GDT: Rd1 G2: caPs @ caTs 7:30ish

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
I really don’t like taking Hath off the Dowd line. Just throw Leason with Eller. Or play AJF instead to add some speed (though not sure if he is physically up for playoff hockey just yet).

It’s been a while since we’ve seen Leason - hope he gets the game plan and is ready to lay some wood. Hope that Tom is resting up for Saturday.

Nervous for tonight, hard to see FL losing 2 in their place. Let’s hope for an early goal and some puck luck from the hockey g-ds.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Leason is 6'5" but I dont remember him looking to lay wood out there.

I want us to be physical but I dont want it have to be done by guys like Oshie and Ovie. Osh can lay some dudes out but we need him healthy.

Disappointed in how soft we were game 1. Gudas punked us. Marchment punked us.

TVR better f***ing hit some guys. He passes up on standard run of the mill hits that even Backstrom would do.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
The path to success tonight is to reduce our expectations below sea level. Right now, I'm still just happy to not be swept and that Ovi got 50. We are going to lose tonight by 15 goals. We have no chance. We might just be eliminated tonight.

0*Qmt18m8ZI3f6R0QK.jpeg

Reactions: Neil Racki

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Hoping Mantha has another good game and scores a goal or more. Leason has size like Protas and reach. Leason also scored some gutsy and odd goals this years which is great this time of year. McMichael needs playoff experience or trade him for upgrades this summer. No sense in wasting that kind of prospect talent by not playing. I agree Florida is going to come out hard and expect Hornquist and Gudas to be on the lookout. Caps just need to build off that win Monday and not become complacent or find excuses. Stay focused and get the killer instinct.

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC
I don’t get f-ing up the fourth line in this situation. Move McMike to the third line with Eller and Mantha and voila. This decision on Leason isn’t adding up to me. I get he is a big body but that is about all he offers.

Hoping Mantha has another good game and scores a goal or more. Leason has size like Protas and reach. Leason also scored some gutsy and odd goals this years which is great this time of year. McMichael needs playoff experience or trade him for upgrades this summer. No sense in wasting that kind of prospect talent by not playing. I agree Florida is going to come out hard and expect Hornquist and Gudas to be on the lookout. Caps just need to build off that win Monday and not become complacent or find excuses. Stay focused and get the killer instinct.
Agreed. It feels like at least the coaching staff isn’t a McMichael fan. Hopefully management disagrees.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I don’t get f-ing up the fourth line in this situation. Move McMike to the third line with Eller and Mantha and voila. This decision on Leason isn’t adding up to me. I get he is a big body but that is about all he offers.

Agreed. It feels like at least the coaching staff isn’t a McMichael fan. Hopefully management disagrees.
Yeah I was hoping for more Protas. I firmly believe he has a bright future as a Cap.

Reactions: SecretaryofDefense5

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
My first inclination was that I didn’t like putting Leason in over AJF and McMiguel, but as I mentioned in the other thread Laviolette has earned the benefit of the doubt after winning the coaching battle in Game 1.

If things don’t go well tonight and the lineup changes are the blame, then I’ll be peeved. But for now I’ll just hope Leason is best equipped to execute the gameplan and structure that can beat the Panthers tonight.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Lavi wants big bodies in there. I expect Leason to get about 7 minutes tonight.

This also does not sound good. “We how to see him down the road” makes it sound like he’s not close. If we get him back by Game 5 I think we’re lucky.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
My first inclination was that I didn’t like putting Leason in over AJF and McMiguel, but as I mentioned in the other thread Laviolette has earned the benefit of the doubt after winning the coaching battle in Game 1.

If things don’t go well tonight and the lineup changes are the blame, then I’ll be peeved. But for now I’ll just hope Leason is best equipped to execute the gameplan and structure that can beat the Panthers tonight.

I wish everyone understood this. Maybe just maybe he's not looking for the replacement with the best offensive play driving ability, maybe he's looking for the most defensively sound forward from among 5 different rookies to choose from? Maybe he's considering who is built to withstand what he expects to be an immense physical response from FLA?

At some point, the coach isn't idiot just because he doesn't play our favorite players.

Pretty sure both of them were not alive when the Panther's adopted the rat thing throwing them on the ice. What was that, 96?

Interesting fun fact, 96 was year two of four consecutive Stanley Cup finals sweeps, the last one being 98 when the Caps lost to the Wings 4-0. What a boring era of Cup finals. Four sweeps in a row. :help:

Kuz

May 11, 2015
Need to be focused at the start of the game. They will come out hard and if they cant Get a goal they will be frustrated and desperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad