Line Combos: (Realistically) Do we have 2 number 2 Centres?

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Are Plekanec and Desharnais in Montreal top line centres?

Is Dubinsky in Columbus a top line centre?

Is it possible to believe that a line can work without a bonafide #1 centre? If the line works, who cares who the centre is. Vanek-Desharnais-Pacioretty line is one of the hottest lines in the NHL. To me, if JVR-Bozak-Kessel line is producing, don't touch it.

If anything, our 2nd and 4th lines need to improve. I liked the Kuli-Kadri-Lupul line last year, but this season our 2nd line was weak IMO. Hopefully Kadri will be better next season, Lupul too. But we could use a solid 2nd line winger more IMO. Cammalleri would be a guy I'd go hard after. Bring him to Toronto to play on the wing with Kadri and Lupul, that would really help us get some secondary scoring.

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Cammalleri - Kadri - Lupul
Clarkson - Bolland - Leivo
Bodie - McClement - D'Amigo

Conversely, our Defense needs to improve. And I have no clue how we can do that. I don't believe Phaneuf will get traded, although I'd like him to be. I'd try to maybe bring a guy like Bieksa or Edler to Toronto. We need someone to support Phaneuf at the very least. Unless we're willing to give Franson the big bucks to be the #1. I simply don't see it happening.

The one thing you are missing with your C comparison is that Dubinsky and Pleks are excellent 2-way centers in the league. Desharnais is also pretty good. We lack this. Their play contributes to more possession time, better +/- and lower GA. Better team support overall.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Trading Kadri would be our biggest mistake since trading Rask.

Trade Bozak, unsustainable shooting % this year, and can only produce when he plays with Kessel.

SELL HIGH.

So true right now Bozak has positive value it would not surprise me if his positive value turns to negative value in a few years.

Bozys good but if we can insert a guy who has more offensive skill then that would be ideal.

Bozak is actually not a bad player hes not the issue with our team but if we did put a good offensive C there it would definitely get us into the playoffs.. Our 1st line would basically be unstoppable and with a little secondary scoring and decent goaltending we would be a sure-fire playoff team.

I would not rush to move Bozy but if we can move him plus for a legit skilled C then i would be down with it.

Doubt that deal is on the table anywhere in the league though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad