Post-Game Talk: Red hot Cats use a Vatrano hatty (with help from Bob and Lehner) to edge Hawks, win 6th straight!

Do you care about the all-star game?

• Total voters

LastOfADyingBeard

Someone please call Yandle a cab
Mar 23, 2016
Hopefully they don't forget how to play over break
that was my biggest fear. that they started this streak right before a long break and it could really take the momentum away from us.... hate to think that is possible

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
At times when Bob over commits to plays it's like he's trying to go for a highlight save when he leaves most of the net empty and then trying to scramble back to make a save

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Whohoo! 6 in a row!! Congrats, Cats!

tgiving-streaking.gif

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Nice keep away to hold on to that win.

Despite Bob's boneheaded move with his goalie stick on that 3rd goal but he still played great. At times we had no business being in that game and we still pulled out the W.

All 4 lines look good right now and look like they can contribute which is something a lot of us were harping on earlier this season. Credit to Coach Q for finding these lines and sticking to them to allow chemistry to form. Vatrano's play and new found confidence is concrete evidence of that.

Tough going into a break right now but it's not all that bad. The team goes into the break on a real high and we get to rest some guys as well as get Weegs and maybe Driedger back. I think these guys can pick up right where they left off. They look like they are having a ton of fun out there. Total 180 from about a month ago.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
HUGE win. Four points up now on the Maple Laughs, and a SIX GAME WIN STREAK.

I was begging for them to win more than three consecutive games earlier in the season. They’ve delivered! This is what happens when every offensive line is clicking.

Hoffman and Trocheck, who I wanted to strap to a rocket and send to Mars a few weeks ago, have bounced back during this streak.

Vatrano has come alive offensively.

Ekblad was a BEAST on both sides of the puck tonight.

Let’s hope they keep this up after the break. Let’s gun for second in the Atlantic!

Fern111

Dec 20, 2015
The way this team is having fun reminds me of the 2015-2016 season all over again. I know it's aged very poorly but the "Spacey in Space" thing had a real uniting factor to this team and it's what I'm seeing night in and night out from this team. From the Bean Bag Boys interview, the Toyota Prius, Huberdeau's disgusting dangles and Trocheck getting his game back to what it used to be and having a competent coach on top of that.

This could have happened a few years ago but Rowe had to f*** it all up, seems like we've finally put the train back on track.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Ekblad probably played the best defensively I’ve ever seen from him. He’s normally great but today he was an absolute freak.

It would be icing on the cake if he could skate better. This gets him in trouble sometimes..

Other than that I agree that he has been a beast

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Usually when I miss my picks, it's because I'm too early.

A a few games ago, I said Frankie was going to pop off. I might have been a little early on that call, but ultimately I think I was right. :hockey:

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
wonder if Dale will make some trades before 2/24...we might need some shutdown D for a playoff push and subsequent playoff series

We'll see...but we have to be realistic, this team is not build for playoffs. Our chances to win a round with this D and average goaltending are pretty low. We'll be buyers at the TDL, but I'm not expecting big trades. High drafts picks and young players will not be sacrified IMO

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
It’s collectively 6 teams fighting for 4 spots in the eastern conference.

NYI, CAR, CBJ, PHL, FLA and TOR.
I think we’re gonna make it.

Reactions: harv33173

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad