Pre-Game Talk: Red Wings @ Maple Leafs Tue 2017-03-07

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Start of a mini 2-game home stand, and a run of 5 games vs teams closer to us in the standings.

Going to need to start winning some games soon. First game back off a road trip is often a tough one for the home team, but they did arrive home 2 days ago, so take that for what its worth.

Hoping the boys are refreshed and ready to make a run with some solid play.

Any lineup changes expected? Andersen should get every start until March 23 vs the Devils (next b2b).

Last edited:

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Desperately need to win this game. Detroit is the weakest opponent we'll face in the final games of the season. Can't afford to come out and lay an egg. It'd be severely disappointing to lose this game in any way, shape, or form.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Shocking to hear why everyone doesn't think we're going to make the playoffs. Our team has struggled a bit but it's just part of the ups and downs of a season.

Playoffs will be easy to make (shouldn't even be a question), interesting to see how far we'll make it during the playoffs. There's no great team out there so I think at the very least we can compete with every team in the East in the playoffs

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Shocking to hear why everyone doesn't think we're going to make the playoffs. Our team has struggled a bit but it's just part of the ups and downs of a season.

Playoffs will be easy to make (shouldn't even be a question), interesting to see how far we'll make it during the playoffs. There's no great team out there so I think at the very least we can compete with every team in the East in the playoffs

I don't think it's shocking. I will be floored if they make it. I just don't see it happening. The team D is just atrocious for the most part. But I really really hope you're right and I am dead wrong.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

:laugh::laugh:

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
just going to relax this rest of the season. Im glad they are keeping the lines together. Honestly I know Mathews and marner will still improve but I think this year will pay off for hyman and brown. If they both put in a lot of work over the summer I think both will be twice the players they are now. If hyman works on his shot, strength and stickhandling he will be quite a good player. And same with brown. I think brown has the hockey sense if he can add some muscle and improve his shot I think he can be pretty damn good

REGGIE DUNLOP77

Jun 16, 2014
Southern GeorgianBay

Me too,

I just looked quickly at the other teams sked and they all have tuff teams left and some non play off teams ,i think its the Islander have a home and home with Carolina and than another game after that with them ,any team can easily lose 3-4 games in a row and that with a team winning 2-3 in arow ,thats alot of points.

Leafs just went threw about a 5 game winless streak so hopefully they are due ,i think its the Islanders too going threw Alberta and Calgary is hot,Ed might beat them too.

Three point games are tuff,hope other teams in race win/lose in regulation when playing each there

Edit: Panther have a tuff up coming sked including two against thevleafs

Last edited:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
just going to relax this rest of the season. Im glad they are keeping the lines together. Honestly I know Mathews and marner will still improve but I think this year will pay off for hyman and brown. If they both put in a lot of work over the summer I think both will be twice the players they are now. If hyman works on his shot, strength and stickhandling he will be quite a good player. And same with brown. I think brown has the hockey sense if he can add some muscle and improve his shot I think he can be pretty damn good

Me too. Not sure I see what's so tragic about spreading out the talent.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
What if we win this one and lose the one after?

Would then depend on what the others do in the mean time.

Sens vs Boston tonight... guess we want Sens to win? Keeps BOS closer to us.

I would think winning these next 2 at home is of the utmost of importance; 1 game at a time of course.

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
Would then depend on what the others do in the mean time.

Sens vs Boston tonight... guess we want Sens to win? Keeps BOS closer to us.

I would think winning these next 2 at home is of the utmost of importance; 1 game at a time of course.

As long as it's only two points. Boston has the advances stat advantage and I think they're going to finish top of the division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad