Proposal: Realistic Jack Eichel Proposals

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Cap space for what? Who the f*** is going to sign as a FA here.

Lots of teams are TRYING to make cap space as we approach the expansion draft...can result in a good player (i.e Nate Schmidt, Ryan Murray, etc) being had for nothing.

There's talks Ekholm AND Ellis are available. Seth Jones might be available in the offseason...theres lots of reasons to make cap space

Reactions: LorneMalvo

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
If he had JVR's contract, I would be completely fine with Voracek on the team. But we're going to need cap space and he really is the logical choice to make room.

I agree that he still has trade value though, but I doubt you'd get a lot for him.

I'm not arguing trading Jake could be a reasonable move. I'm declaring that it's insane to think we'd have to pay someone and get nothing back in order to have him go elsewhere.

That's the kind of claim that shows how far away from reality people can get on HFBoards when they play armchair GM. I'm glad you're not making that claim.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm not arguing trading Jake could be a reasonable move. I'm declaring that it's insane to think we'd have to pay someone and get nothing back in order to have him go elsewhere.

That's the kind of claim that shows how far away from reality people can get on HFBoards when they play armchair GM. I'm glad you're not making that claim.

I don't think your perception of Jake's value leaguewide is close to reality either.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
:laugh: Seems like it

no kidding. I at least can respect people when they stick by their opinion but flip flopping back and forth isn't acceptable. It's all water under the bridge at this point but they should of blew the core up years ago besides Giroux.

What's this nonsense that Voracek doesn't have trade value? I mean it's not out of the question to say that he'll be a 60-70 point player the rest of his contract. Sure it's a bit pricey but he checks a lot of the boxes GMs like.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
no kidding. I at least can respect people when they stick by their opinion but flip flopping back and forth isn't acceptable. It's all water under the bridge at this point but they should of blew the core up years ago besides Giroux.

What's this nonsense that Voracek doesn't have trade value? I mean it's not out of the question to say that he'll be a 60-70 point player the rest of his contract. Sure it's a bit pricey but he checks a lot of the boxes GMs like.

Exactly.

GMs tend to like good players, regardless of their contracts being a bit pricey. If we're talking about a bad player then of course I agree...but Jake hasn't stopped putting points up and doesn't seem like he's about to. His contract will be almost a non-issue in a trade...you just acquire an expiring contract if you have to to balance the salary, but it doesn't deter teams from picking up a top winger.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Exactly.

GMs tend to like good players, regardless of their contracts being a bit pricey. If we're talking about a bad player then of course I agree...but Jake hasn't stopped putting points up and doesn't seem like he's about to. His contract will be almost a non-issue in a trade...you just acquire an expiring contract if you have to to balance the salary, but it doesn't deter teams from picking up a top winger.

I wish people would stop acting like Jake is some reclamation project. Frankly no one on the team has an albatross of a contract.

Some dummies act like Ghost has one as well but any GM worth his salt is going to take chance there too. Everyone on this team (excluding NMCs/NTCs) is move-able.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

The notion that Voracek has negative trade value or needs to go is just absolutely absurd. The guy is still producing even though he's been pushed to the third line and has had his PP time sabotaged.

People are out of their minds with frustration right now and want scapegoats and blood. Nothing more.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The notion that Voracek has negative trade value or needs to go is just absolutely absurd. The guy is still producing even though he's been pushed to the third line and has had his PP time sabotaged.

People are out of their minds with frustration right now and want scapegoats and blood. Nothing more.
Yeah wishfully wanting to get rid of a 65ish point guy for nothing is very odd. Not like we have lots of GUARANTEED 65 point guys in waiting.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I wish people would stop acting like Jake is some reclamation project. Frankly no one on the team has an albatross of a contract.

Some dummies act like Ghost has one as well but any GM worth his salt is going to take chance there too. Everyone on this team (excluding NMCs/NTCs) is move-able.

Mhm!

And to be clear: I'd trade Jake, sure. I think it'd be dumb to trade him if you're not making a "hockey trade" since you're supposed to be competing right now. Dumping one of your top players for nothing during a competing window would just be absurd.

If it makes sense to trade Jake, then do it (don't just trade him in hopes you'll sign a free agent like Doug Hamilton).

We need to get better now, not worse.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I mean, if the question is Voracek or JVR, I'd keep JVR. Same age, similar level of production, but only two more years on his contract and lower AAV.
It's safe to say that one has to go in order to re-sign Couturier and all the other upcoming FA's.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I mean, if the question is Voracek or JVR, I'd keep JVR. Same age, similar level of production, but only two more years on his contract and lower AAV.
It's safe to say that one has to go in order to re-sign Couturier and all the other upcoming FA's.

I don't think anyone has a problem with this thought process. I think the issue I (and others) have is that you can only achieve this by giving away one for free...that their value is zero (or less).

It's just terrible asset management to lose one for nothing.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Eichel really isn't going to get traded for what fans think he's worth.

When was the last time a player of his calibre returned anything half decent. Thornton returned scrap, Hall returned scrap, Stone returned bit parts.

The team trading the superstar almost always loses out.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008

When was the last time a player of his calibre returned anything half decent. Thornton returned scrap, Hall returned scrap, Stone returned bit parts.

PLD for Laine and Roslovic was decent enough for both teams.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

I agree with you.

I think the best Buff is getting is something like TK, Patrick, Andrae, and a 1st

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad