GDT: Red Wings @ Ducks Game 42 8:00 ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
On the cast Daniels said it was because it went off a Duck's stick. Apparently that matters? If it had been a Duck's sake Ken said it would have been a Datsyuk assist.

Never knew that.

Jones/Johnansen?...
I mean, I always thought it had to do with whether or not they had possession in between. You see players get assists all the time when it bounces off another player then to your own...

It was certainly a more legitimate assist than half the secondary assists this league hands out.

J15

Mar 18, 2009
4 wins in a row?! My mind just froze.
tumblr_m0wb2xz9Yh1r08e3p.jpg

This isn't surprising at all, Wings do it all the time. Now if we don't go on to lose the next 5 straight I'd be shocked :laugh:

hyduK

Feb 21, 2009
They considered it an "own-goal" on the Ducks defender so the last Wing to touch it gets credit for the goal with no assists.

Oh, yeah that makes way more sense then. Thought the dispute was if a duck stick touched the datsyuk pass before reaching tats.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
If the nhl wants more scoring how about calling goals the count

Also give datsyuk the assist

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014
They considered it an "own-goal" on the Ducks defender so the last Wing to touch it gets credit for the goal with no assists.

This doesn't fly.

Iginla's 600th was a deflection off a Kings player and assists were given out.

The pass also was not tipped.

Really curious as to how Datsyuk didn't get an assist.

rx7dryver

Apr 11, 2009
Most entertaining game I have watched in a while. There was a playoff feel and pissing getzlaugh and perry off is always fun.

rx7dryver

Apr 11, 2009
This doesn't fly.

Not to mention things like a "crosby assist."

Was crosby on ice? Give him an assist:laugh:

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
This doesn't fly.

It all hinges on whether the duck defender "played" the puck or "deflected" the puck as Tatar brought the puck to the crease. The refs thought the Duck played it. I don't really agree with it, but that's how they scored it.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Most entertaining game I have watched in a while. There was a playoff feel and pissing getzlaugh and perry off is always fun.

The SJS game was much more exciting IMO. It was really similar in the sense that it was 1-1 almost all game until a late goal (by us) in the 3rd.

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014
Yeah the duck d didn't maintain possession. He swiped at it to hopefully clear it off to the side but never established possession. Oh well a W is a W.

Yeah looking closely I don't think anyone even touched it until it hit the goalie.

That's absolute BS.

Just don't give an assist because it's at the Ducks and a Wings' player? Wow.

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014
It all hinges on whether the duck defender "played" the puck or "deflected" the puck as Tatar brought the puck to the crease. The refs thought the Duck played it. I don't really agree with it, but that's how they scored it.

Do refs score plays? I didn't think they have any say in the matter.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Do refs score plays? I didn't think they have any say in the matter.

I think the on ice officials give their score to the score keepers. The score keepers can adjust it if they get further info from the benches at intermission, etc. But yeah, I'm pretty sure the initial call comes from the on ice refs.

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014
I think the on ice officials give their score to the score keepers. The score keepers can adjust it if they get further info from the benches at intermission, etc. But yeah, I'm pretty sure the initial call comes from the on ice refs.

I thought there were 'scorers' in every arena who kept track of stats, like hits, blocked shots, goals, assists, saves, shots, etc.

Really weird that refs would tell the score keeper who touched the puck for the secondary assist out of a scrum... Seems unlikely but the NHL is somewhat of a joke so who knows.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I thought there were 'scorers' in every arena who kept track of stats, like hits, blocked shots, goals, assists, saves, shots, etc.

Really weird that refs would tell the score keeper who touched the puck for the secondary assist out of a scrum... Seems unlikely but the NHL is somewhat of a joke so who knows.

We took two points off of a very good team on the road. I wouldn't get bent out of shape about Pav's missing assist.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane

I'm thinking more of determining the goal scorer, I guess. I'm pretty sure I've seen refs ask guys if they've tipped picks or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino