'Really disgusting': Jets fan says he was punched, robbed of his jersey in Montreal

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
yea, next time the guy should really put himself in a position to protect himself from 3 drunk people wanting to jump him for the simple fact that the jersey he was wearing is a different colors, that is a totally reasonable take it really shouldn't be on the guys who got drunk and decided it would be really to do that...

Well ya, he's definitely going to wear a jacket next time.

No shortage of idiots willing to start shit.

Confused Turnip

Nov 29, 2019
For all his faults, Molson is a good owner and seems to be a good guy too.
Props to him!

Wish the dudes who beat down that peg fan get arrested ASAP.
We don't need those assclowns in the fandom.
Molson and Bergevin both seem decent unless I missed something big. Although I'm told hating Bergevin is actually compulsory for Habs fans so maybe I'd feel differently in that position. :laugh:

Confused Turnip

Nov 29, 2019
Good gesture sure but like the jersey cost him basically couch change and he got good publicity. I don't mean to shit on Molsons good gesture but its nothing to him in terms of cost and he got way more on the publicity. I think most fans knew this was coming at least I did anyways.
"Here's a shirt and a cap kid. Sorry that you got the shit beat outta ya" - Billionaire sports owner
What, precisely, would have been enough?

Confused Turnip

Nov 29, 2019
And unfortunately one you can't really control, people are A-holes. Sports aside walking alone downtown in any big city late at night isn't a great plan.

Not blaming the kid, but everyone keep yourselves safe cause there are terrible people out there and we can't stop them all.
I really hope this isn't true where you live. This is the lifeblood of most cities.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I really hope this isn't true where you live. This is the lifeblood of most cities.

I live in the heart of Downtown Toronto (near the Eaton Centre). I'm 200lbs and in good shape. As a general rule, walking around late at night away from social events isn't a safe plan.

In this example the kid was a 40min walk away from the Bell centre. I would be okay walking around the Scotia bank arena alone after a game but I wouldn't walk around Bloor and Younge after everything in that area closed for the night alone. General rule for me.

dubey

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ 60 in 73 $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
I live in the heart of Downtown Toronto (near the Eaton Centre). I'm 200lbs and in good shape. As a general rule, walking around late at night away from social events isn't a safe plan.

In this example the kid was a 40min walk away from the Bell centre. I would be okay walking around the Scotia bank arena alone after a game but I wouldn't walk around Bloor and Younge after everything in that area closed for the night alone. General rule for me.
lol

You're definitely East of Yonge. The heart of the city in terms of nightlife and activity is pretty safe. And I only say it's unsafe just because there's clearly an issue with drugs and homelessness in that area.

Reactions: Confused Turnip

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
lol

You're definitely East of Yonge. The heart of the city in terms of nightlife and activity is pretty safe. And I only say it's unsafe just because there's clearly an issue with drugs and homelessness in that area.

I live right near Ryerson/Eaton centre, also did you not notice me write away from social events? I agree right near active nightlife isn't a big deal. But walking around an area with everything around closed by yourself is not a very safe plan. Atleast in my books.

This kid was no where near the Bell centre and bars aren't exactly booming atm.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Disappointing. Usually Canadians are good at being nice off the ice, even if they are mostly goons as soon as they put their skates on.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
No excuse for what?

Drunk guys cause shit, this isn't new. Gotta protect yourself.

I go to the bar a lot. Honestly never been in a bar fight but apparently if someone assaults me I just gotta move on cause drunk guys cause shit lol. Grow up.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Molson and Bergevin both seem decent unless I missed something big. Although I'm told hating Bergevin is actually compulsory for Habs fans so maybe I'd feel differently in that position. :laugh:

Problem with Bergevin is that he's really, really good at one thing, and terrible at everything else.

When it comes to trading players, aside of the obvious Drouin/Sergatchev, he hit a couple of home runs.
Petry for bullshit, Danault for scrap, those are incredible trades. He actually got a future 1c by trading for him. It never happens, but Bergevin did it.

Drafting players and giving contracts, he's TERRIBLE at those. If Molson could hire someone to help Bergevin with those, it would greatly help

Biggest problem of Molson is that he enables Bergevin to be terrible because Molson love his team so much, that he wants to be part of it. He named himself Habs President, and don't want to act against Bergevin. That's an issue. Otherwise, he LOVES his team, he has deep, deep pockets and don't care about throwing money left and right to improve it. As an owner, he's one of the best, for sure. But he's a terrible team president.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Good gesture sure but like the jersey cost him basically couch change and he got good publicity. I don't mean to shit on Molsons good gesture but its nothing to him in terms of cost and he got way more on the publicity. I think most fans knew this was coming at least I did anyways.

What else do you want him to do? Capture the assholes who did that? That's the police's job.
Hopefully those morons will get caught and the Peg fan will than truly have Justice.

dubey

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ 60 in 73 $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
I live right near Ryerson/Eaton centre, also did you not notice me write away from social events? I agree right near active nightlife isn't a big deal. But walking around an area with everything around closed by yourself is not a very safe plan. Atleast in my books.

This kid was no where near the Bell centre and bars aren't exactly booming atm.
Sure but I also wouldn't blanket downtown Toronto as unsafe when it isn't

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
What a shame. And, another reason why the reputation for Philly fans should stop. Fandom gets out of hand just about anywhere and a few individuals should not define an entire base.

ACLEVERNAME

No content.
Jan 6, 2010
Oof...
This may be considered a bad take but this is exactly where the whole 'love is love' and 'stop hate' ideologies get you. Bunch of pie in the sky hippies with their wallets hanging out of their back pockets repeating to themselves "nothing will happen because everything is good." Of course other brainwashed folk will fork out their own money to 'help' which in the end is just a way to keep up the delusion for themselves and their cult mentality.

Dude gets mugged, earns some swag and learns no life lessons in the end. f***in beauty.

boompuffboom

Jul 10, 2007
Your trying to make Scheifele look bad but in all honesty you really just made yourself look bad.

Trying to insert controversy into a thread that has nothing to do about Scheifele is pretty deplorable

if a sense of humor is controversial, you're hopeless young lady

Confused Turnip

Nov 29, 2019

Are you kidding me? You're scared of Downtown Toronto at night? Queen doesn't even get going until midnight. Are you trying to spend your night in St James Town or something?

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
This may be considered a bad take but this is exactly where the whole 'love is love' and 'stop hate' ideologies get you. Bunch of pie in the sky hippies with their wallets hanging out of their back pockets repeating to themselves "nothing will happen because everything is good." Of course other brainwashed folk will fork out their own money to 'help' which in the end is just a way to keep up the delusion for themselves and their cult mentality.

Dude gets mugged, earns some swag and learns no life lessons in the end. f***in beauty.

It's a bad take, yeah.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia

Most people can't accept that the world is a dangerous place whether we like it or not. I always follow the golden rule of street smarts, keep your head up and mouth shut. (Not that it's the fan's fault what happened to him) I don't think this case is a good example, but I agree with the sentiment in general.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->