Keith Mitchell
Zadorov Murphy
De hann Boqvist

Subban Lankinen

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I’m not sure what station it’s on in Chicago, but it doesn’t appear to be on nbcsn.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
First time this year I’ll be super disappointed if we don’t win. I’ve bought in to continuing to win now.

Stock up points before March.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
The one thing I will say is that we have won four against Detroit. I don't think it's likely we will sweep eight games so if we do lose one this weekend it's not the end of the world.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Wings / Hawks Lines

Fabbri Larkin Mantha / Cat Suter Kane
Ryan Namestikov Zadina / Janmark Soderberg Kurashev
Erne Glendening Helm / Hagel Wallmark Kubalik
Brome Filppula Gagner / Highmore Kampf Carpenter

DeKeyser Hronek / Keith Mitchell
Staal Merrill / Zadorov Murphy
Djoos Nemeth / De hann Boqvist

Bernier Griess / Subban Lankinen

I'm not sure you could make a good team out of combining these lineups. Yeesh!

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I'm not sure you could make a good team out of combining these lineups. Yeesh!

4 teams make the playoffs per division I think? Hawks are in a playoff spot at the moment unless Dallas won all 6 of their games in hand... and the Hawks have a point on Carolina who has two games in hand.

Not to mention the Hawks could very easily pick up 4 points between today and tomorrow and they already have a considerable lead on Dallas point % wise. 12th league wide point % wise.

All while missing our best two centers.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
4 teams make the playoffs per division I think? Hawks are in a playoff spot at the moment unless Dallas won all 6 of their games in hand... and the Hawks have a point on Carolina who has two games in hand.

Not to mention the Hawks could very easily pick up 4 points between today and tomorrow and they already have a considerable lead on Dallas point % wise.

All while missing our best two centers.

Granted, the Hawks have over achieved this season, especially considering the players they're missing - and I'm overjoyed with it. I only meant that the lineup, at least on paper, is not exactly inspiring. And then you add in Detroit who has many of their best prospects not yet in the NHL and you end up with two very uninspiring lineups.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
This is a bad take.

Take the lineup from one of the Hawks Cup winning teams and tell me which of the players in the Hawks lineup tonight would be able to make that team. Do the same for the last Wings' Cup winning team. Maybe a handful, total? I'm not even sure the 2021 Keith could make the 2015 Hawks lineup. Kane is the only certainty.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Granted, the Hawks have over achieved this season, especially considering the players they're missing - and I'm overjoyed with it. I only meant that the lineup, at least on paper, is not exactly inspiring. And then you add in Detroit who has many of their best prospects not yet in the NHL and you end up with two very uninspiring lineups.

Young guys finding their game in Mitchell, Boqvist, Kurashev, Hagel, and Beaudin’s brief stint.

Zadorov finding a groove and playing a really solid defensive game and punishing opponents.

Kaner still playing at an elite level and Keith still playing really really well.

Not to mention the team as a whole finally buying in and working their asses off every single night. Can’t blame a single loss this entire season due to lack of effort.

I dunno... inspiring to me. Sometimes you make your own luck and win games when you leave it all out there.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Take the lineup from one of the Hawks Cup winning teams and tell me which of the players in the Hawks lineup tonight would be able to make that team. Do the same for the last Wings' Cup winning team. Maybe a handful, total? I'm not even sure the 2021 Keith could make the 2015 Hawks lineup. Kane is the only certainty.

The terrible takes continue.

Timonen, TvR, Cumiskey, and f***ing Rundblad all saw ice in the 2015 Cup finals at some point.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
What an unexpectedly fun season. As long as the Hawks keep playing with high intensity and make the right decisions, I'm happy. They're squeezing pretty close to the maximum out of their talent right now. Of course, I want four points this weekend. :laugh:

Reactions: BobbyJet

WeAreSoPucked

Jan 15, 2021
The terrible takes continue.
Timonen, TvR, Cumiskey, and f***ing Rundblad all saw ice in the 2015 Cup finals at some point.

And I recollect correctly, Brookbank suited during Seabrook's "Wakey wakey" time out.

Fwiw tho ... TvR ... still would like to see him our 3rd pairing. Swift of skate? No but, slow & steady + Hi puck IQ offset, something to be said for too, you know. ;-)
GoHawks

WeAreSoPucked

Jan 15, 2021
Watched some of the Wings against the Perds other night. DET looked good.
The wheels won't make the playoffs but doesn't mean they're not capable of beating NHL clubs any given night.
March schmarch - I ain't looking past tonight. No gimmes in pro hockey these days.
And it ain't like the Beloved exactly top tier talent either.
60 minutes strong tonight.
GoHawks.

Reactions: Mrfenn92 and RayP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad