'Really disgusting': Jets fan says he was punched, robbed of his jersey in Montreal

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Horrible. Also downtown montreal has become douchebag country. I won’t even go hang out after the pandemic. Thugs renting all the AirB&b, guns (wtf), gangs... Rich kids in fancy cars getting drunk and wannabe-s emulating. Puke. Really sorry for that guy, yeah hopefully Geoff M. hooks him up or something.

Reactions: Confused Turnip

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Not surprised TBH, been to a few games in Montreal and decent amount of their fans are just embarrassments.

Confused Turnip

Nov 29, 2019
Horrible. Also downtown montreal has become douchebag country. I won’t even go hang out after the pandemic. Thugs renting all the AirB&b, guns (wtf), gangs... Rich kids in fancy cars getting drunk and wannabe-s emulating. Puke. Really sorry for that guy, yeah hopefully Geoff M. hooks him up or something.
Toronto clamped down hard on this stuff after Drake's Bridle Path mansion got shot up by one of these groups. They're mostly coming from the US or sometimes certain suburbs anyway. Well that and the occasional little emperor syndrome type.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011

this should not have happened, but I do not understand why presumably habs fans would want to tear off and burn the jersey of a team that they just handily swept. this isnt like the leafs jersey who burned his killer jersey in the barbecue.

then again St-Catherines and St-hubert at 11:30 at night, this may mot make the top ten of bad judgement decisions for the week.

Ribbing of road team fans is fine but the NHL doesn't want to mimic mlb.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Maybe he was talking **** to people though? There are always two sides of every story.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
I don't know why but I'm not even surprised. Imagine if they manage to win the cup. There will be riots and literally fire everywhere. :laugh:

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
The moral of the story is don't walk home alone and keep your jersey on of any team if it isn't the home team or you know they do have taxi's and uber in montreal it's really not that hard to blend in.
Montreal must the be the worst city in the World, if you have to live in fear and can't just walk away normally after leaving a game. Pretty awful city, where you get attacked for something you wear. Sad world where you can't walk alone and mind your own business and have live in fear if you don't do things the way thugs want.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Charge and ban the culprits from future Habs games. My guess is the Jets will get the fans contact information and send him a jersey or two.

Terrible to see this stuff happen, usually going to a game as an away fan is a really fun experience. I always love the (usually) playful banter with home fans. Sucks when a small group ruins that experience.

George Clooney

Jan 29, 2014
Maybe they ll get suspended 4 games. Maybe they will say its excessive and are close to be a dynasty. Who knows...

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
The moral of the story is don't walk home alone and keep your jersey on of any team if it isn't the home team or you know they do have taxi's and uber in montreal it's really not that hard to blend in.

Soooooo don’t dress a certain way In a certain neighbour hood if you don’t want to get assaulted?

Bold take

Rapsfan

Jun 7, 2021
Honestly what's up with Canadian team fanbases doing the worst sh-t? You don't see this happen in the NBA. Sure you got fans trying to throw popcorn at players but why do Canuck fans throw riots and now this?

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad