'Really disgusting': Jets fan says he was punched, robbed of his jersey in Montreal

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
The moral of the story is don't walk home alone and keep your jersey on of any team if it isn't the home team or you know they do have taxi's and uber in montreal it's really not that hard to blend in.

thres’s no excuse and you shouldn’t have to. Playful joking and ribbing is fine but anyone who assaults someone cause they cheer for a different hockey team is a loser and needs to get a life.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
thres’s no excuse and you shouldn’t have to. Playful joking and ribbing is fine but anyone who assaults someone cause they cheer for a different hockey team is a loser and needs to get a life.

Gotta realize your surroundings. Shit escalates so fast from ribbing.

If I was alone in an opposing city I would 100% take off my jersey after the game.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
First off let me say no fan should have to worry about being attacked for wearing a jersey. It's ridiculous. Embarassing.

But....you gotta know when to take off that jersey. Or not wear it at all.

Again, it shouldn't be that way. But it is.

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
I saw the CTV video, the guy is a Leafs fan, he wears a Peg jersey and seems pretty expressive around thousands of celebrating Habs fans.. Just saying..

Go try this in Philly..

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I don't get why people get so tribalistic over sports. I wore my Everett Silvertips jersey to Save-on-Foods Memorial Centre when they eliminated the Victoria Royals in Game 6 and fortunately had no issues whatever. Fans were shaking my hand wishing me luck in the next round and everything.

I'd never wear an opposing jersey to an NHL game though. Too afraid to.
your fears are unfounded ( at least in the away arena's I've been in). then again, our fans travel well

Reactions: Stive Morgan

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011

I saw the CTV video, the guy is a Leafs fan, he wears a Peg jersey and seems pretty expressive around thousands of celebrating Habs fans.. Just saying..

Go try this in Philly..

I wore my habs jersery to sit first row in the upper level in philly. was there banter ? sure. were any batteries thrown ? not that I noticed. did I ever fell threatened ? no, it was fine.
Same in st louis, same in nashville.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
For all his faults, Molson is a good owner and seems to be a good guy too.
Props to him!

Wish the dudes who beat down that peg fan get arrested ASAP.
We don't need those assclowns in the fandom.
Good gesture sure but like the jersey cost him basically couch change and he got good publicity. I don't mean to shit on Molsons good gesture but its nothing to him in terms of cost and he got way more on the publicity. I think most fans knew this was coming at least I did anyways.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Honestly what's up with Canadian team fanbases doing the worst sh-t? You don't see this happen in the NBA. Sure you got fans trying to throw popcorn at players but why do Canuck fans throw riots and now this?
I'm sorry but the idea that this kind of violence is endemic to hockey is absurd. It happens in every sport. Go into the wrong pub after a soccer game and you might get a knife in the eye.

And to all those scoffing at the notion that you should be more careful when wearing an opposing team's jersey, let's ease up on the outrage. We all know that this was a disgusting act and should never happen to anyone but we do live in the real world, where we have to evaluate risk. The original poster of that comment was being a bit callous/flippant and, no, it's not the "moral of the story". But you have to understand the risk you're taking by promoting yourself as a supporter of the "opponent", since sports events have a habit of attracting toxic drunken idiots. You don't ever want to blame the victim but it should be a sobering example that there are enough idiots in the world that you have to be careful.

I have been harassed by a pack of drunks, while wearing a Canucks jersey to an LA Kings game (4 on 1). It was actually getting pretty heated and was working it's way toward a physical confrontation, until my friends caught up with us and helped diffuse the situation (the drunks were all paper men). I was livid with the situation and it pretty much ruined my night. After that, I decided never to wear another team's jersey to an opposing rink, even though it is completely in my right to do so. I haven't had an issue since. Unfortunately, a lot of the precautions we take in our life are a result of the few jackasses who ruin it for everyone else.

Last edited:

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
lol people really forget that’s it’s just a damn game

even a lot of these players battling against each other will be seen hanging out or training together in the off-season and yet some fans act like this is an actual war

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Ah, I love fanatics. The classic, a punch and jersey tossing. Rivalry baby.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016

Go try this in Philly..
The fact he said "I am also a Leafs fan" had me curious, was he essentially trolling the Canadiens and is really a Leafs fan and a fan of whoever plays the Canadiens? Not that he deserves to get beat up but still

Reactions: Samhockey3

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
do you have an adult that can explain things to you?

That bad shit happens? Like what are you on about. Do you not lock your doors? Just hope they respect your stuff haha

I've seen after game scuffles tons of times. You can see it coming from a mile away.

Reactions: ACLEVERNAME

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
That bad shit happens? Like what are you on about. Do you not lock your doors? Just hope they respect your stuff haha

I've seen after game scuffles tons of times. You can see it coming from a mile away.
yea, next time the guy should really put himself in a position to protect himself from 3 drunk people wanting to jump him for the simple fact that the jersey he was wearing is a different colors, that is a totally reasonable take, it really shouldn't be on the guys who got drunk and decided it would be okay to do that...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad