GDT: Red Wings @ Blackhawks 7pm NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Might be the end of this experiment.
hopefully...

I said early today that I would be playing KL back 2 back...

Subban sucks balls, he is a rebound machine, is positionally terrible which results in him flopping around on the ice like a fish, at times he makes a nice save as a result but for the most part he sucks

Reactions: HLLYWD99

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Colliton needs to quit over thinking and go back to exactly what was working. Because this right here isn’t working.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Really bad loss.

Bernier was great

team D was horrible

Kane couldn’t finish

pk has been awful of late

Subban bad

zadorov was the worst player on the ice.

must win game tomorrow.

Reactions: wahsnairb

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
That's coaching, it's the push back entry and that's what they've been doing for years.
it's literally the neutral zone blueprint strategy we have done for years and every unit does it. I hate it and I don't know why we are adamant on doing it. it's also boqvists biggest weakness, his drop passes on the push back need a lot of work

surfzone365

Jan 13, 2021
Ashburn, VA
Awful loss. Hawks made them look like the 1997 Red Wings. It was a stinker but hopefully they atone for their f-ups next game. FFS...

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
This is what this season is for, learning. And i think we learned tonight that Subban needs to remain the backup. This should not be a 1A and 1B scenario for the rest of the season with both him and Lankinen alternating and playing an even amount.

The defense, mainly de Haan and Zadorov, continues to scare me too. I honestly feel more comfortable about the rookies right now than i do with those 2. Its sad.

Overall the team can't be giving up this many goals to DET. Combined pathetic display by our goalie and the team defense. This is what you're gonna get.

But again, we learned something. However small it may be. We 100% know(and this hasn't changed since opening night and never will this season) that we aren't winning the Cup. If we make the playoffs and get another mini-post season run for the youth(added experience)?? Great. If not? So what, we're a young, steadily improving team that's without its top 2 centers(EDM, TOR, PIT, etc...picture these teams, or any team, dealing with that same thing. Not so easy to make the post season now is it?). We're rebuilding. And for the 2nd straight year i see Hawks players names flooding the rookie leaderboards. Heading in the right direction either way.

Like I've been saying its an odd feeling, at least for me, not having to worry. Not having any stress following a loss. The big picture is all that matters. Its an enjoyable part of the ride. We're fun to watch, and we've got nothing to lose/zero expectations.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Like I said, we weren't going to win 8 games against Detroit and we're not going to lose 8 games against Tampa. Let's move on. We had some bad puck luck but then against Columbus they sure hit a lot of posts.

We can't make too much out of this.

Geoist

May 1, 2015
The defense, mainly de Haan and Zadorov, continues to scare me too. I honestly feel more comfortable about the rookies right now than i do with those 2. Its sad.

It's sad, but at the same time it's reassuring of the future of this team's defense. We all know CdH and Zadorov are not the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad