Realistic Trade Proposals III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
"It really depends on the team. Streit's cap hit is no issue for a team like Florida, and his actual salary is quite low. At the deadline he'll be owed less than $1m for the rest of the season, and then next season he's owed a $2m signing bonus and $2m in salary.

http://www.generalfanager.com/players/1557

Other top 10 teams
like Chicago or LA could not fit Streit in, and would not have any interest."-CURU

You know...looking at Streit's bonus and salary, he could be very attractive to non cap teams after that bonus is paid out. A team like Ottata is always looking for guys who's cap is higher than actual pay.

But in a perfect world, Streit is moved this deadline for a 1st.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Meddy's lack of cap hit and term makes him easier to trade and his adventures in the D-zone mean I don't want to extend him anymore.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Yeah, I'm for trading both Medvedev and Streit. Sign a depth defenseman for next season at a fraction of the cost to play with Provorov. Two firsts and three seconds for the 2016 draft. Makes me less inclined to look into trading Simmonds.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
Yeah, I'm for trading both Medvedev and Streit. Sign a depth defenseman for next season at a fraction of the cost to play with Provorov. Two firsts and three seconds for the 2016 draft. Makes me less inclined to look into trading Simmonds.

I'd really hate to lose Simmer even with the right overpayment. Fan favorite and a player archetype that is a pain in the ass to find/develop.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
As most know, I was totally fine with moving Simmonds for the right return.

But Voracek successfully moving to LW has changed that. Now, Konecny can be a top 9 winger without trading anyone or having Schenn on the left side.

Plus, with Hextall clearing out Vinny 2 years easlier than expected gives hope that the next 2 years won't be as wasted due to so much wasted cap hits going to poor players.

Hope Hextall still has a little magic left in him come deadline day.

Edit: Of course the flipside is if you trade Simmonds for a big return...then use that $ to mostly pay for a guy like Boedker, then:

Boedker+1st+1/2 prospects >>> Simmonds

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010

But Voracek successfully moving to LW has changed that. Now, Konecny can be a top 9 winger without trading anyone or having Schenn on the left side.

Plus, with Hextall clearing out Vinny 2 years easlier than expected gives hope that the next 2 years won't be as wasted due to so much wasted cap hits going to poor players.

Edit: Of course the flipside is if you trade Simmonds for a big return...then use that $ to mostly pay for a guy like Boedker, then:

The top line is clicking and this looks like a playoff team but man it would be the perfect time to screw over Montreal in a Simmonds trade. The Flyers probably could get Galchenyuk plus out of there right now.

kammy

Jun 29, 2007
Read to Buffalo for Baptiste and 2nd

Schultz to Calgary for 2nd

MacDonald to Arizona for 2nd (50% salary retained)

pinedak

Dec 4, 2014
Read to Buffalo for Baptiste and 2nd

Schultz to Calgary for 2nd

MacDonald to Arizona for 2nd (50% salary retained)

I don't see any of these happening. Buffalo is looking to add talent to it's wing prospect pool. Shultz doesn't do enough for Calgary to make that move IMO.

The Flyers can't retain any more salary this season so the AZ trade would have to come after july 1. Also don't see why/ how this works for them given salary. They'd rather give more and add a cost-controlled player.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA

Voracek's early struggles really did turn out to be a bit of a blessing in disguise for unclogging the right side.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Is Boedker the best UFA forward or close to it? Because then he's going to be overpaid; probably to the tune of something like six years, $36 million.

And 15 of his 33 points have come on the PP, where he averages 4:39 in ice time per game. That's a minute more than Giroux or Voracek get. So if he comes to Philly I wouldn't count on him scoring at a 60 point pace.

Wow, he actually has 20 minutes more PP TOI than the next closest forward, Ovechkin.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?rep...gameType=2&sort=ppTimeOnIce&aggregate=0&pos=F

whitstifier

Mar 19, 2013
I think I'm most interested in trading Schultz and Medvedev by the deadline for like a 3rd and a 2nd, respectively. Trade Streit in the offseason. I don't want to see more Manning than I have to.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
If Calgary loses Kris Russell to free agency, maybe we could trade them MacDonald with 20% retention for Smid. Smid has only played 12 games this season, and still has a year left at $3.5m cap hit/$4m salary.

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly

Heard of a completely unsubstantiated rumor from a bhawks message board, no link available, so don't shoot the messenger...

but this said that Chicago wants to go all in for B2B cups and the big names involved were Simmonds and Teräväinen.

For me, moving Wayne would require a severe overpayment. I would need much more than Teravainen.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
We'd also have to take Bickell back to make cap room for Chicago.

And we'd be about the smallest team in the league.

backburner

May 6, 2011
NJ, USA
Heard of a completely unsubstantiated rumor from a bhawks message board, no link available, so don't shoot the messenger...

but this said that Chicago wants to go all in for B2B cups and the big names involved were Simmonds and Teräväinen.

For me, moving Wayne would require a severe overpayment. I would need much more than Teravainen.

How would they cap next year lol

whitstifier

Mar 19, 2013

Especially if Bickell is coming back. Taking him helps the Blackhawks a ton...

Edit:

I'd do Simmonds for TT + 1st + Pokka + Bickell.

TT plus late 1st is about Simmonds' trade value. Pokka makes absorbing a cap dump palatable :).

Last edited:

Grare

Registered Factor
Nov 15, 2013
If Calgary loses Kris Russell to free agency, maybe we could trade them MacDonald with 20% retention for Smid. Smid has only played 12 games this season, and still has a year left at $3.5m cap hit/$4m salary.

I think everyone's on the get rid of MacDonald train & everybody has their own view of what to do with him.

For me, I think I'd deal a 3rd to trade him and take back a player with one year left (no retention) If we're confident in our past drafts and depth possibly a 2nd rounder to get rid of that contract.

In the cap era, smart drafting and smart cap management is the way to go, it's hard to compete with dead weight on your team

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
bhawks are 4th in the league in goals scored and 3rd in the league in PP% and they want simmer?
makes no sense

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
bhawks are 4th in the league in goals scored and 3rd in the league in PP% and they want simmer?
makes no sense

Playoffs are a different animal. You need the big power forward to have success. With Bickell stinking, they are very small and this year they may have to contend with the Kings unlike last year.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Bickell was #### last year in playoffs and Hawks won cup with a top 9 lacking size

Saad-Toews-Hossa
Versteeg-Richards-Kane
Sharp-Vermette-TT

Hawks need a 1st line LW to play with Toews/Hossa

And they wont gut farm + move TT for a guy like Simmonds. They would be looking for longterm cost controlled asset

Also when it comes to Hawks I think Dano + 1st is most likely trade chips not TT. TT has found a role on 3rd line and with Hossa on decline the chance will be there in coming years for top 6 RW job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad