GDT: Rd1 G2: caPs @ caTs 7:30ish

Status
Not open for further replies.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Yeah that was a back breaker. VV needs to stop that
Was that the 2 on 0 from the blue line, the 2 dmen that let the skater go right to the middle of the ice and never gapped up or made a play on the shot or was it the 3rd man uncovered from the blue line to the bottom of the circles?

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
The real question is, do you see Samsonov starting game 4 or 5?
Doesn't matter. All their goalies suck. The team trusts vanny the most but that was fragile. You can't play to your abilities when you know any shot from anywhere in the building is an automatic goal. Where are all those people that were happy the caps didn't give up any of the overrated prospects or picks for a goalie?

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Doesn't matter. All their goalies suck. The team trusts vanny the most but that was fragile. You can't play to your abilities when you know any shot from anywhere in the building is an automatic goal. Where are all those people that were happy the caps didn't give up any of the overrated prospects or picks for a goalie?
2 on 0 from their own blue line. Shut up.

• Haha
Reactions: Caps8112

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Oshie, Backstrom & Eller leading the forwards in TOI is certainly a decision.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Turnip? Gimme the crab juice
1651804471151.png

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
He was shit in the first game too. The d got caught in no man's land on the Bennett goal and he scored from 30' out. Go on....
It’s on video and posted above. You’re refusal of reality doesn’t change anything.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
It’s on video and posted above. You’re refusal of reality doesn’t change anything.
Talking about two different goals and I had not commented on the one your referring too. He had no chance on the first goal tonight or the one your referring too. He still sucks

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Talking about two different goals and I had not commented on the one your referring too. He had no chance on the first goal tonight or the one your referring too. He still sucks
Well it’s obvious you can’t get past your own shortsighted narrative. Moving on.

Reactions: Caps8112

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Not much of a push to start 3rd. But it was good for Sammy to get a clean sheet for the period. Maybe that boosts his confidence for game 3. Darren Pang is crazy if he thinks HCPL going back to VV for game 3. No way in hell
Don't worry - Sammy's sheets won't stay clean for long in game 3!

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
I think this game was a write off. Outside of the first 1 minute i barely saw Ovi do anything and he is always a decent measuring stick for our fortunes. It seems like Oshie is the only one hitting to my high standards.
Yeah the concern I have around Oshie is whether he can continue being this physical without getting hurt :(

Reactions: RandyHolt

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
Where are all those people that were happy the caps didn't give up any of the overrated prospects or picks for a goalie?

What goalie? There weren't any decent ones available at the deadline, at least none we could afford. And going with this tandem during the offseason was less a gamble than it was a cap situation. "...any of the overrated prospects or picks..."? We were capped out, so it would have taken a roster player equal in value to the salary you were taking on.

I don't think anyone was happy that we were stuck with these keepers at the TDL. At best there were a few that shrugged and were willing to deal with it because VV was playing well right then. You showing up now and acting like you told us they were no good and a bunch of people here argued with you? Revisionist bullshit.

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC
What goalie? There weren't any decent ones available at the deadline, at least none we could afford. And going with this tandem during the offseason was less a gamble than it was a cap situation. "...any of the overrated prospects or picks..."? We were capped out, so it would have taken a roster player equal in value to the salary you were taking on.

I don't think anyone was happy that we were stuck with these keepers at the TDL. At best there were a few that shrugged and were willing to deal with it because VV was playing well right then. You showing up now and acting like you told us they were no good and a bunch of people here argued with you? Revisionist bullshit.
I’m more annoyed that they decided last summer to go with these two but I guess it is what it is right now.

Reactions: PlushMinus

Monsterrain

Mar 4, 2013
Maryland
I know its only one guy but when you replace tommy with leason, its a major downgrade. Thats not including what he does to this team mentally.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
My only real complaint (aside from goaltending) is that Dowd and Hathaway should be stapled together.

They played really well for the first ~30 minutes, didn't convert on chances, and then it was over quickly. They're playing an excellent team, they were going to be a bit embarrassed at least once.

Remember the 2011 SCF. The Bruins got outscored significantly by Vancouver, but no one cares because Boston won 4 games. That's possible here.

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
My only real complaint (aside from goaltending) is that Dowd and Hathaway should be stapled together.

They played really well for the first ~30 minutes, didn't convert on chances, and then it was over quickly. They're playing an excellent team, they were going to be a bit embarrassed at least once.

Remember the 2011 SCF. The Bruins got outscored significantly by Vancouver, but no one cares because Boston won 4 games. That's possible here.
Boston outscored the 'Nucks 23-8 rofl

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Brutal and shameful performance in 2nd half of the game.

Dominated them the 1st half, goaltending blew the game. After that there was zero effort. No pushback at all and zero answer to the Panthers physically. This is where we dearly miss Wilson and healthy Ovechkin. This team is bunch of sheeps and as if we didn't have enough already we just had to spend picks to acquire noted passenger Marcus Johansson.

Ah well, still only 1-1. Hopefully someone shows up when we return home.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Better to lose 5-1 than in 3OT.

-Hope Wilson will be available for G3
-If not. Play the 4th line together no matter what Larsson-Dowd-Hathaway
-Rotate Ovi/Sheary/Oshie/Leason at 3RW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad