GDT: Red Wings @ Blackhawks - 8:30PM ET (preseason Game 5)

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Couldn't find anything from Twitter which is weird. They already know who is travelling to chicago and nobody isn't informing.

Only info is that DeKeyser, Daley and Ericsson are off, because of minor "tweaks". They should play against Boston.

So that leaves Kronwall, Saarijärvi, Cholowski, Hronek, Sulak, Hicketts, Jensen + some possible AHL scrub for the trip to Chicago.

How I would do it:

-to Chicago
Kronwall - Saarijärvi
Cholowski - Sulak
Lashoff - Jensen

-to Boston
Ericsson - Daley
DeKeyser - Hronek
Hicketts - McIlrath

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Couldn't find anything from Twitter ...

How I would do it:

-to Chicago
Kronwall - Saarijärvi
Cholowski - Sulak
Lashoff - Jensen

-to Boston
Ericsson - Daley
DeKeyser - Hronek
Hicketts - McIlrath

Can Sulak play RHD?
Also, even though Hicketts is a LHD, iirc, can't he play either side?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Why not test it. These are the games to test.

Let's not kid ourselves we have 82 games of testing things in the regular season too.:laugh:

I don't see where Hicketts fits. The better prospects have caught him and we should be looking at a free agent or two in the coming off-seasons. If Karlsson or Trouba hit free agency we need to be aggressive. But he is a clear fourth and in my opinion really 5th behind Vili even though I want him at Grand Rapids. So he is already losing to the prospects we have. We have guys that have contracts on the team, we should hopefully be players for Karlsson or Trouba and hopefully a D or two from last few drafts Lindstrom, Kotkansalo and McIsaac become something or something from this coming draft or two. I mean Hicketts isn't better than Jensen right now and we might need to free up his spot for the guys that are beating Hicketts in the competition right now.

I know why people like Joe Hicketts. I am not sure why we care about trying him in several different roles. He will be lucky to carve out bottom pairing guy and we have one of the worst existing D-cores in the league. I know what Blashill tried to sell there, but I am not buying it, he is 6/7 guy at best really.

Last edited:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Should be something like:

Akader - Larkin - Mantha
Vanek - AA - Zadina
Smith - Helm - Svechnikov
Puempel - Megan/Ehn - Witkowski

No Tyler Bertuzzi there, so I think Abdelkader will take his spot. And this line will be starting season 1st line.

Kronwall - Hronek
Cholowski - Hamilton
Sulak - Hicketts
(Chelios)

Säteri
Howard

Hopefully Svech is getting a shot with the Larkin-Mantha pairing with Bertuzzi not making the trip.

Hope the same, but I predict it will be Abdelkader.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Should be something like:

Akader - Larkin - Mantha
Vanek - AA - Zadina
Smith - Helm - Svechnikov
Puempel - Megan/Ehn - Witkowski

No Tyler Bertuzzi there, so I think Abdelkader will take his spot. And this line will be starting season 1st line.

Kronwall - Hronek
Cholowski - Hamilton
Sulak - Hicketts
(Chelios)

Säteri
Howard

I would give Svech the spot tonight. He played with both guys at times at the tail-end of last year. Good evaluation for him.

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
That's a pretty strong squad for pre season, the organisation must want to win a few games while they can:sarcasm:
#preseasonchamps

cjeagle

Jul 10, 2016
Chicago
anybody know the redwings radio station for tonight. I am watching the livestream of the game on nbcsportschicago but I would rather listen to audio from the redwings.

Update: Never mind. It is on WWJ 950. Thanks.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Seems the 1st 2 lines are look in like what we may have at the start of the season.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Seems the 1st 2 lines are look in like what we may have at the start of the season.

Helm - Larkin - Mantha
AKader - AA - Vanek
Svechni - Ehn - Zadina
Smith - Megan - Witkowski

Kronwall - Cholowski
Hicketts - Sulak
Chelios - Hronek

Cholowski and Sulak first time on right side. Nice test.

masta8

Apr 26, 2018
Aa is killing it. I was one of the few during the summer that really believed he was going to breakout and be productive.. I know it’s preseason but he looks amazing out there so far

Reactions: H3ckt1k

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad