Realistic Trade Proposals III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Or we could see how the next couple of seasons go, and then trade him for Lucic-style return in the final year of his contract if the Flyers don't want to extend him.

I think the thing is, in 2 years we will be a playoff team again and then at that point I don't see them moving Simmonds.

I just think that if we wait, then we will eventually end up losing his as a UFA and that hurts the rebuild the most.

But I do not think Hextall would entertain moving him at this deadline at all. No rush to do that. As I said before, the draft lottery could totally change things.

What if we did win the draft lottery? Well then that certainly speeds things up as opposed to drafting Jones for example that will be 2-3 years away from helping us and then who knows what the impact will be.

It would be awful to trade Simmonds, then win the lottery and not have Simmonds for the next few years to help speed things up.

But if we end up drafting #13, then the slower rebuild continues and then maybe Hextall looks into options. But just to say it again, I don't trade Simmonds for fair value....only an overpayment from a team that wants to win now.

Anaheim is a team that could overpay. They have lots of good youth coming and Simmonds gives them 3 years of player playing above their contract level. And they are certainly tired of Chicago and LA being top dogs.

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
I think there are too many scenarios to determine the fate of this team and what stage of s rebuild we are in. Like tripod said, if we win the lottery that changes everything. Same goes for our ability to sign a potential top 6 lw. Get a ufa winger or a deadline acquisition could change a lot. Moving raffl and read down a line respectively, cousins still progresses, add Leier and the potential of konecky. Now replace one of our d with prov. Your looking at an entire different team with pretty much 2 holes 3c is an unknown and bottom pairing d.

1 move I personally could put us in playoff picture next year. Weather it's getting a top 3 draft lottery or a ufa. We can reshape our bottom 6 very quickly. D is a work in progress but each year better

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Can't trade Simmonds when this team is already soft and weak as hell at power forward-- and we have one of the best ones in the league.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Simmonds is Hartnell with better skating, more toughness and without the stupid penalties (most of his minutes are 5 minute fighting majors).

He should age well, he's not some fat slob who's gonna slow down, and so much of his game is strength around the net.

Why are people in a hurry to get rid of him? I consider him part of the core. Extend him early and get a bargain rate.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I rubbed Mike York's belly and it told me that it doubts Simmonds will take the Flyers to the cleaners either when the contract is up.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The only thing I don't like about Simmer is that he doesn't wear a visor. I think he's now the only member of the team with long term value that doesn't.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The only thing I don't like about Simmer is that he doesn't wear a visor. I think he's now the only member of the team with long term value that doesn't.

I don't understand why anyone in the entire league doesn't wear one.

They are clear, offer virtually no obstruction to your vision, and protect your ****ing eyes.

I went from no visor to visor seamlessly. It took like, 3 shifts to get used to it.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I don't understand why anyone in the entire league doesn't wear one.

They are clear, offer virtually no obstruction to your vision, and protect your ****ing eyes.

I went from no visor to visor seamlessly. It took like, 3 shifts to get used to it.

The bridge of his nose and around his eyes already look like he was tied down in a cattery with catnip taped over his face.

Hell of a lot of scar tissue... you only really see it in close up interviews with proper lighting, but I mean... we have already seen him take what? ~4 pucks to the face from point shots in his Flyers career so far?

Heck... he has scored a goal with his face as a Flyer!

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Just to add to the Simmonds convo....I talked to some Anaheim fans and this deal was prosposed:

Simmonds for Ritchie and Montour.

It gives Anaheim a big winger to try and help them get by the Hawks and LA. Really, it gives them the best player for the next 2 years.

For us, it gives us 2 guys who are on the verge of being NHL ready...next year most likely. It gives us a big LW with upside and then that RHD to further compliment our future D. It also could allow us to move a Dman if we so choose for another forward.

It agruably gives them the win now, and us the win later. Sort of like the Richards deal, it could quickly turn into a win for us....or not at all. We do take the risk.

But this type of deal could set us up nicely for the long haul.

If offered, would you do it?

Dabest

Nov 22, 2015
Just to add to the Simmonds convo....I talked to some Anaheim fans and this deal was prosposed:

It gives Anaheim a big winger to try and help them get by the Hawks and LA. Really, it gives them the best player for the next 2 years.

For us, it gives us 2 guys who are on the verge of being NHL ready...next year most likely. It gives us a big LW with upside and then that RHD to further compliment our future D. It also could allow us to move a Dman if we so choose for another forward.

It agruably gives them the win now, and us the win later. Sort of like the Richards deal, it could quickly turn into a win for us....or not at all. We do take the risk.

Yeah that's solid

Dabest

Nov 22, 2015
Voracek-Giroux-Schenn
Ritchie-Couts

Nice, we just wait for Konecny to play 2RW and we're set

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Provorov-Montour
Morin-Sanheim
MDZ-Ghost

That's unstoppable

In a video game. Yeah.

With offensively talented guys like Provorov, Sanheim, and Gostisbehere in the system already I think we should be aiming for more well rounded NHL-ready defensemen. A guy like Montour would just be a luxury.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
None from me. His possession stats are terrible despite not being used on the top pairing, and he'll be looking to cash in.

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rat...fense&minutes=50&disp=1&sort=PCT&sortdir=DESC
http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stat...3+5+4+6+7+8+13+14+29+30+32+33+34+45+46+63+67#

What are going to do with a guy like Montour?

Watch Friedman not sign with us and become a FA because his path is blocked by a very similar prospect. :dunno:

The value in the Ducks deal isn't bad on the surface, but just like the proposed Crouse + 1st deal with Florida we could be left with two guys who aren't nearly as good as Simmonds.

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
None from me. His possession stats are terrible despite not being used on the top pairing, and he'll be looking to cash in.

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rat...fense&minutes=50&disp=1&sort=PCT&sortdir=DESC
http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stat...3+5+4+6+7+8+13+14+29+30+32+33+34+45+46+63+67#

Watch Friedman not sign with us and become a FA because his path is blocked by a very similar prospect. :dunno:

The value in the Ducks deal isn't bad on the surface, but just like the proposed Crouse + 1st deal with Florida we could be left with two guys who aren't nearly as good as Simmonds.

Kris Russell is Andrew MacDonald all over again. AMac was leading the NHL in blocked shots when we traded for him, but his possession numbers were horrible. That's because he concedes the blueline and backs up into the slot to allow the shot attempt, hoping either he blocks it or the goalie does. No interest whatsoever.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

No thanks. Montour is nothing exceptional and Ritchie be lucky to become the power forward that Simmonds currently is and will be for several more years.

If we were in a different situation where we were gutting the roster to start over and Simmonds was a few years older, then this would be a more palatable deal.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
I would watch Winnipeg. After Byfuglien signing, they probably don't want to go full tank and will more than likely have to replace Ladd upfront. If Trouba is available, they could have an interest in B. Schenn. Maybe the Flyers add something small. It would be very worth it if they can keep their top defense prospects in the process.

As far as the ridiculous contract demands from Trouba, this is from Friedman's 30 thoughts this week:
17. One source on the assumption the Jets can’t keep three-righthanded defencemen in Byfuglien, Tyler Myers and Jacob Trouba: “Don’t assume anything. Winnipeg’s been using Trouba on the left side.” Very fair point. One GM was confused by last week’s notes, pointing out how I was questioning the possibility of Hamonic/Trouba months after mentioning the Islanders asked about it. He reminded that Kyle Turris, another Kurt Overhardt client, signed a reasonable contract in Ottawa after getting traded from Arizona. “If a player is somewhere he wants to be, things get done,” he said. “Whether it’s Winnipeg or the Islanders, if that’s his destination.”
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-reeling-canadiens-move-on-from-embarrassing-loss/

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Kris Russell is Andrew MacDonald all over again. AMac was leading the NHL in blocked shots when we traded for him, but his possession numbers were horrible. That's because he concedes the blueline and backs up into the slot to allow the shot attempt, hoping either he blocks it or the goalie does. No interest whatsoever.

MacDonald's possession numbers went way up, and his blocked shots went way down after leaving New York for Philly. From 3 blocks per game in 13-14, to 1.5 blocks in 14-15 and this season.

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Or you could end up like the Richards deal were both guys are better than Simmonds. There is always a flipside....but yes...we take the risk...just like we did when we traded Richards and Carter.

Anyways, no need to keep going on about Simmonds. Hextall is a patient guy and will do things in his own time. And as I said earlier, the results of the draft lottery could totally change things anyways.

Or hell...we could still make the playoffs. The next 5 games should give us a clearer picture. Bt we will probably go 2-2-1 and still be in limbo.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The difference there is that we got Voracek and Simmonds in those trades, and they were already established NHL players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad