Proposal: Realistic Jack Eichel Proposals

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Is there anything the realistic the Flyers could put together to get him? What do you think it would take?

Young Roster Players
Provorov
Sanheim
Myers
Konecny
Farabee
Frost

Prospects
York
Zamula
Foerster
Brink

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
8c7a138a1d03d372644dc84571a8f071.gif

tumblr_m9qsz4CP6S1rafymyo1_500.gif

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Is there anything the realistic the Flyers could put together to get him? What do you think it would take?

Young Roster Players
Provorov
Sanheim
Myers
Konecny
Farabee
Frost

Prospects
York
Zamula
Foerster
Brink

People keep including Provorov in these conjectures and I think it's nuts. Not because he shouldn't be available in a deal for Eichel, but because he won't be. The org. views him as a #1 2-way and I'm reasonably sure they view him as untouchable. Incredibly, the way NHL GMs work, I think Buffalo would also over-inflate his value and wouldn't even think to ask for him as a result.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I know they want four 1st round equivolent assets. Its tough to assemble a package we can realistically pony up and also make it appealing to Buffalo.

mja

Jan 7, 2005
I know they want four 1st round equivolent assets. Its tough to assemble a package we can realistically pony up and also make it appealing to Buffalo.

It's not that difficult really. TK pretty much has to be part of any package just for salary ramifications. You have to assume a 1st, though at this point ours should be lottery protected. That's 2 of the 4 and we have a lot of other pieces we can still add.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If we have Couts, Hayes, Frost, Patrick and Laczynski, what is the value of Eichel v the pieces we have to give to get him - i.e. center is not our weakest position, and he's not McDavid or MacKinnon (he's a 50-55 point ES scorer with average defense, he's not an elite player, and he won't have better players on his line here than he does in Buffalo).

We need a top four RHD and solid backup goalie more than we need Eichel, and trading for him would pretty much preclude obtaining those players (loss of assets and cap room).

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
not sure i would want to give up Provo..but then again..he does seem to have to keep having a vet by his side...i thought he was the vert at this point

Reactions: Don Nachbaur 26

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
If we have Couts, Hayes, Frost, Patrick and Laczynski, what is the value of Eichel v the pieces we have to give to get him - i.e. center is not our weakest position, and he's not McDavid or MacKinnon (he's a 50-55 point ES scorer with average defense, he's not an elite player, and he won't have better players on his line here than he does in Buffalo).

We need a top four RHD and solid backup goalie more than we need Eichel, and trading for him would pretty much preclude obtaining those players (loss of assets and cap room).

Eichel - 1A
Couts - 1B
Hayes - 3C
Frost - move to wing
Patrick - isn't good
Laczynski - 4C

Reactions: Schwarbomb

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It's not that difficult really. TK pretty much has to be part of any package just for salary ramifications. You have to assume a 1st, though at this point ours should be lottery protected. That's 2 of the 4 and we have a lot of other pieces we can still add.

Would they even want TK?

mja

Jan 7, 2005
Would they even want TK?

I’m sure they’d have interest in him. Young, productive, reasonable contract. They’ll likely need to get a Konecny type player (meaning age, contract, productivity) in whatever package they end up taking, and if you have a young C or D comparable to Konecny, you probably aren’t eager to trade him, even for Eichel.

I don’t think we’re favorites or anything, but we can put together a competitive offer.

Reactions: BestPlayerAvailable

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Giroux is miles better than anyone on Buffalo.

Voracek too. Farabee probably is that far off Reinhart either.

G will be 34 next year, at some point he's going to slow down, and it's not the distant future.
Voracek will be 32, and he's past his peak.
Farabee would be playing with Couts, TK would be traded, so who's left?

And if you include Provorov, gee, now you need to find TWO top four defensemen.

Robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Reactions: IronMarshal

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
G will be 34 next year, at some point he's going to slow down, and it's not the distant future.
Voracek will be 32, and he's past his peak.
Farabee would be playing with Couts, TK would be traded, so who's left?

And if you include Provorov, gee, now you need to find TWO top four defensemen.

Robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Ride with Sanheim, Myers, Ghost, Zamula, York, Braun + any additions on D.

Fair point about the wingers. Even with TK that is still an issue. You have to hope Frost pans out and maybe NP finds his game on the wing. (I imagine you are assuming we lose JVR to the ED?)

Still a no brainer to move Provorov and TK for Eichel to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad