Friedman: Recent offer to Shane Pinto was in the 1 year, $1M range

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Goes to show how little we actually know on the other side.

All speculation and "insider reports" were that neither camp was happy, that they couldn't agree on terms, that Pinto wanted a trade, that OTT didn't sign him because they filled their cap, etc.

While some of those aspects may contribute to the overall state of him being contactless, nobody had it pegged that he was currently under investigation and that the Senators were respecting his privacy during the process, and that he wants to be with the team still
That never happened.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
At this point, 2 successive 1-year contracts makes more sense than a 2-year contract. They could sign a 1-year contract ASAP in order to keep the cap proration as low as possible. Then in January, sign another 1 year extension.

Although, if you're the Senators, maybe you think the best leverage play is to just go 1 year.

sennysensen

Feb 7, 2018
According to Elliotte Friedman, "The next question is how the Senators will handle the situation. It’s believed that one reason Pinto has not asked for a trade is that he appreciates the organization’s secrecy about the investigation."

Last edited:

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Is that what happened or what you wanted to happen?
It's what he wanted to happen.

According to Elliotte Friedman, "The next question is how the Senators will handle the situation. It’s believed that one reason Pinto has not asked for a trade is that he appreciates the organization’s secrecy about the investigation."

I'm not saying it happened
Others were saying.

I think you both missed the point of my post :laugh:

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
It was never reported by anyone that Pinto requested a trade. Quite the opposite actually. Friedman said numerous times he doesn't want to leave.
Feel free to comb through the numerous posts on here and elsewhere claiming Pinto was holding out because he didn't want to play for the Sens.

Again, it's crap nonsense. I'm with you on this one. Friedman refuted it too

That was the point of my post. So much speculation, so many rumours, yet we knew so little.

Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Is that deal still on the table or did they change it to a parlay?

wew-antonio-banderas.gif

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand cue excessive and insulting lowball offers for Pinto from 31 NHL team fanbases...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad