Proposal: Realistic Trade Proposals 2016-17 III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
Doubt u will see many trades until the week before the trade deadline.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
i feel everything seems to be hinging on Duchene getting traded...

Carolina seems like the best fit since there is a need there, but I don't know if Carolina is going to make a move like that this year.
But Carolina has what the Avs need. young promising defenseman and they have the cap space. Not sure if Carlo is a deal breaker for Boston or not.

backburner

May 6, 2011
NJ, USA
Eklund's rumor says Streit interest is there.
Not sure why he mentioned the other nonsense in his thread lol.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Expiring vet defenseman who provides a good power play option and leadership.

There will be teams asking about him no doubt.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I would bet big bucks that Streit will draw interest. The question is just how much. If the Flyers are still hovering around playoff contention, I don't see them trading him for something like a 5th rounder. If they are out of it, then I think they'll get whatever they can. MDZ I think either way they will deal for whatever they can get, and I think there will be interest there as well, again with the question simply being how much.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
VeLja.gif

And a day.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
A big ugly car crash draws interest too

Luckily, GMs are not HFBoards posters. Mark Streit on an expiring contract is going to attract more interest than a big ugly car crash. I'm not suggesting they will get a first rounder or top prospect for him, but a team that might need some help on the back end, maybe a team with a young defensive corps, or a team that might need some PP help will be interested. There are a number of teams that will likely have interest in Streit, especially given the purported unwillingness of teams to trade defenders. I mean who else is out there? Tyler Myers I've heard his name get circulated but I think he is injured so I'm not sure a contending team will be interested in giving up something of value for him.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Yeah it is ridiculous to suggest that Mark Streit isn't valuable at all to a potential contender. He's still a decent PP QB and can PK. If you can shelter him in a 3rd pairing role he could be quite valuable to your team I would think.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Yeah, he's exactly the type of defenseman a playoff team would like to have on their 3rd pairing.
There will be a lot of teams interested in him, which should help driving up the price a bit.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I think they would want Couturier. They don't seem sold on Galchenyuk as a center.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
30 Thoughts today had Galchenyuk possibly being on the market, any interest in him?

Yes. Get him out of Therrien prison. Montreal is in win now mode. A trade wouldn't require any of our kids. They'd more be looking at Simmonds. It might even be one of the very few places Giroux would waive for. A package centered around Galchenyuk would at least be enticing.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Yes. Get him out of Therrien prison. Montreal is in win now mode. A trade wouldn't require any of our kids. They'd more be looking at Simmonds. It might even be one of the very few places Giroux would waive for. A package centered around Galchenyuk would at least be enticing.

It'd be like Ramsay helping Theon escape from prison in Game of Thrones. He'd end up in the same prison, but Hakstol would just be his new warden.

I can only imagine Hakstol's excitement in acquiring a sheltered scoring player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad