GDT: red wings @ CAPITALS

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
What is it with 2nd periods this year and sucking? Is it something during intermission? Binge drinking

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
We've got like 2 shots in goal since the halfway point of the first period

Every single player looks terrible out there

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
C'mon guys. When it's a 2 on 1 with AA and Glendening, you should have AA with the puck at the end.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Yeah, Glendening did his job there, baited the D to move to him and got the puck to AA with tons of room to do his thing. Getting the pass back in a tight spot was probably a surprise for him too.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Gotta take the reigns here in the 3rd period. We own the 3rd this year.

JoesuffP

Feb 3, 2016
Vanek should be benched for that back check on Wilson’s goal. What’s worse is you can see him barking orders while he glides 6ft behind Wilson

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
It's amazing how invisible Abdelkader is most games.

Kronwall and Abby have been lauded as leaders for like the past 5 years but both of them have basically been invisible this season if they haven’t been noticeably bad. And it’s not just their production, it’s their focus/drive. It’s nowhere to be found. I understand that from Kronwall’s perspective - he might just be too broken down for this anymore - but Abby has no excuse.

I think that also speaks volumes about Larkin stepping up. This is of course just speculation on my part (but isn’t that most of what we do here?) but it seems like the vets have taken more of a hands off approach with Larkin at the helm.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Kronwall and Abby have been lauded as leaders for like the past 5 years but both of them have basically been invisible this season if they haven’t been noticeably bad. And it’s not just their production, it’s their focus/drive. It’s nowhere to be found. I understand that from Kronwall’s perspective - he might just be too broken down for this anymore - but Abby has no excuse.

I think that also speaks volumes about Larkin stepping up. This is of course just speculation on my part (but isn’t that most of what we do here?) but it seems like the vets have taken more of a hands off approach with Larkin at the helm.
It makes sense because other than games played, what right does Abby have to talk about anything?

Reactions: Reddwit

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Ehh. Looked like 2 tough goals to stop. No
Shame. Still a lot of things to be happy about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad