Halifax, NS
I would do this:

JVR - Matthews - Nylander
Leivo - Kadri - Marner
Komorov - Bozak - Brown
Martin - Boyle - Soshnikov/Hyman

That's actually a great looking lineup.

I always thought that saying

"if you don't bet x team, you're not a playoff team." is so stupid.

Playoff teams lose to bad teams all the time. it's not like the only games bad-teams win are vs. other bad teams. hell when we were 30th we'd eek out a win over a cup contender or two. didn't make them any less of a playoff team.

Agree with you. We don't die if we lose this game and it doesn't mean we suck either. If this game becomes a loss it does not determine our season.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
1st game back from a West coast trip by many teams is sometimes an off game for the returning team.

Lets hope that is not the case and the days rest and time change issues are not a factor tonight as Leafs need this game.

They had 2 full practices to sort through things, though. A rarity for them this season.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
The advantage of putting Matthews and Marner together (as you mentioned at the bottom of your post) is that you could play them 20+ minutes a night, as opposed to 17-18 minutes like they currently are, and thus play Bozak's line less as they are a defensive liability.

Having Boyle makes for a much better 4th line which should reduce Bozak's minutes. Downside to that obviously is it cuts into Marners minutes.

A solution could be to sit Soshnikov or Martin for a shift here and there and double shift Marner/Nylander/Matthews with Boyle.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I stick up for Babs regularly but having Hyman beside Matthews all season is utter insanity. Keep in mind he's benched Nylander or plugged him on the fourth line. What has Hyman done to earn a spot beside our best center? Because this whole puck retrieval excuse has worn thin. It's pretty evident when Matthews plays with skill like Nylander he's a much more dangerous player.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I stick up for Babs regularly but having Hyman beside Matthews all season is utter insanity. Keep in mind he's benched Nylander or plugged him on the fourth line. What has Hyman done to earn a spot beside our best center? Because this whole puck retrieval excuse has worn thin. It's pretty evident when Matthews plays with skill like Nylander he's a much more dangerous player.

Maybe Babs is using it as a motivational tool for Matthews in future seasons, when the Leafs are expected to be better and better, so Auston has a full understanding of what it's like to be anchored with a plug :sarcasm:

MB: "Auston you better up your compete and get your **** together .. Otherwise I'll stick you back with Hyman"

AM: "......." *jumps on the ice and scores winning goal*

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario

Babs was always gonna have one of these types of players with Matthews. Those that knew Babs coaching style prior to the Leafs were even prepared to accept Martin as one of his wingers.

It falls perfectly in line with Babcock's usage of Abdelkader.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Hyman/Leispic/Grundstrom/Korkshov are all LW and have the best chance at being LW with Matthews IMO considering that spot is going to be reserved for a two-way skilled grinder.
Future lines for me would be:

Grundstrom - Matthews - Kapanen
Korkshov - Kadri - Marner
JVR - Nylander - Bracco/Timashov/Brown
Hyman - Goat - Brown/Leivo/Soshnikov

And then JVR for one of Bracco, Timashov, Soshnikov, Leivo, Johnson, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln