RD Timothy Liljegren - Timra IK, Allsvenskan (2017, 17th, TOR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Congratulations to the Leafs for selecting Liljegren. But please don't make 500 threads about him, like you do for Matthews.

With a large percentage of posters on HFBoards being Leafs fans, I'm not sure how its a difficult concept to comprehend that Leafs prospects will have numerous threads.

It doesn't mean that the prospect is better than your favourite team's prospect. It means there are simply more Leafs fans on here than any other fanbase and what do Leafs fans want to talk about? Leafs prospects.

Why are people so dense?

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
With a large percentage of posters on HFBoards being Leafs fans, I'm not sure how its a difficult concept to comprehend that Leafs prospects will have numerous threads.

It doesn't mean that the prospect is better than your favourite team's prospect. It means there are simply more Leafs fans on here than any other fanbase and what do Leafs fans want to talk about? Leafs prospects.

Why are people so dense?

Then they can stay in the leaf board. It's how they are shoved down everyone throat on every single forum.

Oilyveins97*

Jun 11, 2017
Manitoba
There's been a thread bumped up on the Leafs board about how 1 year ago, Leaf fans felt they should "Tank" for a top pick and named Liljegren as the guy to get. 1 year later they made the playoffs and still got Liljegren. Why the hell would Leaf fans not be delighted?
Mono is the only reason he went 17 overall. He has elite skill and can be a #1 RH D.

The thing is I guarantee 90% of Leaf fans didn't even watch him play last yr, they all just fall in love with the fact he was once considered a top player in this draft.

If you think mono is the only reason Liljegren fell in the draft, then you are definitely part of that 90%

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Too early to say whether he's definitively a steal or not. He has the potential to be, but he'll have to prove that his drop in the draft compared to his 16-17 pre-season ranking was mostly due to mono. If he does and he shows a return to that form there will be GMs kicking themselves for letting him slip.

I don't think he's a steal because I don't think anyone is a steal on draft day.

I'm surprised he didn't go a few spots earlier though as why not? He's shown in the past to have very high potential up there with the top 3-5 picks in this draft, and what is the worst that can happen by picking him 12th or something, he turns out to be like any other player picked there? Probably the highest ceiling of anyone picked in the teens, but there are also valid reasons for why he dropped like he did.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Then they can stay in the leaf board. It's how they are shoved down everyone throat on every single forum.

No problem!

Please show me the list of teams fans that are allowed to post in the other forums and I will gladly round up the Leafs posters and have them stay out of the rest.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
The thing is I guarantee 90% of Leaf fans didn't even watch him play last yr, they all just fall in love with the fact he was once considered a top player in this draft.

If you think mono is the only reason Liljegren fell in the draft, then you are definitely part of that 90%

Let's be honest, how many people watch European prospects? You think that's just Leaf fans? Virtually no one on here watches them. So it's unfair to try to spin it that only Leaf fans did not watch him.

And mono is 100% the reason he fell. I'm shocked you're trying to deny that.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Every year, there's usually 1 first rounder who drops in the draft and is deemed a "Steal". Not sure why it's wrong for Leafs fans to do this. Caps fans did that with Forsberg and Ducks fans with Fowler (2 recent examples).
There's so much Leaf hate on here it's hilarious.
And I have to question why the Canucks would not have met with him since almost every other team did. Maybe they just don't know what they are doing?

Examples of it being the other way around too though. Esposito, Gormley, Farland, Kabanov, Filatov (to an extent), MPS, Schroeder, etc.

Who knows if this is a steal or not. He obviously has plenty of talent or he wouldn't of been rated so highly at the start of the season, but there's a reason many other teams past on him too.

Time will tell.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Let's be honest, how many people watch European prospects? You think that's just Leaf fans? Virtually no one on here watches them.

Wrong.

Other fan bases have watched all of their draft picks play atleast 8-10 times live.

ITM

As Long As It Takes
Jan 26, 2012
And while some are (rightly) calling for cooler heads, let's remember that Erik Karlsson was in fact drafted at 15. Thomas Chabot for all his superlatives (pre-draft) was drafted 18th with scouts that saw something in him other departments didn't up until that pick.

It is reasonable to be enthusiastic about a pick that absolutely was considered a consensus top 2 prospect in the world, that actually had a season filled with events he couldn't control, that resulted in a drop in perceived value that otherwise wouldn't have (likely) occurred but for said uncontrollable interruption.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Let's be honest, how many people watch European prospects? You think that's just Leaf fans? Virtually no one on here watches them.

It's not the only reason he fell, I'm shocked you're trying to say that.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
No problem!

Please show me the list of teams fans that are allowed to post in the other forums and I will gladly round up the Leafs posters and have them stay out of the rest.

But then how will everyone know just how godly the Leaf prospect and players are. Can't rob the peasants of this information.

ITM

As Long As It Takes
Jan 26, 2012
But then how will everyone know just how godly the Leaf prospect and players are. Can't rob the serfs of this information.

Serfs?

Shall we discuss the importance of LeafsNation dollars in supporting The Toronto Maple Leafs and in turn how The Toronto Maple Leafs support the NHL?

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
He belongs to the R�gle organization. Was only ever loaned to Timr�. Not sure why the title of this thread hasn't been updated since.

Now that he is a Leaf there will be a new thread in a few days due to volume of posts.

Lol I didn't realize I'm actually the one who started this thread and could've changed it at any time hahaha. Dang.

EDIT: I guess not, there's apparently two different titles? One for mods, one for regular users ?!

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

in the corner of every thread before you click to go in is an little X which puts the entire thread on ignore. May be easier for you to ignore threads you dont want to see as opposed to policing an entire fanbse because you dont want to see it

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
He didn't just fall because of mono. He fell because there are big question marks regarding his defensive game and hockey IQ. That doesn't mean he won't develop into a good player. When you draft 17-18 year olds, it's far from a precise science.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad