Pre-Game Talk: Red Wings @ Maple Leafs Tue 2017-03-07

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Life would've been so much easier if Bozak was traded at the deadline.

Komarov - Kadri - Leivo
Hyman - Matthews - Brown
JVR - Nylander - Marner
Martin - Boyle - Soshnikov

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
vintage babs! he also left the defense pairings the same. still hunlaking away
What is her seriously supposed to do about the defense with the roster they have? Hunwick and Polak are useful on the PK and frankly no less terrifying than Gardiner with anyone these days. Carrick is hurt, Marchenko isn't that different from either Hunwick or Polak anyways, so what is the option on the blueline?

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
You think Boston is going to catch and overtake Montreal?

I really do... they will at least give them a good run. All of the fancy stats have indicated that the Bruins were horribly unlucky to start the season so it's no surprise that they are coming through big now. They will at least take Ottawa.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
This week really is make it or break it for us.. Our next 5 games are, Detroit/Philly/Carolina/Florida/Tampa.. 3 of them being two points away from us.. Would be nice to do some damage and win 5 straight :D

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
WHY is Leivo scratched again. Why.

Babcock needs to start being questioned. This is ****ing pathetic.

We have lost a million straight and keeps the same bs lines

Leivo was better then anyone not named mattews or nylander.

Utter joke

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto

Utter joke

Don't understand as well. Guess truculence > skill.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
Lines with that top nine formation won us alot more games than they lost.

Babs returning to what worked best for us this season, makes more sense at this late stage of the season, over experimenting.

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Life would've been so much easier if Bozak was traded at the deadline.

Komarov - Kadri - Leivo
Hyman - Matthews - Brown
JVR - Nylander - Marner

Nah our lines should be:

Kadri-Matthews-Marner
Nylander-Matthews-Marner
Marner-Kadri-Matthews
Marner-Matthews-Leivo

Although Leivo should be top 6 but I don't know who Leivo would beat out.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I'd like to go on record as saying this whining about Babs in here is a joke.

He is not a stupid coach, and has good reasons for his lineups and tactics.

This is exactly the sort of thing he warned against, except he said they may have the pitch forks out in year 2 or 3.

Here in Leaf Nation, they are out 3/4 of the way through year one and the Babcock criticism is mounting.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
I have nothing against Babcock reverting the lines back; ultimately, the new lines were not winning. Matthews stopped producing. Why not use what "worked"?

If I had a choice, I'd push for this simple change:

Leivo - Matthews - Nylander
JVR - Bozak - Marner
Komarov - Kadri - Brown

Subs: Fehr, Hyman

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada

Utter joke

What is pathetic? So you would scratch who for Leivo? The biggest weakness of this team is defence so therefore you scratch our best defensive forward in soshnikov for more offence? We need defence not offense and the best coach in the NHL recognizes this.

HeroNtF

Jul 9, 2012
maybe previous management were right, that leafs fans couldnt handle a rebuild.. 2nd year in and people seemingly want to run one of the best coachs in the game out of town.

we are ahead of schedule, people need to quit it.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
maybe previous management were right, that leafs fans couldnt handle a rebuild.. 2nd year in and people seemingly want to run one of the best coachs in the game out of town.

I can handle a re-build.

What I can't handle is seeing the best prospect in Leafs history get stuck with an AHL level grinder the entire season.

How long have we been waiting for a number 1 center? And now that we have one, we put him with the worst winger on the team. There's a half dozen guys on the Marlies I would rather play with Matthews than Hyman.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

The best part is the people calling Hyman a 3rd line AHL and AHL grinder.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
What is pathetic? So you would scratch who for Leivo? The biggest weakness of this team is defence so therefore you scratch our best defensive forward in soshnikov for more offence? We need defence not offense and the best coach in the NHL recognizes this.

This cannot be stated enough.

Scoring goals isn't this team's problem. Preventing them is. Not sure how a major line juggle will fix the weak defense core.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I think they will find a way to win this one. In fact, I think we take both at home. And Carolina.

Start of a 3 game run.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
I think they will find a way to win this one. In fact, I think we take both at home. And Carolina.

Start of a 3 game run.

Hopefully you are right, I hope we show up for the Tampa/Philly/Florida games.. Those games are gonna be super important.

mrJT

Mar 4, 2013
Toronto
I can handle a re-build.

What I can't handle is seeing the best prospect in Leafs history get stuck with an AHL level grinder the entire season.

How long have we been waiting for a number 1 center? And now that we have one, we put him with the worst winger on the team. There's a half dozen guys on the Marlies I would rather play with Matthews than Hyman.

It's not gonna change now with 18 games left tho.

And honestly Hyman has been excellent defensively and fore-checking winning the puck back for Matthews. If only he could take/receive passes then we'd be in dreamland!
Brown does similar work, but has much better offensive sense.

I really pray this line takes off and starts dominating like it's shown it can do multiple times this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad