Proposal: Realistic Trade Proposals 2016-17 III

Status
Not open for further replies.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Let's be honest....our guys are not likely the 1st ones that teams are going to go after. And who knows, with Mannings suspension, maybe he waits until Wednesday to make moves.

that would be a horrible reason to wait lol

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
why am i having this sinking feeling we do nothing

Because you really have to wonder if there's any interest at all in the veteran impending UFA slop the Flyers have available. Streit, MDZ, & Schultz, for example, probably don't have teams banging down the door. Surely there are other preferred options on the market.

Streit I do think is more than 50% to go, but I wouldn't be shocked if teams decided to go elsewhere and he ended up without a buyer.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I don't think hexy is sleeping guys. He is a very patient and deliberate man. I believe moves are coming but we have to give it some time

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
We have 2 days. I'm not worried. I'm just disgruntled that's all it took to move Dahlen. I remember there were reports we talked about a couple weeks ago that Ottawa wanted veterans and ownership wanted to make the playoffs at all costs, and they just seemed ripe for the picking. We even joked about acquiring Dahlen.

The same idiot that thought Lazar for a 1st was fair value and other GMs were trying to "fleece" him thought Burrows for Dahlen was fair value :dunno:

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Rumors are rampid here in Montreal over the sports radio that Bergevin and Dudley are flying down to philly tonight to talk a trade
Thoughts??

Is there any basis for that? Ive never heard of GMs traveling to discuss a trade.

Unless they are meeting with a player to convince them to waive their NTC.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
No way the Habs are flying to Philly to talk a trade for Giroux. That would be ridiculous unless Simmer and Voracek were also being dealt, which also be ridiculous.

daa5250

May 3, 2016
Philly
No way the Habs are flying to Philly to talk a trade for Giroux. That would be ridiculous unless Simmer and Voracek were also being dealt, which also be ridiculous.

Simmer and Voracek arent fading as bad as Giroux and Giroux has a big long term deal. If Hextall thinks Giroux is on a serious decline and his contract is going to be a problem in the future it makes sense to move him now while he still has value. Iv been seeing people speculate Galchenyuk +. Gal is only 23 so that's an interesting move and would put the team more into a rebuild but the kid is already a top 6 center for sure so it wouldnt set the team back too much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad