GDT: Red Wings @ Ducks Game 42 8:00 ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Anaheim sucked early on, now they're playing pretty good(?)... leagues 4th best D (goals against)

I'm guessing low scoring game.. 2-1 in Regulation/OT/SO to either team

Actual Thought*

I expect a loss because the Ducks are playing pretty well. They are defensively pretty good and the Wings are offensively terrible with no power play.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Gibson and Andersen are the main reasons they've even got a shot a playoff spot. Smells like a 1-0 or 2-1 game. The Ducks are at the same GF/GP as last year's anemic Sabres' offense.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Gibson and Andersen are the main reasons they've even got a shot a playoff spot. Smells like a 1-0 or 2-1 game. The Ducks are at the same GF/GP as last year's anemic Sabres' offense.

Nothing at all to do with the Pacific being awful outside of LA?

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
It's going to be a good game, games against Anaheim always seem to be. As long as we win one of the next two games I'll be happy, but ideally we'll win both. Either way they are going to be tough games.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I feel like we will have a great game, and come out ready to play. 4-1 Wings.

Tatar
Datsyuk
Kronwall
Sheahan

Nyquist is really starting to annoy me. He is pretty much useless right now. When he's not scoring, or setting up plays what exactly is he doing that is beneficial for this team?

kerjuxaxaxa

Nov 11, 2011
London
Nyquist is really starting to annoy me. He is pretty much useless right now. When he's not scoring, or setting up plays what exactly is he doing that is beneficial for this team?

the same applies to Tatar.

Btw, have wings won any game by more than 1 goal apart from 1st game of the season?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I feel like we will have a great game, and come out ready to play. 4-1 Wings.

Tatar
Datsyuk
Kronwall
Sheahan

He is a scoring player... What does he do when he isn't generating that? Not a whole heck of a lot. I will say at least in the often debated position on the two (Nyquist vs Tatar) at least Nyquist isn't dangerously coughing up the puck everywhere like Tatar when he is slumping. We need more from both those guys right now, they are counted on members on this team and they have taken too many games off this season for my liking.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Nyquist and Tatar need to score. Guys have had some chances and they need to get their pace back up.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
He is a scoring player... What does he do when he isn't generating that? Not a whole heck of a lot. I will say at least in the often debated position on the two (Nyquist vs Tatar) at least Nyquist isn't dangerously coughing up the puck everywhere like Tatar when he is slumping. We need more from both those guys right now, they are counted on members on this team and they have taken too many games off this season for my liking.

This is the only reason I like nyquist more than tatar

Btw, have wings won any game by more than 1 goal apart from 1st game of the season?

I think the Arizona game is the only other time

skate skate skate

Apr 6, 2014
Europe

Only five (I think), out of 21 wins!

We won 5-1 against Arizona (the game were Miller and Pulkkinen got hurt in the first period)
5-3 against Ottawa in October (game was 5-1, but we gave up two late third period goals)
The 4-0 win in the season opener against the leafs.
The other two were against Calgary and Tampa, were Abby resp. KQ scored an EN.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
This is the only reason I like nyquist more than tatar

I know they beat Tampa by two goals in the third game, think they got Ottawa by two earlier in the season.... Calgary or Edmonton maybe? Guess I would have to look at the schedule. Playing close games isn't something I have a huge problem with, that is what the bulk of them are later in the season...

It does hurt your ability to rest players, though Blashill has kept the minutes down on some of these guys by redistributing minutes on a lot of nights. Averages might not be crazy different but there is a reason often people have said wow so and so led us in minutes both defensively or forward wise. It is something he did in GR as well and I always thought it kept his teams pretty fresh as the season went a long.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada

Hmm, I personally disagree. I think Tatar has been the more useful player this year. That being said, neither is playing anywhere near the level that I expected. Both need to pick their game up a lot in the 2nd half of the season. More consistency is needed from both of them. I guess there is nothing wrong with a 50 point player, but I expected more from them.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Nyquist and Tatar need to score. Guys have had some chances and they need to get their pace back up.

They've been totally underwhelming. Both of them. They haven't found chemistry with anyone, it seems.

I think part of it is our center problem. Literally every single one of our centers - Z, Datsyuk, Richards, Sheahan, and Glen - look worse this year than last. And some weren't that great to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad