- Refs choosing to dictate the game
----------------- Defensemen
- Sutter
- Kunitz
- Horny getting injured :shakehead

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Back-to-back home losses against Eastern playoff teams, get outscored 7 - 1, and lose Malkin and Hornqvist in the process....

Bring it on, playoffs!

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Love how 72 was an ironman before he got here and seems to get hurt every other month now. This is not a criticism of 72.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Yeahhh if Horny is out long-term, that means Adams every game and Kunitz with Crosby.

I'm just about done with this season then lol.

shaler79

May 7, 2013
Michigan
+++ Sid was pretty good offensively today
+++ Hornqvist never takes off a shift, hustles and gets his nose dirty all of the time

----Undisciplined clowns Letang, Kunitz, Sutter, even Downie... this has been a problem for 2 to 3 years now and when playoff time comes teams will try to get under the Pens skin and it always works. They haven't changed and put Geno in that category too.. but at least Geno gets p**ssed and takes it out by going into beast mode.
----Lovejoy I don't see what the 27 assistant GMs saw in him....how can he be any better than Despres
---Scuderi...nuff said
----Coaching staff... you want a shake up take the "A" off of Kunitz and give it to Hornqvist.... guy deserves it and it might shake up this team, since there really isn't much else GM Rutherford can do

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
Doesn't make sense for him to let Despres or Bortuzzo go then. I don't like him one bit.

He might like young players but maybe those two just weren't his idea of what he wants to ice. I've said this and will continue. Nobody was more responsible for trading Despres & Bortuzzo then Mike Johnston. If he liked them as players, they would still be here.

PGHSports

Feb 24, 2007
+++ Sid was pretty good offensively today
+++ Hornqvist never takes off a shift, hustles and gets his nose dirty all of the time

----Undisciplined clowns Letang, Kunitz, Sutter, even Downie... this has been a problem for 2 to 3 years now and when playoff time comes teams will try to get under the Pens skin and it always works. They haven't changed and put Geno in that category too.. but at least Geno gets p**ssed and takes it out by going into beast mode.
----Lovejoy I don't see what the 27 assistant GMs saw in him....how can he be any better than Despres
---Scuderi...nuff said
----Coaching staff... you want a shake up take the "A" off of Kunitz and give it to Hornqvist.... guy deserves it and it might shake up this team, since there really isn't much else GM Rutherford can do

If this team fails in the playoffs this year, they will be a huge shakeup. No way they continue with the same core.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Somebody explain to me what Downie is supposed to do about that second misconduct. He gets speared in the balls and gets 10 minutes for shoving the guy who did it? This has nothing to do with him keeping his cool or staying disciplined. This is every ref in the league holding him to standards no other players are held to. The organization needs to file a complaint with the league. You would think Downie was Hitler re-incarnated ffs.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Somebody explain to me what Downie is supposed to do about that second misconduct. He gets speared in the balls and gets 10 minutes for shoving the guy who did it? This has nothing to do with him keeping his cool or staying disciplined. This is every ref in the league holding him to standards no other players are held to. The organization needs to file a complaint with the league. You would think Downie was Hitler re-incarnated ffs.

He broke a referee's foot on purpose 7 or 8 years ago and they've never forgotten that or forgiven him.

hiptanaka

Jan 12, 2006
Woonsocket
I still find it hilarious how Rutherford classified Lovejoy as a "hitter" and Despres as a "fighter". Im not even mad about it anymore, it's just downright comical now.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
He is better then Lovejoy IMO and plus he is one of the few that will hit.

Team is still soft.

Got far softer with Lovejoy. Just don't understand why collect all these mobile defenseman and then put shackles on them. He let's Letang and sometimes Pouliot roam all over the ice, why not the rest of these D as well.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I'll keep saying it until it happens; Sutter and Kunitz need to go. It's not a matter of me disliking them as players, this team needs to be rid of them. They're terrible by themselves, and they make those around them worse.

This summer is gonna be huge for this team. We're either going to do the work to become a legitimate Cup contender/favorite again, or we're going to make it blatantly clear that we're completely fine with being a terrible hockey team buoyed by two future Hall of Famers who mask all of the other issues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad