Proposal: Realistic Jack Eichel Proposals

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He's good at hockey

Really strange how you'll go to bat for Robert Hagg day and night then snarl at players like Eichel and Gaudreau. Players that affect the game in a postive way

Hagg is cheap and is our 7th D-man.

Eichel is very expensive. If you can get him for Frost, TK and our 1st rd pick fine, but when people start throwing in a top 4 D-man, no. He's not a game changer on a team with good forward depth. I'd much rather use those assets on a top RHD.

Gaudreau has been MIA in the playoffs last two tries and is having a meh season. If you could get him cheap (assets and salary), fine, but I've been saying for two years he's overrated. Last year, 1.76 pp/60, this year 1.54. A guy that small has a limited margin of error, slow down a little and you're no longer a special player. Would you play him over Giroux, Lindblom or JVR?

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Hagg is cheap and is our 7th D-man.

Eichel is very expensive. If you can get him for Frost, TK and our 1st rd pick fine, but when people start throwing in a top 4 D-man, no. He's not a game changer on a team with good forward depth. I'd much rather use those assets on a top RHD.

Gaudreau has been MIA in the playoffs last two tries and is having a meh season. If you could get him cheap (assets and salary), fine, but I've been saying for two years he's overrated. Last year, 1.76 pp/60, this year 1.54. A guy that small has a limited margin of error, slow down a little and you're no longer a special player. Would you play him over Giroux, Lindblom or JVR?
Wow 1.76 to 1.54, a sure sign he is slowing down.

Yes I would play JG over Lindblom and JVR. Not really a question.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yeah wishfully wanting to get rid of a 65ish point guy for nothing is very odd. Not like we have lots of GUARANTEED 65 point guys in waiting.

Raw production does not automatically equal plus value. Jake has been a net negative this season and is set to get paid $8.25 per for his age 32-34 seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad