Realistic Trade Proposals III

Status
Not open for further replies.

explosive skating

Jul 5, 2015
This Trade Simmonds Because He Will Be Banged Up And Declining When Flyers Start To Contend hysteria is annoying me. He has to decline? C'mon. He will be a beast in his mid 30s and they gonna need such a special player in playoff runs.

Dabest

Nov 22, 2015
This Trade Simmonds Because He Will Be Banged Up And Declining When Flyers Start To Contend hysteria is annoying me. He has to decline? C'mon. He will be a beast in his mid 30s and they gonna need such a special player in playoff runs.

A beast when he's 35?

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I'm perfectly fine with trading Simmonds if the return is a massive overpayment. Anything short of that is a waste.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well, I'm perfect fine with trading ANYONE for a massive overpayment.
I don't know if Simmonds will be playing as well at age 36, but I'd make a bet he'll be close to peak out to age 32 or so and maybe a little older.

kingjmusicman

Jan 4, 2016
5 players on this current roster you keep, the rest is open to negotiation. Only one iffy on not knowing what to do with is Mr. Schenn.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK

It's not a definite, but it's possible...bordering on likely. I'm all for cashing in when the value is there. Bear in mind if that criteria is filled, we'd get one hell of a return.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
a lot of the "trade simmer now at his peak" stuff makes perfect logical sense to me but even the thought of this team without him is crushing...his combination of skill, effort level and toughness are almost irreplaceable. just seeing him in a different jersey would surely cause my mighty heart to break.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Simmonds is an identity player on this roster. You don't trade those guys for futures because you might only get a couple of quality years out of him when your team is ready to compete. Even if he's not here for their entire window of contention, he'll still be instrumental in the process of getting this team to contender status.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
Simmonds is an identity player on this roster. You don't trade those guys for futures because you might only get a couple of quality years out of him when your team is ready to compete. Even if he's not here for their entire window of contention, he'll still be instrumental in the process of getting this team to contender status.

Bingo.

The return could be downright fantastic and it would still rip my heart right out.

Grare

Registered Factor
Nov 15, 2013
How about we keep Simmonds & add a similar player to him in Lucic if he hits FA

There's our LW we need

Simmonds, Gudas, Morin, Lucic, Ghoul would be hilarious

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site

Agreed, although saying he'll be a beast in his mid 30's is just as much a guess as saying he'll decline. If Simmer could bring a huge overpayment, it'd definitely be worthwhile to take a look at. I'm not so sure that the flyers can't be a contender season after next. I think sometimes we underestimate the flyers and overestimate the rest of the league on these boards.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
Don't all FA's? Lol

We could manage, would be an exciting season but I'll stop day dreaming zZzZ

Maybe, but Hexy can't afford to really toss around large contracts with term if he actually intends to build a proper defensive core. I'd rather not see one of Sanheim/Provorov sniped off because we ended up in a cap bind down the road.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
Why not. Look at Tomas Holmstrom's seasons when he was 32-36. Simmer is a stud, he will not fall of a cliff when he hits 30, such assumption is too pessimistic.

Exactly, the guy is one of the best players around the net and that will not change in the future. He will lose some of his physical play with his fighting and such but not his net presence.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
This whole trade or do not trade [Insert Player] (in this case Simmer) is silly without context imo. ANY Player is tradable if the return is right. Asinine to say definitely yes or definitely no without knowing what you are being offered. He's not a player you shop, but you listen on anyone...

beetee15

Long Island Bullies
May 26, 2010
Long Island
PK Subban Voice "no you cannot trade Wayne Simmonds"

seriously though, he isnt the piece you trade. Not on his contract and not with what he brings to the team. Like I have stated before, once this team is a playoff team "probably next season" Simmonds will be HUGE in the playoffs, he is a clutch guy.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He'll want too long of a contract and too much money

SEE....THIS IS THE ISSUE.

Lucic will want too long a contract for too much money, yet will start that contract at age 28. And few people want to sign him.

Yet Simmonds will start his next contract at age 31 and will ALSO want too much money and for too long. And people are justifying re-signing him.

And that is due to loyalty and being a fan of Simminds...which we all are.

Trying to justify re-signing Simmonds while saying Lucic will want too much and for too long contradicts each other. Unless you think Somminds is going to sign a 3 year extension at 4.5 million....which he won't.

Simmonds will be looking for his big payout that he did not get thru his prime years with us. He will be looking for a contract that will be 6+ per year. And even though I think he will still be productive, I don't think he will ever be productive enough for that money in his age 31-35 seasons.

Dabest

Nov 22, 2015
How long do you think Voracek and G will be able to perform like they are now? 32?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad