Proposal: Realistic Trade Proposals 2016-17 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
No worries! Duno why I put UFA... I checked capfriendly to make sure he was an RFA before I wrote it, but still put UFA for some reason!

Yeh, I reckon depending on how expansion goes (lets assume Laughton taken) should have roster like~:

Schenn ($5.125m) -- Giroux ($8.275m) -- Simmonds ($3.975m)
Raffl ($2.33m) -- Couturier ($4.33m) -- Voracek ($8.25m)
Lindblom (~$925k) -- Cousins (~$1m) -- Konecny ($925k)
Read ($3.625m) -- xxxxx -- Weise ($2.33m)
Leier (~$800k)
xxxxx

Provorov ($925k) -- MacDonald ($5m)
Gostisbehere (~$4m) -- Gudas ($3.35m)
Morin ($863k) -- Sanheim ($894k)
Manning ($975k

Stolarz (~$1.2m)
xxxxx

Umberger Buyout: $1.5m

Total cap: ~$60.6m

Which leaves ~$12.4m cap space for:

A forward, preferably top 9 calibre.
A veteran goalie.
An extra forward. (~$700-800k)

If they struck gold and got say:

Mike Fisher, Patrick Berglund or Nick Bonino for ~$4m cap hit.

That would still leave ~$7.6m space with only a goalie spot to fill.

And let's be honest, Ghost won't get 4 million with the year he is having.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
I would trade Schenn straight up for Jenner without hesitation. My sons middle name is Boone because of him!

A better deal would involve some more players and us also snagging away Bittner/Milano/Abramov. BJ's are stacked with LW's.

I'm also a big fan of Anton Forsberg. He is a very underrated goalie that could be solid if given a chance.

Thank god you arent the gm

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Jenner had one good season so far in his career and that 30 goals from last year is looking like a fluke right now.
That's not worth our 2nd best goal scorer who has improved every single season since he came here.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
Um, ok. Care to elaborate?

Schenn for boone straight up would easily have us sitting on a donut for years after that trade rape theyd have pulled, boone is good but schenn is under rated around here itd really have to be boone ++ because schenn is under a pretty fair cap hit and his production level has been great but anton forsberg hasnt been good at all

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Just throwing this idea out there....I have not watched all year.....but would you sign Yskupov to a 1 year 1 million dollar deal? He is not going to be offered a contract by St.L.

Get him to train with Provy in the offseason and pray. At least he has shown in the past he can shoot.

Realistically, Hak would not play him anyways I guess.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Just throwing this idea out there....I have not watched all year.....but would you sign Yskupov to a 1 year 1 million dollar deal? He is not going to be offered a contract by St.L.

Get him to train with Provy in the offseason and pray. At least he has shown in the past he can shoot.

Im never against low risk signings like that unless there are character issues..and by all accounts Yak is a good kid.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

I think your last part says it all. In general with players like that I ultimately think you need to build a stronger bottom six to able to squeeze the most value out of them. Even with an improved lineup though I still don't Hakstol would ever entertain the thought of a skill guy on the fourth line.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

Personally, I wouldn't bother. I think you know what you have in that guy by now and I don't think he's worth the effort of signing him. I'm not vehemently against it or anything, but I guess I don't see the point.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Frankly, I'd rather just put someone like Leier or Weal in that hypothetical spot for Yakupov. At least they still seem to have some upside and wouldn't be a complete liability and force their linemates to do all the defensive work for them.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
gonna get flamed but we need a second line center, especially with giroux regressing a little "and i'm a giroux fan"

We definitely do. Giroux will not improve at this point in his career and what you see with Couturier is what you get. We just really need a more offensively inclined 2nd line center.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
We definitely do. Giroux will not improve at this point in his career and what you see with Couturier is what you get. We just really need a more offensively inclined 2nd line center.

I wonder if Bryan Little could be had from Winnipeg. They are far off from contending.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
gonna get flamed but we need a second line center, especially with giroux regressing a little "and i'm a giroux fan"

i am not gonna flame you..but i might get flamed..I think we could use a #1 center to be honest..so we can slot G at 2 and Coots at 3

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The issue with finding higher end centers is that everybody is in search for them. So they cost a lot in trade. Your next best bet is through the draft & those guys are generally gobbled up early. Even now a days the smaller guys with potential to play down the middle are getting drafted high. So your days of finding a Giroux at #22 are getting tougher.

I still think if you can find a better 3C & 4C the Flyers would get better production out their overall forward group as it would bring a lot of stability that we just haven't had. You add Lindblom to the mix & keep Schenn on the wing that makes us better on the wing.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
i am not gonna flame you..but i might get flamed..I think we could use a #1 center to be honest..so we can slot G at 2 and Coots at 3

Maybe we can get Zack Smith for our #1 C since he has more ES points than Giroux, Bergeron, Kopitar, Thorton, Toews, Duchene, RJ, or ROR. You know, since only ES points count now.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware

An even harder find lol id like tatar of hed agree to sign before a trade, id be willing to move our pick and a small + could you imagine lines like this (theoretically) excuse any spelling errors

Tatar roo simmonds
Schenn coots voracek
Lindbholm laughton/cousins konecny
Raffl laughton/cousins read

Idk about you guys but it looks a hell of a lot better than our team now

Or even
Tatar roo simmonds
Lindbholm coots voracek
Laughton/raffl schenn konecny
Raffl/laughton cousins read

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
The issue with finding higher end centers is that everybody is in search for them. So they cost a lot in trade. Your next best bet is through the draft & those guys are generally gobbled up early. Even now a days the smaller guys with potential to play down the middle are getting drafted high. So your days of finding a Giroux at #22 are getting tougher.

I still think if you can find a better 3C & 4C the Flyers would get better production out their overall forward group as it would bring a lot of stability that we just haven't had. You add Lindblom to the mix & keep Schenn on the wing that makes us better on the wing.

Does anyone think raffl could be our answer at 3c? Then we could concentrate on a top line lw that can score.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Does anyone think raffl could be our answer at 3c? Then we could concentrate on a top line lw that can score.

No.

We need someone who can score.....or play shutdown defense. I don't think Raffl goes either.

He is fairly good along the boards and want to keep him there. But he doesn't belong on the top 2 lines at wing either.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Pray Vegas claims Weise or Read and sign Berglund or Hanzal.

Hanzal is going to get overpaid and has a bit of a tendency to get injured. Berglund would be good.

However a lot will depend on Voroybov IMO. If he signs with the Flyers this offseason, I'd be surprised if he needed more than 1 full AHL season after being in the KHL. Most NHL players don't need a ton of AHL seasoning. So if he does sign this offseason, I would look into trading for Filppula. He has one year left at $5 mil and Tampa would love to get rid of him before the expansion draft since he has a NMC.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
What about Brodin/Dumba + Pominville before the ED? Pominville's contract is a negative, but the Flyers can fit his last two years in. It would solve Minnesota's ED issues in one trade.

Not sure what it would take though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad