Friedman: Red Wings could potentially move Athanasiou?

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I get that it's probably not a good fit for the Oilers, but to call a 30+ GOAL Scorer, a 30 pt. scorer, come on dude.
Ok, fine. We can call RNH a 28 goal/69 point centre then?
Still laughable to think that the wings could get RNH for AA and some garbage that at best will help them in a couple years.
But anointing AA a 30 goal scorer or RNH a 28 goal scorer is stupid since they've only done it once.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Evidently AA had 0 assists last season.
He had 24 and how many goals does he have this year???

I was totally fair with the way I assessed both players through their career(Wings fans just got to butt hurt to correct me when I said RNH was a 50 point centre lol)

Both players are currently showing that last season was an anomaly not the norm

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Why did you forget to correct me that RNH had 28 goals and 69 points? Nice hot take
I didn’t know I needed to correct your entire post or just what I knew off the top of my head. You clearly don’t want to add any value to this thread so why even post in it or just trolling?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think it would be really bad to trade him for picks unless we're talking a top 15-20 pick. Wings have players they can move for picks, and they have lots of prospects, lots of youth. They don't really need to trade young players for more picks and move the rebuild even further down the road.

AA should only really be traded if the return is another young player that they feel fits in better with their plans, for example a young center or D.

It really depends on how long he expects the rebuild to last, I think. He really tore TB down and restocked everything. Within about four years, the only guys left from the previous GM was Stamkos and Hedman. Although MSL left under unforeseen circumstances, obviously. :p

I think it depends on AA's contract demands too. What we saw in TB is Yzerman really, really, REALLY likes to collect assets initially.

Reactions: Christien

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I didn’t know I needed to correct your entire post or just what I knew off the top of my head. You clearly don’t want to add any value to this thread so why even post in it or just trolling?
Oh waaaa. I called it like I see it. RNH is a 50 point centre and AA is a 30 point winger until they can prove more on a consistent basis.
Either way, A 69 point centre > 54 point winger

I dont see why you need to get defensive and accuse me of trolling. Dont melt

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
A.A. has scored 30 goals once. He isn't a 30 goal scorer. Is Galchenyuk a 30 goal scorer ?

You clearly missed my point. Is Mantha a 30 goal scorer? Mantha has never scored 30 in a season, AA has. You replied to me saying that AA isn't a 30 goal scorer (even though it is actually not an argument, and is a fact) and that Mantha is, yet in reality only 1 of the 2 of them scored 30 in a season.

I really don't know why this is so confusing...

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Oh waaaa. I called it like I see it. RNH is a 50 point centre and AA is a 30 point winger until they can prove more on a consistent basis.
Either way, A 69 point centre > 54 point winger

I dont see why you need to get defensive and accuse me of trolling. Dont melt
I never once said anything about a RNH trade since it clearly wouldn’t benefit both teams nor said RNH < AA. Just stating facts but if you can’t take it then skip over my posts. The only thing you can deal that would interest me and still make you competitive would be futures or Bouchard/Broberg. No point trading AA for less since he just hit 30.

TheUltimateOiler

Oct 21, 2019
You clearly missed my point. Is Mantha a 30 goal scorer? Mantha has never scored 30 in a season, AA has. You replied to me saying that AA isn't a 30 goal scorer (even though it is actually not an argument, and is a fact) and that Mantha is, yet in reality only 1 of the 2 of them scored 30 in a season.

I really don't know why this is so confusing...
Sorry my bad. Didn't make it clear.
Mantha is more talented and I would bet that he is a 30 goal scorer.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Other teams are going to want AA because he once scored 30 goals...but his value is, unfortunately for the Wings fans, not that of an actual 30 goal scorer.

Reactions: Rzombo4 prez

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Detroit has no need for depth forwards at this point. How about a 1st+2nd? AA is a young, blazing fast 30 goal scorer that is still under team control.

Hopefully a team similar to Vegas the year Tatar was moved.
He should bring a better return than Tatar.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
He had 24 and how many goals does he have this year???

I was totally fair with the way I assessed both players through their career(Wings fans just got to butt hurt to correct me when I said RNH was a 50 point centre lol)

Both players are currently showing that last season was an anomaly not the norm

You called a guy who scored 54 points in his third season a 30 point scorer.

Sooner or later you'll figure out the ignorance in your own statement.

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
You all realize AA is playing hurt right? His goals will come like they always do. Now the big question is does Stevie keep him or not?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad