Proposal: Realistic Trade Proposals 2016-17 III

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Maybe they're coming down to have a meeting between the only two people that like that Weber contract. I want to yell FOURTEEN YEARS every time I think about it.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don't think you'd get a Galchenyuk like player for Giroux. I think it would be a more futures based package with quite possibly having to take back a sizable contract to make the cap work as Giroux's coming with a $8M+ caphit for five years.

At that point there's definitely no sense in keeping Simmonds & Schenn at least. Simmonds would have two years left after this & Schenn with three years bringing both to UFA.

Last edited:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Maybe they're coming down to have a meeting between the only two people that like that Weber contract. I want to yell FOURTEEN YEARS every time I think about it.

9SdWm.gif

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If the return is right....meaning Chucky has to be part of the deal....I could see G being dealt. But I still have a hard time seeing it happen.

I would hate to see G win a cup for Montreal.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
If the return is right....meaning Chucky has to be part of the deal....I could see G being dealt. But I still have a hard time seeing it happen.

I would hate to see G win a cup for Montreal.

Montreal is a great fit for G and a pretty bad fit for us as a trade partner IMO. If we were going that route, I'd rather see us deal with a team that gives us more options in prospects, although G would have to accept them, whoever they were. I don't really want him to go anyway, though.

Grare

Registered Factor
Nov 15, 2013
If they trade G honestly would go after Drouin with Simmonds
Cheap contract for Tampa might get them to bite

Of course all fantasy

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
You weren't here for the Weber offsheet week? That was the longest week of my life.

I was in Montreal for that whole July with my now fiancée. I came back very confused as to why everyone was talking about Weber.

Of course when I booked the AirBnB, they didn't tell me it was in the separatist section. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad