Proposal: Realistic Trade Proposals 2016-17 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Would you trade Simmonds for Gally, 1-1.

Yeah. You're not losing much offensive production out of your lineup right now with swapping the two. Galchenyuk just turned 23 the other day while Simmonds is 28. Galchenyuk's next contract is going to be a better value than Simmonds because one guy is entering his prime while the other is leaving his. Giroux is 29, Simmonds is 28, & Voracek is 27. So having a 23 year old Galchenyuk instead of a 28 year old Simmonds would fit better with where the current rebuild is.

Whether or not that's a realistic thing it's probably not but under the hypothetical I really can't see how you wouldn't do that. Especially with all the complaints of our forward core being too old.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Yeah. You're not losing much offensive production out of your lineup right now with swapping the two. Galchenyuk just turned 23 the other day while Simmonds is 28. Galchenyuk's next contract is going to be a better value than Simmonds because one guy is entering his prime while the other is leaving his. Giroux is 29, Simmonds is 28, & Voracek is 27. So having a 23 year old Galchenyuk instead of a 28 year old Simmonds would fit better with where the current rebuild is.

Whether or not that's a realistic thing it's probably not but under the hypothetical I really can't see how you wouldn't do that. Especially with all the complaints of our forward core being too old.

100% agreed.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
better question, would you trade giroux straight up for galchenyuk (not that I think the flyers would ever do it)
Not to Habs... That could be like Recchi's deal in reverse. Playing for Habs could actually help Giroux's career, make him care again..

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Not to Habs... That could be like Recchi's deal in reverse. Playing for Habs could actually help Giroux's career, make him care again..

See? I told you that the week was young and we'd see even more ridiculous nonsense. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

If you think, for even a second, that Giroux doesn't care then you're watching with your TV off.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Giroux is not championship hungry player. He was 3 years ago... not anymore. He will have a few good seasons no doubt but his stats are winding down slowly but surely. Also, for a player his size I expect injuries very soon. His will to play 5 on 5 and compete is questionable at this point of his career and this is his worst season unless he picks up his play.
Another thing, he has no pressure here in Philly but place like Montreal would bring the best out of him.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Giroux is not championship hungry player. He was 3 years ago... not anymore. He will have a few good seasons no doubt but his stats are winding down slowly but surely. Also, for a player his size I expect injuries very soon. His will to play 5 on 5 and compete is questionable at this point of his career and this is his worst season unless he picks up his play.
Another thing, he has no pressure here in Philly but place like Montreal would bring the best out of him.

This isn't debatable.
This isn't a matter of opinion.
This is incorrect and embarrassing.

Stop. :shakehead

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Claude is a hell of player but he has about 2-3 really good years in him, maybe even even a few 80-85pts season, that's if he picks up his 5 on 5 play. He is no longer killing penalties but still.. his production is dropping. Compete level is not there for captain of this team. Got to be realistic.
So now we're questioning Giroux's desire to win? Interesting.
What is desire in this league? Can you take on best d-men on daily basis to stay top center in the league..? Are you 80pts player or are you becoming 60pts player? Desire lol.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Claude is a hell of player but he has about 2-3 really good years in him, maybe even even a few 80-85pts season, that's if he picks up his 5 on 5 play. He is no longer killing penalties but still.. his production is dropping. Compete level is not there for captain of this team. Got to be realistic.
What is desire in this league? Can you take on best d-men on daily basis to stay top center in the league..? Are you 80pts player or are you becoming 60pts player? Desire lol.

Nothing you are saying makes any sense.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'm going to go with Giroux peaked years ago over questioning his effort level. When you have players that are dogging it you typically hear something through the media about it as NHL people don't really have much time for players that do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad