Proposal: Realistic Trade Proposals 2016-17 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtlasRust

Jan 16, 2011
If we lose tomorrow against the Pens someone is getting moved during our week long break.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
If the Flyers lose to the Pens tomorrow I'll write a 10,000 word essay about why the Penguins are the best franchise in sports.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
We can't even make a trade during the break and have that guy practice. By I so wish we would do something.

Imagine if Holmgen was in charge and Snider was alive.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
I wouldn't hold my breath on trading MacDonald any time soon. It's just too much of a nightmare contract even for NHL folk.

Lol, just seems like Edwards really raves about MacDonald every time the Flyers play the Bruins. Maybe he could lobby for this trade.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hextall will probably be in sell mode if they lose tomorrow.
They're not making the playoffs with these two goalies.
So better just to accept reality, and move out any of the trash you can for whatever you can get.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Hextall will probably be in sell mode if they lose tomorrow.
They're not making the playoffs with these two goalies.
So better just to accept reality, and move out any of the trash you can for whatever you can get.

We made the playoffs with these same 2 goalies last year.

Neither goalie is as bad as their stats say they are....the last few years prove that. But they certainly are not getting any help from the defense OR forwards. As Appleyard said, it seems like we have 1 guy make a mistake and the puck ends up in our net.

We are not as bad as we are playing now and not as good as when we won 10 straight. You have to think at some point one of the goalies get hot and steals a few game.

Regardless, I have said before that we should be sellers anyways because we have the replacements for the UFA's sitting in the AHL. Sell whatever we can, get picks, and then use those picks to fill holes at the ED or the summer.

6 weeks till trade deadline.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The goalies may not be as bad as they're looking, but it's getting awfully late for the "real" Mason and Neuvirth to show up. I doubt they're suddenly going to play at a .920+% rate again, if lucky, the league average of .914 is possible, but that probably won't be good enough. Had they played at that rate last year we probably end up at 90 points or so.

The defense has been pretty miserable the last three years, or since Kimmo fell off the career cliff and Streit got old. I don't think the team is making that many more mistakes this year, it's just that we got spoiled by hot goaltenders and are now discovering the opposite.

It's not just the Flyers - look at Boston:
Rask 21-9-3 .926%
all others 1-9-2 .873%

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
They can't run some of the defenders out there next year if they're going young in net. Stolarz looked good in his two games but it was just that two games. The more he plays the more teams will pick up on his tendencies so it's going to be crucial to get him some help (the other goalie as well). Perhaps there was a bit of a call-up high going on as well which happens with players too.

Obviously Streit, Schultz, & likely Del Zotto are gone but the plug needs to be pulled on MacDonald & Manning too. Time to move away from the garbage. If you're Hextall I think you need to seek a trade for some defensive help this offseason. It doesn't have to be a big name just somebody that can give you quality minutes & help take some pressure off the youth.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Unless Vegas take him, I can't see Manning going anywhere. Hextall and Hak are both big fans, and he's cheap.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Neuvy, Read, MDZ for Hutchinson, Stuart , and a 2nd.

Stuart sucks, but cheaper than Read and we can expose Hutch next year. Stuart is decent on PK and adds a physical dimension, he and Morin would be mean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad