little to expect much more, regardless of linemates.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Its absolutely amazing people can overlook Bryson just because we happened to win with him the lineup when he's constantly gives the puck away every night and can't do anything of note but chastise Krebs all the time who actually will bring some fight in the lineup. I know Krebs isn't the smartest player player in the lineup but he isn't as useless as some people paint him to be.

He been decent for the most part this year...

I don't think that mucking it up and then laughing as guys push him around is the kind of "fight" that the team really needs. It's something, but the team needs smart, simple, and physical play on the forecheck that eventually goes to the net for ugly chances. Krebs doesn't do any of that.

Krebs gets all kinds of slack for "playing with slugs". Most of which were Girgs and Okposo who aren't actually slugs, and were outproducing Krebs for the first couple months of the season. Mittelstadt played with slugs last year in Asplund and Olofsson, and he still produced and earned his time higher in the line-up. Krebs has been given a 3C role simply because the front office decided they wouldn't pay the better player. The only slack Krebs deserves is that he still has a year or so to develop into a better player. As of yet, he's shown little to expect much more, regardless of linemates.

He has to succeed.. he is part of the Eichel trade.

This is the thinking of management and good portion of fan base

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

If this was a post from last year, I would agree. But for this season, Bryson hasn't been a bad player since coming back from Rochester. As their 7/8, he's fine.

Reactions: tsujimoto74

Panthaz89

Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
If this was a post from last year, I would agree. But for this season, Bryson hasn't been a bad player since coming back from Rochester. As their 7/8, he's fine.
Not really pretty much every game I've seen him turn the puck over multiple times due to getting bullied because of his size or straight up losing the puck we are just lucky its not ending up in the net often off them. The longer we keep him in the lineup I know its going to bite us eventually.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
He been decent for the most part this year...

He has to succeed.. he is part of the Eichel trade.

This is the thinking of management and good portion of fan base
Firstly, I was a full Krebs believer long before he was traded to us. I wanted him over Cozens in 2019.

Secondly, more importantly, I've heard this before. "Every Sabres fan, including me, circa summer 2021": "The Sabres won't move Thompson away!!! The Pegulas won't admit the OReilly deal was awful!!!" and then....yeah....

I'm willing to be patient.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm a Bryson hater, and the fact that he's played better since his call-up makes me afraid they will re-sign him as the 7th guy next season.

I don't want them to QO him. If he's back, he's back. As an 8 like this year, he's been okay but I agree that there might be more cheese down a different hole with another player next year.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Firstly, I was a full Krebs believer long before he was traded to us. I wanted him over Cozens in 2019.

Secondly, more importantly, I've heard this before. "Every Sabres fan, including me, circa summer 2021": "The Sabres won't move Thompson away!!! The Pegulas won't admit the OReilly deal was awful!!!" and then....yeah....

I'm willing to be patient.

I mean.. I didn't accuse you.

Second.. it is fine to be patient. He can be patient in the AHL ...

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I mean.. I didn't accuse you.

Second.. it is fine to be patient. He can be patient in the AHL ...
Sorry, I didn't mean it that way.

It was mainly to say that my crush on Krebs isn't tied to the Eichel trade.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia

Attachments

• Larkin.png
    Larkin.png
    413.1 KB · Views: 4

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Sorry, I didn't mean it that way.

It was mainly to say that my crush on Krebs isn't tied to the Eichel trade.
I know.. not everyone. Lots of people love his enthusiasm and feisty-ness. I do at times too.

I don't see the Eichel trade being a motivation in here... see it mostly on Twitter.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
I think Kevyn has an idea where Krebs needs to be slotted next year (3rd or 4th line?).

If he's unsure I think these remaining games without Mittelstadt will confirm his thoughts.
Kevin is an arsehat and should not be trusted with anything other than changing Terry's depends. Krebs should not be slotted anywhere. He should be given the opportunity to make the 4th line, Roch or backup Sabretooth

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
I think Kevyn has an idea where Krebs needs to be slotted next year (3rd or 4th line?).

If he's unsure I think these remaining games without Mittelstadt will confirm hi

Krebs should not be slotted anywhere. He should be given the opportunity to make the 4th line, Roch or backup Sabretooth

3C on the Beijing Lions

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

I'm cool with trading him. Im also fine with him being our 4th line rat again between Girgs and another 4th liner. It's becoming clear we need another top-9 center. Adams seems to agree according to the rumors. And yeah, a two-way 3rd line C is ideal.

Reactions: joshjull

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
I'm cool with trading him. Im also fine with him being our 4th line rat again between Girgs and another 4th liner. It's becoming clear we need another top-9 center. Adams seems to agree according to the rumors. And yeah, a two-way 3rd line C is ideal.
You could always build a true matchup line and use Krebs-Savoie as 2/3 of a heavy o-zone PITA line

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
We play Detroit one more time. Hopefully we win and spoil there chances at playoffs all the while making them draft 14th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad