GDT: Red Wings @ Ducks Game 42 8:00 ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
And no, I did the math, the camera bulge is plenty high. Sheahan shot from about 62 feet away. Very shallow angle.

See how flimsy the net about the camera is? You don't think a puck going 90+ miles an hour won't zip through that? You think Sheahan's shot from ice level went over the cross bar and somehow dropped fast enough to hit the camera at that speed?

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
See how flimsy the net about the camera is? You don't think a puck going 90+ miles an hour won't zip through that? You think Sheahan's shot from ice level went over the cross bar and somehow dropped fast enough to hit the camera at that speed?

Yes, and easily.

Let's remember that Sheahan took a wrist shot, and not an ideal one, since he had a defender on him and he kind of rushed it. I'd guess it was going about 60mph, and you can see in most of the replays that it does not retain a very straight line. It does in fact arc vertically and begin to dip noticeably by the time it gets near the net.

I'm looking at a perfect side-on image of the net on my TV right now, and that camera bulge is higher than it appears in the photo posted above. It's plenty high enough, at least an inch higher than the crossbar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad