RD Timothy Liljegren - Timra IK, Allsvenskan (2017, 17th, TOR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
His name is Tim. Only his mother is calls him Timothy no one else should.

If his birth certificate, passport, etc. say Timothy, then that's his name. I go by the abbreviated version of my name, and always have, but my true name is the full version.

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
Reading over the first dozen or so pages makes you think we just got the best player in the draft if it happened last year haha

One guy said he looks better than Hedman/Karlsson/OEL at 16.

Don’t know how you can let a talent like that fall so far, even if he had a down year. Ex: Rielly

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
If the Jets never swapped 1st round picks with Vegas do you think they might have taken him at #13?

Someone with some ties to Jets org and has predicted things correctly in the past with the Jets said they would have likely taken Liljegren at 13, assuming certain guys taken well within top 10 didn't fall (Personally I get the impression they had him after only the Top 3 and Cody Glass).

I really wanted Jets to take him but am happy with Leafs getting him.

Expect lots of other teams to be salty. This is a huge steal at 17.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Someone with some ties to Jets org and has predicted things correctly in the past with the Jets said they would have likely taken Liljegren at 13, assuming certain guys taken well within top 10 didn't fall (Personally I get the impression they had him after only the Top 3 and Cody Glass).

I really wanted Jets to take him but am happy with Leafs getting him.

Expect lots of other teams to be salty. This is a huge steal at 17.

The value was there at 17 given the skill set, but there's a reason Liljegren fell and teams, besides Detroit, didn't necessarily err in passing on him. It wasn't just the mono (god bless whoever kissed that mug). Anyway, congrats to the Leafs.

Last edited:

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
He is probably going to the team where he is probably the most likely to succeed right now.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Will he play for Timra or Rogle next year?

I see he played for both this season.

He belongs to the Rögle organization. Was only ever loaned to Timrå. Not sure why the title of this thread hasn't been updated since.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Classic case of a prospect being talked about waaaay to much because the leafs took him... I mean pump the brakes here. You guys are hyping him up more than Devils and flyers fans are hyping Nico and Nolan. Stop acting like you got the best player in the draft. Not the best player let alone dman, he has a LOT of work to do before ever even sniffing an NHL top 4 dman.

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
Classic case of a prospect being talked about waaaay to much because the leafs took him... I mean pump the brakes here. You guys are hyping him up more than Devils and flyers fans are hyping Nico and Nolan. Stop acting like you got the best player in the draft. Not the best player let alone dman, he has a LOT of work to do before ever even sniffing an NHL top 4 dman.

This guy was being talked about a ton well before Toronto took him. Getting someone with his skillset at 17 is worth talking about, even if he has high bust potential.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Nolan Patrick regresses due to being injured and he drops 1 spot.
Liljegren regresses due to being sick and he drops 15 spots.

Did only 1 of these 2 kids show how talented they were last year? No, they both showed it, but only 1 suffered a crazy drop as a result.

I'm ecstatic as a Leaf fan.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario

Yup. Just like Nylander. Just like Marner. Just like Matthews. :biglaugh:

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
I'd be hyping him up like crazy too if he fell to my 17th overall pick. There's no denying that it was great value there... For a guy who has been ranked as the best player in the draft before his play fell off.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012

Jealous post. Sad. Nobody is penciling him into our top 4 next year.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.

It might have something to do with the fact there are a lot of hardcore Leaf fans on this forum and they are vocal. Don't see the problem.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Then maybe don't go to Leafs related topics. We have the largest fan base here, what the hell do you expect? Leafs fans to go into other topics to talk heavily about a guy they didn't draft? A significant amount of posters here care almost exclusively about who their team takes, it just ends up being proportional to the size of the fanbase.

No one logical is saying we got the best player in the draft. We are talking about a high-upside guy we got at 17 who was once considered the 2nd best player in the draft.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Hypothetically speaking. If the leafs had the 8th overall pick instead of 17...would u stil take liljegren?

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Hypothetically speaking. If the leafs had the 8th overall pick instead of 17...would u stil take liljegren?

I doubt they take Lilegren if they were 8th. I think Foote, Valimaki and Brannstrom are better prospects. I am in love with the Brannstrom pick. He is gonna be a stud.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I'd take Vilardi.

There are some others that are debatable like Suzuki, Necas, and to a lesser extent Foote, Branstrom and Valimaki.

I would absolutely take him over, Rasmussen and Tippett.

The last list I can remember posting ranking these players in late April, I only had Necas and Vilardi above. Vilardi was the only one I'd consider a tier above.

Edit: Found my list as of June 22nd. So, in short, I'd only clearly take Vilardi. Necas vs him would have been a serious debate as I see them as in the same tier while Liljegren fits a much bigger need.
1: Hischier (Finally switched)
2: Patrick
3: Vilardi
4: Heiskanen
5: Pettersson
6: Glass
7: Makar
8: Mittelstadt
9: Necas
10: Liljegren
11: Foote
12: Suzuki
13: Lias Anderssen
14: Valimaki
15: Poehling
16: Branstrom
17: Vaakanianen
18: Klim Kostin
19: Ratcliffe
20: Tolvanen
21: Tippett
22: Yamamoto
23: Robertson
24: PO Joseph
25: Dylan Samberg
26: Rasmussen
27: Robert Thomas
28: Kole Lind
29: Bowers
30: Chytil
31: Boqvist

Last edited:

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
It would be difficult to pass on vilardi even though he doesn't address an immediate need for us imo.

I agree. The perfect player for the Leafs is a defensive minded center that is good at ES. Sean Couturier would look great in the Leafs lineup. Vilardi could handle that role and the Leafs would be a really scary team.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I agree. The perfect player for the Leafs is a defensive minded center that is good at ES. Sean Couturier would look great in the Leafs lineup. Vilardi could handle that role and the Leafs would be a really scary team.
We use Kadri for that role, and that isn't Vilardi's game at all. He's a poor-man's Matthews or Tavares who doesn't have the skating to play center most likely. He's also not really a shut down guy. His game is built around great hands and strength on the puck which allows him to be strong along the boards and drive the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig