Proposal: Realistic Trade Proposals 2016-17 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Just throwing this idea out there....I have not watched all year.....but would you sign Yskupov to a 1 year 1 million dollar deal? He is not going to be offered a contract by St.L.

Get him to train with Provy in the offseason and pray. At least he has shown in the past he can shoot.

Realistically, Hak would not play him anyways I guess.

Where would you play him in our lineup? 3rd line RW? I think he needs to go to a team with little to no scoring depth where he can get top line minutes. I don't think he is going to produce in anyone's bottom six. And with Simmonds and Voracek we can't provide that.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
What about Brodin/Dumba + Pominville before the ED? Pominville's contract is a negative, but the Flyers can fit his last two years in. It would solve Minnesota's ED issues in one trade.

Not sure what it would take though.

They (minny hf boards fans) said it would take schenn+ or sanhiem+ to get dumba lol

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
They (minny hf boards fans) said it would take schenn+ or sanhiem+ to get dumba lol

There is no way considering they would otherwise lose one of Dumba/Brodin. Taking Pominville's contract helps them out as well. They would need to acquire ED exempt players anyway, so not sure why Schenn would be wanted by them.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

I would offer them our 1st....depending where it ended up. And if they get a better offer, oh well.

It would fill a scoring C position and a RHD that could play right away and free up another D to trade off for a forward.

Poms is on pace for 52 points after having a bad year last year. Had 54 the year before. What this deal would do though is use up our cap space but considering most want to use it to find a C and a D, it fits. Poms has 2 more years so that bridges the gap to Vorobyov and Rubstov.

Lindblom Giroux Voracek
Konecny Poms Simmonds
Raffl Couts Schenn
Cousins Laughton Weise/Read/Lub

Provy Dumba
Ghost Gudas
Morin Sanheim
AMac/Manning

SanBlom

Jan 29, 2008
St Peters
Schenn for boone straight up would easily have us sitting on a donut for years after that trade rape theyd have pulled, boone is good but schenn is under rated around here itd really have to be boone ++ because schenn is under a pretty fair cap hit and his production level has been great but anton forsberg hasnt been good at all

You obviously haven't watched Anton recently so I wont even worry about that one...

Schenn, I understand that he may hold slightly higher value but I think Boone is worth the risk and is a more rounded player. The thing that gets me with Schenn is he can pot a goal or two here and there but he is too inconsistent. Watch how many times he enters the zone and is softly knocked off the puck which turns into a transition the other way. This happens multiple times a game and it drives me nuts!

In my opinion, Boone would fit our team much better and he would easily replace Schenns production. Just one persons opinion though...

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Word is Montreal is all in and bergevin is big game hunting. I wonder if Hextall would be willing to move a big piece if Bergevin was willing to overpay.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Word is Montreal is all in and bergevin is big game hunting. I wonder if Hextall would be willing to move a big piece if Bergevin was willing to overpay.

Who would the big piece be and who would we get in return? I can't imagine we have anyone that would be able to pry Sergachev from them, with the exception of Simmonds. If we are talking prospects from MTL the only folks I'd have real interest in are de la Rose and Michael McCarron, neither of which would command a huge piece in return, I'd think.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Who would the big piece be and who would we get in return? I can't imagine we have anyone that would be able to pry Sergachev from them, with the exception of Simmonds. If we are talking prospects from MTL the only folks I'd have real interest in are de la Rose and Michael McCarron, neither of which would command a huge piece in return, I'd think.

Agreed. Montreal doesn't exactly have a huge cupboard to raid.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
What big piece are you thinking?

I would listen to just about anybody not named Provorov on this roster depending on the price. Moving Giroux is a pipe dream due to salary and the fact the Flyers would collapse for a few seasons, but I read on their boards that Sakic asked for Galchenyuk and Sergachev for Duchene. If either player was available thru trade, I would see if there was a match on the Flyers roster.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Simmonds value should not be too far off Duchene right now. I would easily trade Simmonds for that return. Add in the complimentary Hagg too. :)

On the main boards, a Habs fan just offered a 1st +JDLR for MDZ. Easy yes! Of course I did have to tell him he could have him for a 2nd and JDLR....much more realistic.

Hmmm....Simmonds and MDZ for Galchenyuk and Sergachev. Yes please.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Simmonds value should not be too far off Duchene right now. I would easily trade Simmonds for that return. Add in the complimentary Hagg too. :)

On the main boards, a Habs fan just offered a 1st +JDLR for MDZ. Easy yes! Of course I did have to tell him he could have him for a 2nd and JDLR....much more realistic.

I think they would want a center back. Would you do Couturier + Simmonds for Galchenyuk, Sergachev and a 1st. Flyers could then just sign Berglund to take over Couturier's shutdown role.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Pray Vegas claims Weise or Read and sign Berglund or Hanzal.

Hanzal seems to be hurt a lot doesn't he? I wouldn't mind him here, but I don't think I would be looking to give him a long term deal.
Berglund's price seems to be going up every day. Seems the Flyers(or anyone else) will have to overpay to land him.
I do wonder if Hextall will entertain making a hockey trade to try and give the top 6 a different look.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I think they would want a center back. Would you do Couturier + Simmonds for Galchenyuk, Sergachev and a 1st. Flyers could then just sign Berglund to take over Couturier's shutdown role.

Couturier is my favorite player and I would be devastated to see him go, especially to the Habs so I am going to be biased and say no. If they threw in JDLR or McCarron and a 2nd I would do it though. I know that is not going to happen and an overpayment by a lot, but I told you I would be biased.

Good grief. I would to MDZ for either a 1st or JDLR (or a second, even), for both I would have to be contained from laughing at Bergevin on the phone while I accepted.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013

Flyers would need to outbid everyone else to get Berglund, won't get him under what Coots gets. We have a nice deal on a shutdown center as it is.

It doesn't get much better than the contract Simmonds has, he's also been our leading goal scorer for the last 3 seasons. This is a team that needs more goal scorers, not less.

Don't know why we'd give up two great signed players for Sergachev (another left handed D prospect), Galchenyuk (good player, but we have a similar guy in Schenn), and a late first.

Bobby Orr's Knees

Dec 17, 2002
Where it hurts most
Visit site
I read on their boards that Sakic asked for Galchenyuk and Sergachev for Duchene. If either player was available thru trade, I would see if there was a match on the Flyers roster.
Galchenyuyk AND Sergachev? That's insane. Sergachev is supposed to be close in skill to Provorov/Werenski. He is very young and looked lost on the ice during his short stint with the Habs. But he's got all the tools and is built like a truck. And Galchynyak is their #1C.

For the Flyers, we do not need either. Galcheyuk is a nice luxury but not a mythical #1C. He is with the Habs by default. Sergachev would be great, but how many young D can we be developing at the same time? Doesn't make sense for us. Sergachev would make a lot of sense for a lot of teams, just not for us.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Start high in ask. It's very likely nothing more than that. Sakic has to know he realistically can't swing Galchenyuk & Seragchev for Duchene. I honestly wouldn't even do Galchenyuk for Duchene straight up.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
With everything going on with their organization off the ice Carolina might not be fit. However they probably have the most flexibility in trade assets & cap space. However taking on Duchene with only two years on his contract after this one might not be a fit with their current issues going on.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Jannik Hansen getting a first according to Vancouver fans? Am I missing something? No chance if I was a GM.

I would do a 2nd rounder + a b/c prospect. Not my first rounder though.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Jannik Hansen getting a first according to Vancouver fans? Am I missing something? No chance if I was a GM.

I would do a 2nd rounder + a b/c prospect. Not my first rounder though.

Jim Benning is their GM.

Edit: Seems like only a few of them think that for whatever insane reason. The rest seem to be full aware of their situation with Benning & Co. handling things.

Last edited:

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Good grief. I would to MDZ for either a 1st or JDLR (or a second, even), for both I would have to be contained from laughing at Bergevin on the phone while I accepted.

I offered MDZ for a 4th pick and a bag of pucks - and I threw in Weise for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad