Prospect Info: Red Wings Prospect Depository IV - A New Thread About Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
What's the latest on Alexei Marchenko anyway? Is he still hurt? Has he been playing?
haven't seen any games, but he has been playing in playoff series vs lev. but he has been playing only a few minutes per game (6:16 vs 12:56 in regular season). based on game sheets, CSKA has been using 8 d-men. they added danny markov, shaone morrisonn and igor ozhiganov late in the season.

marchenko played 44 of 52 games in regular season, and has played all 3 playoff games so far (CSKA leads 3-0).

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Jarnkrok 1+1, +2. Assisted to tie the game with 30 or so seconds left. I thought he was one of the better players on the ice. Lost 3-4 in OT though while AIK won their game so there's only three points between the teams now with three games left to play, including a h2h.

Backman was -3, has to be a season low. Team lost 2-6.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Is the plan to have Tvrdon, Pulkkinen, Jarnkrok, Sproul, Oulette, Marchenko, etc, all in Grand Rapids next year? Team could be sick to watch.

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
Is the plan to have Tvrdon, Pulkkinen, Jarnkrok, Sproul, Oulette, Marchenko, etc, all in Grand Rapids next year? Team could be sick to watch.

agreed, I think we are finally going to see what the this generation of prospects really have to offer. The last one has a touch of top bottom 6 talent, and a touch of top 6 talent. (Helm, Abby,Mursak, Nyquist) but has really helped with the move from consistent contender to fringe playoff team. So far this generation looks to be one that improves the team and could bring it back to that Contender status, with more top 6 talent than bottom 6 and the bottom 6 being good fringe 2nd line as well (Sheahan). but with Tatar, Pulks, Jarnkrok, Ouellet, Marchenko, Sproul, Backman, ummm... Mrazek, you see my point. There is a lot of high ceilings in this group of prospects.
Its kind of crazy to think that Grand rapids could win the Calder cup this year then be better next year, keep in mind Jurco will also be more accustomed to the A, Mrazek will be another year better, barring Howie not getting resigned. The team is only going to lose Nyquist, Tatar, Lashoff, and maybe possibly Sheahan, plus random AHL vets.

Hoggan - Jarnkrok - Jurco
Ferraro -Sheahan - Pulkkinen
Tvrdon - Aubry - Frk
Callahan -Quine - Glendening
Grant

Almquist- Marchenko
Ouellet- Sproul
Skinner- Billins

Mrazek
McCollum

Now tell me that after 20 games or so that all those defensive parings aren't great, and that the top two lines could both be number ones, (ie. like Z or D's lines are like 1A, 1B) and that the 3rd line would be a competent 2nd line on some AHL teams each forward line has people who have spent good time in the AHL and a talented rookie who hopefully doesn't Jurco out and really underplay themselves.

Last edited:

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
You are missing Frk and Tvrdon is not C.

the C's were Jarnkrok, Sheahan, Aubry, and Quine.

good point on Frk I honestly dont know what line to put him on. 3rd make the most sense I guess you move Glendening to the 4th line and make Grant your extra Forward.

that 3rd line would be pretty big so that's a plus

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
the C's were Jarnkrok, Sheahan, Aubry, and Quine.

good point on Frk I honestly dont know what line to put him on. 3rd make the most sense I guess you move Glendening to the 4th line and make Grant your extra Forward.

that 3rd line would be pretty big so that's a plus

I guess we could get rid of Hoggan. No need for him to take IT from kids.

I think Jensen could also sign. Nedolmel too, but I think he's starting in ECHL.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I guess we could get rid of Hoggan. No need for him to take IT from kids.

Why not keep Hoggan? You sign veterans on the bench and let the kids play. When the 1st injury comes, there's Jeff Hoggan ready and fresh to jump in.

Kid - Kid - Kid
Kid - Kid - Kid
Kid - Kid - Kid
Kid - Kid - Kid
(Vet, Goon)

Kid - Kid
Kid - Kid
Kid - Kid
(Vet)

Kid
(Vet)

This would my basic idea for farm system. Few vets there as leading example, and they would not have free walk to roster. Only if some kid in unavailable to play.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
This would my basic idea for farm system. Few vets there as leading example, and they would not have free walk to roster. Only if some kid in unavailable to play.

The farm is mainly to entertain the prospects who has a real possibility to be NHL players and give them a good environment to develop in. If a prospect can't beat out a veteran for a depth role in the AHL, it is what it is, with some exceptions. There's a lot more upside than downside with veterans in the lineup.

Paetsch can learn the puckmovers a thing or two, Evans can learn the shutdown guys a thing or two, Hoggan can learn the two-way forwards a thing or two, and I'm sure Grant has learned Callahan a thing or two. They give you leadership, they show the young guys how to take care of yourself outside the ice, and you get a better team overall. Assuming you sign the right veterans of course. Doesn't need to be more than 4 or 5.

Mad Cow

Jan 4, 2012
Ontario
Quick question regarding Jarnkrok, depending on when his team is done in the SEL this season, can he make the trip overseas to finish the season/playoffs with the Griffin's or as an extra forward with the Wings (assuming we make playoffs)? Also would it be beneficial for him to do this if possible?

ginnungagap

Apr 7, 2003
Visit site
Well Frk's shot is much better than Pulkkinen's for starters and Pulkkinen is a much better playmaker. The only real similarities are poor skating wingers with injury concerns
I know the "Holy Slapper" doesn't get the press it used to- but Pulkkinen has a world-class shot. I'd agree that Frk has a quicker/better wind-up but they've gotta be close in raw velocity. I will give you that Frk has an almost freakish ability to get his shot off and surprise the goalie- if Pulkkinen could speed it up so his shot wasn't as telegraphed he'd be deadly.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Yeah, Sproul at center tonight due to Nick Cousins being suspended for 4 games.

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
Frk, 1G 1A, +3, 4 Shots, 1st Star, in 2-4 Win (note Drouin was not involved in any of his scoring tonight and only put up an empty net goal)
Sproul, 1A, +1, in 5-4 Shootout loss (playin Center)
Quine, 1A, in 4-0 Win

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
I wonder if Sproul would even produce more as a forward since a lot of his points come from that big point shot and assists from rebounds. Maybe he'll become a Dustin Byfuglien type...

Nedomlel played last night as well and scored their opening goal (5on5) in a 3-2 win. He was also a +1 and got one tripping minor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad