GDT: Red Wings @ Blackhawks - 8:30PM ET (preseason Game 5)

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
This game is crazy. We score they score we score they ......
Vanek with his 2nd.
Umm defense?? Bueller ...Bueller?

AHall88

Oct 1, 2006
I think some people are destined to hate AA forever, because he dared to play hardball with the club.
He still has his problems though, one amazing preseason game isn't going to undo those, but this move to center might be what he needed.

Reactions: 21 Savage

Grimm

Jul 21, 2017
That Witkowski hit was massive. I hope we see that all year honestly. You guys are nuts if you want him in the press box. I for one watch hockey to be entertained esp if we aren't exactly cup contenders...

Reactions: ShelbyZ and gbdet

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Yeah! A preseason game where both teams have decided to not play defense is any indication of how he will play in the regular season. Lets forget how last season he was mostly hot garbage unless he it was a game he gave a ****, which were few and far between.

Vanek makes AA tick bud. AA needs Vanek. Vanek however, doesnt need AA.

Use Vanek to help AA boost his production, trade AA for D-man, AA becomes next Tatar, win win

#Vanekisheretohelp
#Vanekonlyguywhocanscoreconsistenly
#tradeAAbcofVanek

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
That Witkowski hit was massive. I hope we see that all year honestly. You guys are nuts if you want him in the press box. I for one watch hockey to be entertained esp if we aren't exactly cup contenders...

Witkowski is good to have play 30-40 games. He's not a every day player.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

AHall88

Oct 1, 2006
Call me when AA puts up 34 goals.
AA already has 43 goals in his first 3 years(172 games) while Franzen had 49 in his first 3.(221 games)
Not to mention AA is a few years younger than Franzen was at this point.
It ain't out of the realm of possibility for AA to eventually put up 30 with his speed.(Plus AA doesn't seem to be made out of glass.)

Reactions: Cyborg Yzerberg

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Even if he put up 5 points in a regular season game you would still talk about his flaws and why he didn’t have 6 points .... just admit he has had a strong preseason and as a red wing fan hope he continues it during the regular season which I believe will happen

A vet having a good preseason is meaningless. Samuel Blais was leading the NHL preseason in goals. Want to put 10 dollars that he'll win the scoring championship this season?

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
AA already has 43 goals in his first 3 years(172 games) while Franzen had 49 in his first 3.(221 games)
Not to mention AA is a few years younger than Franzen was at this point.
It ain't out of the realm of possibility for AA to eventually put up 30 with his speed.(Plus AA doesn't seem to be made out of glass.)

Comparing a guy who came out of Sweden and was slotted as a checker when he first got here isn't the same as a guy who was always seen as an offensive guy and played on North American ice his whole life is a apt comparison.

AHall88

Oct 1, 2006
Comparing a guy who came out of Sweden and was slotted as a checker when he first got here isn't the same as a guy who was always seen as an offensive guy and played on North American ice his whole life is a apt comparison.
Okay, I won't call you when/if AA puts up 34 then.

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
Sulak has been pretty bad today.

No idea what game you are watching. He was out in the final minutes of the game holding the lead.

Sulak is going to have a big impact on the Wings D this year I think. A pretty noticeable improvement and it doesn't take a great eye. Big young and fast. What do you want?

If he doesn't make the team they are tanking. If they go with all the guys in their mid 30's the wings are f***ed.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

Yep if theyre gonna be bad might as well have some toughness in the lineup. And by 4th liner standards I dont really think Witkowski is a bad player honestly, not great but I would rather see him out there than a Cory Emmerton

Reactions: Grimm

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
I know it's just preseason and take everything with a grain of salt, but I've really impressed by how well they have played and how hard they have worked.

I know we will probably still blow lol but this gives me a little hope ha

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Okay, I won't call you when/if AA puts up 34 then.

Again, there are way too many variables here to make any type of comparisons. First this is the preseason when scrubs like Blais can lead the NHL in goals and many veterans played like they are checked out. Second, because over his first few seasons he's shown he can look amazing for a game or two then completely disappear. Third, because they had drastically different career paths, one playing the NA game his whole life, the other having to adjust to it.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
A vet having a good preseason is meaningless. Samuel Blais was leading the NHL preseason in goals. Want to put 10 dollars that he'll win the scoring championship this season?

I think Ty Rattie is now leading it with 6 goals.

He was once pretty equal player vs. Teemu Pulkkinen.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
No idea what game you are watching. He was out in the final minutes of the game holding the lead.

Sulak is going to have a big impact on the Wings D this year I think. A pretty noticeable improvement and it doesn't take a great eye. Big young and fast. What do you want?

If he doesn't make the team they are tanking. If they go with all the guys in their mid 30's the wings are ****ed.

Sulak was the worst defenceman of the ice. Both with eye-test and stats.

5-15 in scoring chances. Just couldn't get ot of the zone with Hicketts. Both looked like AHLrs tonight.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
I think Ty Rattie is now leading it with 6 goals.

He was once pretty equal player vs. Teemu Pulkkinen.

This is why I don't put much stock into preseason point totals. Some of the best players will float because they know what they are doing. Some will put on a clinic because they are playing against AHL players and players who are checked out. I think there is a lot more to watch than points, especially for young players. Their decision making, their skating, their ability to read plays.

Reactions: jkutswings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad