Red Wings Prospect Tracker - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
yes but Duclair played 8 more games than Mantha (though it doesn't matter for the title)

Sami

Oct 21, 2013
What kind of role does Martin Frk have in Grand Rapids? 23 games, 1 assist, -11, 22 SOG!?!? Kid seems to be in big trouble.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
What kind of role does Martin Frk have in Grand Rapids? 23 games, 1 assist, -11, 22 SOG!?!? Kid seems to be in big trouble.

Started at Toledo, then was recalled and put to 4th line, now he is at 3rd line. Climbing slowly on the depth chart.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

RWC has been very critical given the Griffins have such a huge disparity in goals scored. I thought he looked great during the prospect tournament but he's got a lot of work in front of him to become a top prospect.

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan

I haven't watched the last 4 games but before that he was primarily a grinder. For the amount of points he has you would think he's struggling but over the last 7 or so games I watched he was one of their best players. the guy was constantly making chances. he will take a few years but he could be a really good 3rd liner with a great shot.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I haven't watched the last 4 games but before that he was primarily a grinder. For the amount of points he has you would think he's struggling but over the last 7 or so games I watched he was one of their best players. the guy was constantly making chances. he will take a few years but he could be a really good 3rd liner with a great shot.

Sounds like a long project, but that's just fine. We don't have any kind of need to rush him and is development.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Really like the idea if drafting big+raw defenseman late in the draft.

The Mcnulty/Wheaton combo is very intriguing to me. Hopefully 1 of the 2 becomes an NHL'er.

If we could get a combo like that in each draft eventually we might find a gem.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Mid-season Prospect rankings?

I'm not sure about you guys but I don't find the Olympics overly exciting so I was thinking that as a way to pass the time during the 2+ week break that maybe we could do mid-season prospect ranking.

A lot has changed since the last round of our rankings with Ironhook's lack of production, Mantha's dominance, Tinky Winky looking like a boss...etc so it would be interesting to see how everyone's views have changed since the draft. However I'm wondering if maybe we should just leave it till after this years draft as I expect a large portion of the fanbase would be pretty occupied with the Olympics during the Olympic break.

So what you think, do a mid-season ranking now and then another after the draft or just wait and do the ranking after the draft?

kuick

Tatar Sauce
Aug 15, 2009
Grand Rapids
So what you think, do a mid-season ranking now and then another after the draft or just wait and do the ranking after the draft?

Can't hurt, and it's not like we'll have anything else to discuss besides Olympic performances.

I say do it.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
I'm not sure about you guys but I don't find the Olympics overly exciting so I was thinking that as a way to pass the time during the 2+ week break that maybe we could do mid-season prospect ranking.

A lot has changed since the last round of our rankings with Ironhook's lack of production, Mantha's dominance, Tinky Winky looking like a boss...etc so it would be interesting to see how everyone's views have changed since the draft. However I'm wondering if maybe we should just leave it till after this years draft as I expect a large portion of the fanbase would be pretty occupied with the Olympics during the Olympic break.

Yeah, I think the polls would be interesting next week.

Brandel*

How do you get the scolling bar at the top back? Is that the only way to see the current rankings?

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
I'm in, not to run it though, I work 12's on midnights.

And just to throw it out there...I will be pissed if Detroit loses Ferraro. He's exactly what this team needs in the bottom 6 going forward. I really think he'll blossom when put with talent.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Janmark's team is last in the league and has recently sold two of their top centers in terms of ice time. It doesn't look very good and they will probably have to play in the relegation league. I hope Janmark finds a new team for next year if they are relegated.

He returned tonight after missing a couple of games, played center (probably due to what I wrote above). No points, +/- 0, 2 SOG, 1 hit, 19:10 ice time and 28,6% on faceoffs. They won 3-1.

Bäckman 0+0, -1, 2 PIM & 14:53 ice time in a 5-2 loss.

WingsMike

Registered Man
Jan 28, 2012
Janmark's team is last in the league and has recently sold two of their top centers in terms of ice time. It doesn't look very good and they will probably have to play in the relegation league. I hope Janmark finds a new team for next year if they are relegated.

He returned tonight after missing a couple of games, played center (probably due to what I wrote above). No points, +/- 0, 2 SOG, 1 hit, 19:10 ice time and 28,6% on faceoffs. They won 3-1.

Any chance he comes to GR?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

I think he would. There will be center spots open at next season that should be a good fit. Sheahan promoted, Ferraro promoted, Aubry released, Emmerton goes to Europe etc.

XXX - Järnkrok - XXX
XXX - Janmark? - XXX
XXX - Glendening - XXX
XXX - Athanasiou? - XXX

And some extra is needed... like McIntyre or somebody.

when thinking more of it Griffins will stay insanely strong also for 2014-15 season.

It pretty much looks like Sheahan, Ferraro, Callahan and Almquist could be promoted in NHL. At least they will lose their waiver-eligibility. And at same time, we have Mantha, Athanasiou, Janmark and Bäckman coming in AHL? Also Jake Paterson is coming, so maybe McCollum or Coreau will make room for him. If Evans is let walk and Nedomlel takes his spot as a physical D, we'll have these kind of 2014-15 Griffins:

Jurco - Järnkrok - Pulkkinen
Mantha - Janmark - Frk
Hoggan - Glendening - Tvrdon
Grant - Athanasiou - Parkes
(McIntyre, Nestrasil, etc. AHL-vet depth)

Ouellet - Sproul
Bäckman - Marchenko
Nedomlel - Jensen
(Paetsch)

Mrazek? (if not in NHL)
Paterson
McCollum
Coreau?

Last edited:

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
I have a feeling he stays in Sweden for one more year, at least if they don't get relegated. He's got a good chance at making the WC's so he might do a similar stint in GR as Järnkrok last year.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Does Janmark win enough faceoffs to be a center? Every time I see updates in here it seems he's winning 20% or 30% of his draws, way too low to be an effective center.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Does Janmark win enough faceoffs to be a center? Every time I see updates in here it seems he's winning 20% or 30% of his draws, way too low to be an effective center.

That's something you can work on, mostly a technique-thing. Griffins is a place to fix that thing.

Kris Draper, where are you?

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
He's not good right now but I'm sure he can learn. It might have something to do with what Andersson said about his (lack of proper) off-season training so far. But being bad at faceoffs doesn't always mean you can't play center...

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
He's not good right now but I'm sure he can learn. It might have something to do with what Andersson said about his (lack of proper) off-season training so far. But being bad at faceoffs doesn't always mean you can't play center...

I'm pretty sure Datsyuk wasn't a good faceoff guy on his earliest seasons. But if you have that great hand-eye coordination ( I expect to Janmark have, because he has nice scoring touch), get stronger and learn those techniques, the >55% is waiting for you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad