Friedman: Recent offer to Shane Pinto was in the 1 year, $1M range

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
How are you so dumb, that you bet on games as a pro like Pinto here. I don't give a shit that he bet on stuff, he knows what will happen if caught, yet he does it. Zero sense of self-preservation.

22 years old, only did 2 years in college and just played hockey the rest of the way. Pretty much the hallmark of college kid and I'm not so sure self-preservation is incredibly high for that age bracket.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
If the sens do sign him, does his contract count against the cap if he is suspended for half the year?

Is it like being on ltir?

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
If the sens do sign him, does his contract count against the cap if he is suspended for half the year?

I'm not sure, but is there even an incentive to sign him before the suspension is up at all?

Not sure what the new 'December 1st' date is, but it's presumably on or after the Sens 41st game which is January 20th vs Winnipeg.

2.5 seems fair

Depends for how long. At 8yrs then it's a steal for Ottawa for example.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011

If it was a suspension for something done in-game it would count against the cap. It won't as far as I know when the player is suspended for something off-ice. For example Austin Watsons suspension for domestic violence did not count against the cap.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
There is no new date.
Pinto can, and could, sign at any point in the season.
From my understanding, technically he still has to sign before the cut off date. Also the Sens have rescinded their offers so he is stuck with the qualifying offer.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
From my understanding, technically he still has to sign before the cut off date. Also the Sens have rescinded their offers so he is stuck with the qualifying offer.
The December 1 cut off is just for Group 2 Free Agents
11.4 Signing Deadline for Group 2 Free Agent. An SPC for a Group 2 Free Agent will be rejected and will be null and void ab initio (i.e., the Player's Free Agency and contractual status shall revert to the status he held prior to signing his SPC), if it is not signed and filed with Central Registry by 5:00 p.m. New York time on December 1 in the then current NHL Season
Pinto is not a Group 2 Free Agent, he's an unsigned player under 10.2 (c) Players With Fewer Than Three Years of Professional Experience.

Reactions: AslanRH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad