Prospect Info: Red Wings Prospect Depository IV - A New Thread About Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Jokerit HIFK 1-0 at the the old arena after the SO, so no points for Pulkkinen. He almost scored in the shootout, after a fake slapper, some dangles a one handed Forsberg move but the puck hit the post. Steve Moses got badly injured during(possibly broken collarbone) the game so Pulkkinen might get moved to alongside Filppula or not.

icing

Jun 22, 2003
Sweden
Jarnkrok, 1A, +1. Team lost 1-2 in OT despite outshooting opponent 52-24.
Backman, 2A, +2, 6 SOG. Team won 4-3 in SO.

Great game from Bäckman today. Awsome. I really hope Detroit has patience and let him stick around another year in Sweden.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I've browsed through this thread but there's not a whole lot of talk about Nick Jensen going on. Where does he fit in your D-men depth charts with the likes of Brendan Smith, Ryan Sproul, Xavier Oullet, Mattias Backman, Adam Almquist and the possible signing of Dan DeKeyser? Is Jensen someone with a future as an NHL'er in your organisation? He was recently ranked as your #20 prospect but is he really that far down in your depth charts?

I am very bullish on Jensen as a prospect even though we have a lot of good defensemen heading to GR next season. He is an awesome skater and has developed well physically over the last couple of years. I think he will surprise a lot of people. I would love Dekeyser but I think he will sign with another organization that will give him a quicker road to the NHL.

Aug 6, 2012
Just so you guys know, a former coach of Ryan Sproul who is now a scout (pretty sure its legit) gave a nice insiders insight about Sproul. Its in the Ryan Sproul thread on the Prospects board. Its pretty interesting, he's known the kid since before the OHL and still talks to him today. Seems to be very high on him.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
I am very bullish on Jensen as a prospect even though we have a lot of good defensemen heading to GR next season. He is an awesome skater and has developed well physically over the last couple of years. I think he will surprise a lot of people. I would love Dekeyser but I think he will sign with another organization that will give him a quicker road to the NHL.

Personally, I think he'd make the Wings from what I've seen of him...and the Wings defense. Two years ago he would've had trouble, but not now.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Great game from Bäckman today. Awsome. I really hope Detroit has patience and let him stick around another year in Sweden.

Yes, he is expected to spend one more season in Sweden. Hopefully his budding offensive skills develop even further. I think he's got a great shot at making the Red Wings for the 2014-15 season. His game is coming along quite nicely in a very strong hockey league.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I've browsed through this thread but there's not a whole lot of talk about Nick Jensen going on. Where does he fit in your D-men depth charts with the likes of Brendan Smith, Ryan Sproul, Xavier Oullet, Mattias Backman, Adam Almquist and the possible signing of Dan DeKeyser? Is Jensen someone with a future as an NHL'er in your organisation? He was recently ranked as your #20 prospect but is he really that far down in your depth charts?

I'd personally put him right behind Ouellet, Sproul and Backman. I think he'll start off in Grand Rapids and I like what he brings from an offensive skills perspective. Right now we are quite thin as an organization when it comes to offensive defensemen. Sproul is head and shoulders above every other prospect, Jensen demonstrates some solid offensive talent, and Backman is starting to be a consistent point producer.

Depending on how Smith and Ouellet produce Jensen may have a fairly straight-forward path to one of Detroit's power play units in a year or two.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Just so you guys know, a former coach of Ryan Sproul who is now a scout (pretty sure its legit) gave a nice insiders insight about Sproul. Its in the Ryan Sproul thread on the Prospects board. Its pretty interesting, he's known the kid since before the OHL and still talks to him today. Seems to be very high on him.
This was a great text, and it's 100% legit.

Here's the link for anyone interested: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=60318529&postcount=90

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

Thanks for the heads up. Definitely worth checking out. :yo:

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Personally, I think he'd make the Wings from what I've seen of him...and the Wings defense. Two years ago he would've had trouble, but not now.

if Babcock's this high on Lashoff imagine how high he'd be on Dekeyser

he'd probably get tons of ice time if the Wings signed him and had him on the roster

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Martin Frk is on fire right now! And it's not as if he's raking in points inconsistently, here are his stats by game. He has 16 points in 10 games in February and has 2G and 2A right now playing with Drouin and McAulay (with McKinnon out). He has finish and his concussion woes are behind him. In short, he's doing great and looks to be an exciting prospect.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Martin Frk is on fire right now! And it's not as if he's raking in points inconsistently, here are his stats by game. He has 16 points in 10 games in February and has 2G and 2A right now playing with Drouin and McAulay (with McKinnon out). He has finish and his concussion woes are behind him. In short, he's doing great and looks to be an exciting prospect.

I won't get excited about him until he fix his skating, both acceleration and speed.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
Halifax beat Acadie-Bathurst 11-3 and Frk finished with 2+2.. but -2. Was on ice for every GA.

Lol, yeah .. but at least he's +27.

He's been on a tear since November really ... 17 goals and 16 assists since coming back from the world juniors, and had two typical Marty goals today, using his bomb from the slot ... I don't believe goalies see it, they guess lol, haven't seen a shot like that come through the Q in my life.

His skating has also improved. He didn't have much time to work on it/get it back to what it was with his concussion in 2011 ... But his strides are more "powerful" compared to his rookie season ... Not great, but he's getting better and it's not a glaring issue like it was previously ...IMO.

But he also had a hat-trick on Wednesday, so all is good.

Last edited:

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
It'll be interesting to compare Frk and Pulkkinen. They seem so similar. Who will be the better of the poor skating wingers with rocket shots? Frk appears to bring a nasty/dirty element whereas Pulkkinen has some quality playmaking ability.

It'll be a very interesting story line to watch in GR next year.

Anchor Town*

It'll be interesting to compare Frk and Pulkkinen. They seem so similar. Who will be the better of the poor skating wingers with rocket shots? Frk appears to bring a nasty/dirty element whereas Pulkkinen has some quality playmaking ability.

Well Frk's shot is much better than Pulkkinen's for starters and Pulkkinen is a much better playmaker. The only real similarities are poor skating wingers with injury concerns

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
What's the latest on Alexei Marchenko anyway? Is he still hurt? Has he been playing?

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Lol, yeah .. but at least he's +27.

He's been on a tear since November really ... 17 goals and 16 assists since coming back from the world juniors, and had two typical Marty goals today, using his bomb from the slot ... I don't believe goalies see it, they guess lol, haven't seen a shot like that come through the Q in my life.

His skating has also improved. He didn't have much time to work on it/get it back to what it was with his concussion in 2011 ... But his strides are more "powerful" compared to his rookie season ... Not great, but he's getting better and it's not a glaring issue like it was previously ...IMO.

But he also had a hat-trick on Wednesday, so all is good.

Thanks! Very informative post. It's nice to get accounts from people who actually watch the prospects instead of just guessing based on stats, etc.

Frk definitely plays a more physical game. I want to see more games before judging his skating though. Don't get to watch a lot of junior hockey (playoffs from time to time).

Pulkkinen's skating wasn't that awful when I last saw him. And he was better than Hudler in that respect. If Hudler can make it in the NHL...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad